XP
Country
Netherlands
zizer said:
SDStatus = 0x00000002

is it enabled ?
OverjoY said:
OverjoY said:
QUOTE(zizer @ Apr 7 2011, 11:19 PM) joyflow only work if i use sd read enable (uneek+di)
sd is enabled by default in UNEEK
@off topic:
@zizer, i like OverjoY's guess but i have seen your comments for a while now and they are hard to follow for me most of the time.
It would be nice if you use full sentences instead of short phrases.

Not to be mean or anything, just asking...

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
OverjoY said:
zizer said:
joyflow only work if i use sd read enable (uneek+di)
sd is enabled by default in UNEEK

QUOTE(scooby74029 @ Apr 7 2011, 11:48 PM) i tested it on sneek and sneek+di it loads fine for me i had to enable the sd card
no games show up though because on my debug output joyflow says there is no usb device connected
but there was or sneek +di will not load
So you confirm JoYflow is working on SNEEK? Does it default to channel view and are you able to launch channels?

JoYflow can't mount the usb-device so it won't find it

Thanks for testing guys!!
LOL, just as i expected, i asked this a while ago, the reply was that JoyFlow would not work on SNEEK, but i already managed to run a modified version of wiiflow on sneek (i think Lenny_kano made it)...

So now it is only a matter of ironing out small kinks, good work OverjoY.

zizer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ChokeD said:
SD support for Wii applications is currently disabled by default,.

SDStatus = 0x00000002 - sd read disabled
SDStatus = 0x00000001 - sd read enabled

for me joyflow only work if i change SDStatus = 0x00000001 (uneek+di)

grnorris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zizer said:
it must be changed before compilation

What program are you using to compile and what rev. I've never had to enable SD support for Uneek+DI but I did experiment with it when I used Sneek+DI. Last I checked Modmii makes rev 150 and SneekyCompiler creates rev 153 (Updated Modmii a few days ago at least).

P.S. Scooby it might not be a bad idea to have a rev.txt file like ModMii does. It makes it a lot easier to keep track of what I've installed to make sure I didn't do something stupid like mix a rev150 SD card with a 153 Hard Drive.

@Etheboss
I don't know for sure but there's two good reasons (I can think of off the top of my head) for people using short answers here:
1.) Programming is done in short sentences and developers can follow really easy.
2.) Not everyone here speaks English natively (I do and I prefer to type full sentences but I'm also one of those people walking around with an analog watch on his wrist).
I should also note that sometimes short is easier to follow. Not always but I know I sometimes get to into detail and probably lose people (For instance when data is in parenthesis it's like an aside, it's good data but the sentence continues or ends before/after parenthesis as per English writing standards. In this case the sentence ended at people and all this after it is an aside).

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
OverjoY said:
It's also possible to make Wiiflow work for both Uneek and real nand. Althought this release is only designed for Uneek!! So just do not load it on real nand. I build in a check if for this and it shouldn't load at all on real nand, but I never checked this if it works.
can anyone confirm if this works? (ie. unable to load joyflow from real nand)

OverjoY

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
XFlak said:
OverjoY said:
It's also possible to make Wiiflow work for both Uneek and real nand. Althought this release is only designed for Uneek!! So just do not load it on real nand. I build in a check if for this and it shouldn't load at all on real nand, but I never checked this if it works.

You don't wanna try that.. please don't if you have no brick protection

It's written in the first post

ok here are the public beta and the source again this mod is for uneek only please dont try this on your real nand

I said that it is possible to make a version that works on both emu and real nand, but I never did

Edit:
Sorry misread your post lol.. As soon as I saw it I wanted to reply as fast as possible

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Yes, I had issues with usb 3.0 harddisks.

I bought a Western Digital Passport 320GB which was suposed to be Wii compatible. I didn't expect any issues as USB 3.0 should be compatible with 2.0 and even 1.1. Even on a pc, the harddisk doesn't come up as a normal usb memory device and tries to install a driver every time. It has to do something with the buildin encryption requiring a password to access the drive. Even if you don't use that and disable it, it keeps asking for a driver upon connection.

I finally ended up buying some cheap 2.5" inch usb harddisk cases, and installing a laptop drive into them. They don't have fancy features like auto spindown which causes problems on the Wii... If things don't work as expected, you still can use the harddisk for other purposes.

The Western Digital worked with some programs, and not with others.
It also didn't work every time....
It's a piece of junk. (I know it's a 4 letter word...)
If you go to the WD forum, you see a lot of people complaining about the fact that you can't use it as a simple usb storage device. Another annoying thing is the cable that is very thick and stiff due to the extra wires in it.

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
it shouldn't load at all on real nand, but I never checked this if it works.

You don't wanna try that.. please don't if you have no brick protection

It's written in the first post

Confirmed this will only load back into hbc if you try to load it.

paulstevens

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OT but mentioned in this thread, RB3 playing in UNEEK+DI

I have this working including save file. I had to use the modified ES module to get it to load and play, that was mentioned in this thread. To get the save file to work (not corrupted) I did the following:

1. used Save Game Extractor to extract the RB3 save file from my real nand to SD card.
2. used Save Game Installer on the EmuNAND (I have hbc 1.07 on emunand and launched Save Game Installer) to recover the RB3 save file.

I had only RB3 in the games directory so it appeared to Save Game Installer that the disk was in the drive as it appeared in the disk channel.

Works like a charm, plus all my scores and saves from real nand are there too.

Note that Save GAme Manager did NOT work in emunand, only Save Game Installer worked.

Hope this helps someone.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/hYkEl-3x92A?si=JSDoEc2QCDOrtimz