Hardware Joy Con ZL tactile switch specs

PSxed

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Can anyone tell me the specs of the tactile switch on a ZL trigger in the left joy con? I bought a complete replacement part, but the tactile switch on the replacement is nowhere near the feel of the original. I have to press twice as hard to make it register and it's a really loud click. I've read several complaints about the same thing online. So i desoldered the one on my broken board but i can't seem to find a replacement tactile switch..
Screenshot from 2020-02-01 20-37-21.png

Last edited by PSxed,

Agilato

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried at least 3 different sellers with different quality of this part and only original will give you that nice lite clicky felling.
There is sellers on eBay who sells original parts for Joy-Cons it's more pricey but worth it.
I might be just unlucky on sellers and parts and you will find perfect replacement please in this case share it with us! So far i wasn't able to find even close feeling.

Last edited by Agilato,

PSxed

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Sucks that i have no idea where my calipers are. Had to use something else but my really rough measurements of the switch are 3.5mm x 2.5mm x 1.8mm (LxWxH). I've checked out so many tactile smd switches on mouser.com but i can't really find a thing.. :/

edit:
Seems like this could fit and has a low operating force. And it's an ALPS switch which is always good. But i'm not sure where i can order this in low quantity.. https://tech.alpsalpine.com/prod/e/html/tact/surfacemount/skth/skthace010.html

Last edited by PSxed,

Agilato

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by Agilato,

PSxed

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Reactions: Agilato

Agilato

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by Agilato,

PSxed

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Maybe it's my shitty googling skills but finding a momentary tactile smd switch around that size is a pain in the ass. Atleast if you try to find it outside of China.. If i can find a fitting switch with a light actuation force i'll just add those to both my ZL and ZR trigger pcb's.

Reactions: Agilato

Kaetor13

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Did this happen as a result of changing the casing on your joycons? Because this is exactly what happened to me, I unfortunately broke the ZL button removing my old casing and the 3 places I've bought a replacement from have been way too clicky.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    KennieDaMeanie @ KennieDaMeanie: Uremums pingas