wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
review.gif
Joypad Converters
Xmas Suggestion!
retrozonenesusb2010.jpeg

Players who emulate the games of their youth usually have one complaint, the lack of the original controller. Why not consider picking up a USB adapter for that retro gamer on your holiday list. RetroZone stocks converters for NES, SNES, N64, Atari, and Vectrex. For more information about the products check the homepage, linked below.

icon11.gif
Homepage

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
remember a few years ago when over 700 radio shack locations closed? i picked up their in-house psx-to-usb converter for $6. i use my original psx pad with it and ALL my direct-x emulation. works great! dealextreme, dinodirect, priceangels, and amazon have also offered psx-to-usb converters in the past (and still do).

-another world

goncalodoom

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Another World said:
remember a few years ago when over 700 radio shack locations closed? i picked up their in-house psx-to-usb converter for $6. i use my original psx pad with it and ALL my direct-x emulation. works great! dealextreme, dinodirect, shoptemp, and amazon have also offered psx-to-usb converters in the past (and still do).

-another world
i use it too,its feels great to use the original PSX controller on ePSXE emulator xD

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got an Adaptoid for this ... N64 to USB converter that's long out of production, but maybe the best ever made. I agree that having an original Nintendo controller makes a huge difference when using emulators. None of the PC gamepads I've ever used come close.

JonthanD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have 4 different converters, 2 are just PSX but 2 are a 3 in 1.

3 in 1 is nice PS2,GameCube,Xbox and a 4 port USB hub too so its amazing.

Combined with one of my Wavebirds its really nice
smile.gif

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
science said:
This seems like an ad.
it's a christmas gift celebration for those not sure what to get for gamer friends
if it were an ad then he'd have suggested one shop. he wouldn't have suggested alternatives in a later post like he did

QUOTE(regnad @ Dec 10 2010, 01:25 PM) If you want an adapter that's compatible with the Hori Mini Pad N64 controller, this guy has made one: http://www.raphnet-tech.com/products/gc_n6...pters/index.php

I can attest myself that it works!
i used a converter from that guy that went from n64 to gcn and it broke after a week, i do not suggest using that guy's stuff

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
science said:
This seems like an ad.
Same could be said pretty much any time shoptemp posts a review or news about a product, existing or upcoming.

This just seems like it moreso than the others because there's little content... but these are just adapters, not much to say.

Hero-Link

Hero of Derrr
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
man i would love a decent converter of N64 controller for the Wii.. my eyes even sparkled... but then i realized it was for the PC :| damn it

MasterPenguin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
mercluke said:
science said:
This seems like an ad.
it's a christmas gift celebration for those not sure what to get for gamer friends
if it were an ad then he'd have suggested one shop. he wouldn't have suggested alternatives in a later post like he did

QUOTE(regnad @ Dec 10 2010, 01:25 PM) If you want an adapter that's compatible with the Hori Mini Pad N64 controller, this guy has made one: http://www.raphnet-tech.com/products/gc_n6...pters/index.php

i used a converter from that guy that went from n64 to gcn and it broke after a week, i do not suggest using that guy's stuff

I've got two converters from him (N64, SNES) both I've had well over a year, maybe two, I don't really remember lol. I'd say you were just really unlucky.

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
mercluke said:
science said:
This seems like an ad.

Did you contact him? I've had several email exchanges with him. He seems like a very nice guy. I would be very very surprised if he didn't immediately offer to replace your adapter free of charge.

If you haven't contacted him -- and I suspect you haven't -- I'd say you have no place to complain.

Mine's worked fine so far with no problems, although it's not the same adapter you have.

snake2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just ordered one of their N64 USB adapters, will be nice to play project 64 with a real N64 pad. I normally use either a Xbox 360 pad or a 3rd party PS3 controller, they work good for nes, snes, sega but with the c buttons on the N64 pad the only good controller I could get was an original xbox pad with the black and white buttons as A and B and ABXY mapped to the C buttons but with windows 7 installing the drivers is a real hassle

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ShdwTakashi @ ShdwTakashi: pineapple belong on pizza? The answer is yes until proven otherwise