jamesalfred

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Hi there,
While playing in handheld mode, I noticed that my Joy-Cons will randomly become unresponsive (cannot press any buttons), but not disconnected (there's no connect-disconnect animation in Switch). After 2-3 seconds, they became sane again. Playing in bluetooth mode is fine however.
Here's what I did to my Switch btw:
- OS 4.0.1 with SX OS 1.3
- Games played were backup games (Zelda and Bomberman R in this case)
- I have a permanent pin 9-10 connection in my right Joy-Con (to enter RCM mode)

At this point I don't know whether the problem was from SX OS, my right Joy-Con 9-10 pin connection, or a fault in the Joy-Con itself.

Any kind of help would be accepted. Anyone with the same problem? Thanks.

Dean_

Trophies
XP
Country
Mine had the same problem. Does twisting motion while handheld mode cause problem? If that's the case, you might fix it.
Open the joycon with triwing screw driver and try removing the gray sponge and insulating it using small cellophane tape or kapton tape to cover all the soldered pins.

Attachments

• smz7c69dt8okou8.jpg
    smz7c69dt8okou8.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 210

Mr. Wizard

Ending the spread of bullshit one thread at a time
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sounds like the signal is being interrupted. I get that from having a glass of water or even my knee in the way sometimes. Even just an empty bowl in a non invasive location is enough to scatter the waves and create interference. You need to find what action/object is causing it.

jamesalfred

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Mine had the same problem. Does twisting motion while handheld mode cause problem? If that's the case, you might fix it.
Open the joycon with triwing screw driver and try removing the gray sponge and insulating it using small cellophane tape or kapton tape to cover all the soldered pins.
Oh, so the problem might be from the solder contact points touching something? And yes, during twisting motions using the left stick. I'll give it a try

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Sounds like the signal is being interrupted. I get that from having a glass of water or even my knee in the way sometimes. Even just an empty bowl in a non invasive location is enough to scatter the waves and create interference. You need to find what action/object is causing it.
I don't think it's the signal, since the joycons are connected through contact points, not wirelessly...

EDIT: Nope, tried applying some electrical tapes over the solder connections, no dice. Still not responding at random times....

Last edited by jamesalfred,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte