Hacking JoyCons only work when attached

mikefor20

We
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A couple new games need 11.0.1, which is not supported with current SX OS. I just ordered a new 512 Micro SD card in hopes that I can use that for a "dual system", one that works as it does now under SX OS, and then put in the new SD card, and have that support 11.0.1 (and future OS) which will play the new games coming out now. I did get the joycons working so now its getting 11.0.1 running on the Switch without losing support of SX OS. I will search here to see if there is a good tutorial explaining how to use Atmosphere.

No nothing needs 11.0.1. You can change the firmware requirements on those. The actual software doesn't require it. It just looks for it. There's lots of ways to do that. I can post them links if you want.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

By all means if you want to run both do so but you don't need it at this point. You don't need 11.0.1 at all at this point unless you're going online. And if you're doing that with any form of piracy he won't be doing it for long LOL.

rob61

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No nothing needs 11.0.1. You can change the firmware requirements on those. The actual software doesn't require it. It just looks for it. There's lots of ways to do that. I can post them links if you want.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

By all means if you want to run both do so but you don't need it at this point. You don't need 11.0.1 at all at this point unless you're going online. And if you're doing that with any form of piracy he won't be doing it for long LOL.

I'd rather not have to change it over to Atmosphere if it will still play the newest games. When I tried I just get a screen saying "an update is needed" so I assumed it required 11.0.1. I currently have 10.2 on it, and from what I read, 11.0 (supported by SX OS) was not enough, it needed 11.0.1 (not supported by SX OS). If there is a way to run these games under SX OS while not upgraded beyond 11.0, please list link so I can learn how to do that. Thanks very much!

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd rather not have to change it over to Atmosphere if it will still play the newest games. When I tried I just get a screen saying "an update is needed" so I assumed it required 11.0.1. I currently have 10.2 on it, and from what I read, 11.0 (supported by SX OS) was not enough, it needed 11.0.1 (not supported by SX OS). If there is a way to run these games under SX OS while not upgraded beyond 11.0, please list link so I can learn how to do that. Thanks very much!
You can try using NSC_Builder.

T3chni

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry to add to an old thread but felt the need to add just incase this helps anyone!
This sounds EXACTLY like the issue I was having!
I recently moved from SXOS to atmosphere and updated emunand via daybreak and my joycons were working only when attached, when detached id get flashy sync lights and sync button would try and sync but then just go out.

FIX: I un-paired the joycons via the settings menu and voilla!

robinKid05

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Simple fix, go to setting > controllers > disconnect. Do this while the joycons are attached. They will automatically pair and can be paired wirelessly again.

robinKid05

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Simple fix, go to setting > controllers > disconnect. Do this while the joycons are attached. They will automatically pair and can be paired wirelessly again.

General chit-chat
Help Users
    KenniesNewName @ KenniesNewName: Time zones aren't a real thing