Homebrew RELEASE Joy-Con Color Swapper - Change your Joy-Con colors with an homebrew app

Homlet

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Use my newest homebrew instead for a a more polished experience and more features
https://gbatemp.net/threads/aio-swi...w-and-cheats-directly-from-the-switch.574043/

GENERATE YOUR OWN PROFILES VIA MY WEBSITE : https://hamletdufromage.github.io/JCpicker.html

Joy-Con Color Swapper

77807590-97a11180-7088-11ea-9cc3-5c7baa0781bb.jpg

JC-color-swapper is a little text-based NRO that allows you to customize the software colors on your Joy-Cons. It comes bundled with a bunch of default themes but you can easily add your own.

Install
Copy the "JC-color-swapper" directory to "sdmc:/switch"

Add custom themes

You can add custom themes by editing "profiles.json". You can add new entries and modify existing ones, just make sure that you're using the exact same formatting.
Use https://hamletdufromage.github.io/JCpicker.html to easily generate json formatted profiles. Paste them at the end of your profiles.json.

Backup and restore profiles
(v1.2) Profiles can now be backed up to a hidden "_backup" profile entry by pressing [L] on the main menu and can later be restored with [R].

Troubleshooting
The joycons need to be physically connected to the switch. You might need to undock/dock them to see the changes.

Download
Github: https://github.com/HamletDuFromage/JC-color-swapper
Release: https://github.com/HamletDuFromage/JC-color-swapper/releases

77942427-e2569f80-72bb-11ea-863d-24f877a24706.jpg

77806503-3297ec80-7085-11ea-8bd5-41b6b93bf1f8.jpg

Also check out CompSciOrBust's spin on it, he released his a bit before mine: https://gbatemp.net/threads/joycon-toolbox.560955/

Last edited by Homlet,

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for bringing both of these to my attention, a homebrew is far easier than using the PC app.

Edit: PS, Eevee is spelled wrong.

Last edited by DocKlokMan,

SuinkaiVS

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi, i've been trying using this, but it doesn't work quite well. When i select a color (Animal Crossing New Horizons), the left joy con puts the color well, but the right isn't of the right color. Then when i try and revert the changes to Blue and Red Neon, the left one becomes orange and the right one yellow. Any way to a possible fix?

Homlet

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi, i've been trying using this, but it doesn't work quite well. When i select a color (Animal Crossing New Horizons), the left joy con puts the color well, but the right isn't of the right color. Then when i try and revert the changes to Blue and Red Neon, the left one becomes orange and the right one yellow. Any way to a possible fix?
Yup, I fucked up the config for the neons by copy pasting stuff, give me 5 minutes or so. Animal crossing is correct though, but you might to dock undock your Joy-Cons once or twice for it to take effect

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like the color codes are getting reversed as #e6b90a (reverse neon blue) and #f5f596 (reverse neon red) are a pale orange and pale yellow.

Homlet

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Actually it's weird, it looks like my string to hex conversion is unreliable... I'll find a fix asap, but if you must revert back now, you can use JC Toolkit by CTaer

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually it's weird, it looks like my string to hex conversion is unreliable... I'll find a fix asap, but if you must revert back now, you can use JC Toolkit by CTaer
The Switch expects the color values in little endian, not big endian.
Code:
int hexToRGB(std::string hex){
    int value = std::stoi(hex, 0, 16);
    return ((value & 0xFF) << 16) + (value & 0xFF00) + (value >> 16);
}

Last edited by DocKlokMan,

Homlet

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The Switch expects the color values in little endian, not big endian.
Code:
int hexToRGB(std::string hex){
    int value = std::stoi(hex, 0, 16);
    return ((value & 0xFF) << 16) + (value & 0xFF00) + (value >> 16);
}
I figured that out, it's fixed now. Thanks though!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Thanks for the quick reply, it isn't urgent now, i can wait for a fix.
Fix is live, check it out and sorry for the inconvenience

Last edited by Homlet,

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Fix works fine for me. Be sure to also update the config file since the strings changed and don’t work with the old strings.

Homlet

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Fix works fine for me. Be sure to also update the config file since the strings changed and don’t work with the old strings.
Yeah I did, removed the "0x"s. What a botched release for a first homebrew, but I'm glad it's all good now. And thanks for your interest :)

Last edited by Homlet,

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I did, removed the "0x"s. What a botched release for a first homebrew, but I'm glad it's all good now. And thanks for your interest :)
Ah, sorry, the config comment was for the other person you quoted. Anyway, good job! If you try a GUI update perhaps a live preview of the colors as you cycle through the options and an option to do just the left or right Joy-Con?

SuinkaiVS

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain

It works perfectly! just one more thing, at the Neon Blue (L) & Neon Red (R), you left a 0 at the R_BTN part that makes the button color different than it should be. Besides that, it's perfect, thanks!

Homlet

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It works perfectly! just one more thing, at the Neon Blue (L) & Neon Red (R), you left a 0 at the R_BTN part that makes the button color different than it should be. Besides that, it's perfect, thanks!
You're right, I had one zero too many... Thank you.
You can modify it yourself or grab the release again

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty much safe or there are risks of brick?
iirc this one had high chances to brick the joycon if you didn't backup the spi thing
That’s because that one would read the whole SPI, make the change, then write the whole new SPI back over Bluetooth.

This one uses an OS command specifically for updating the color and does so through the physical connection. Less data being written over a more stable connection using official drivers from the OS.

Homlet

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ah, sorry, the config comment was for the other person you quoted. Anyway, good job! If you try a GUI update perhaps a live preview of the colors as you cycle through the options and an option to do just the left or right Joy-Con?
It's not as elegant as a proper GUI, but I wrote a little webpage that lets you create properly formatted profiles https://hamletdufromage.github.io/JCpicker.html

Reactions: Madridi and f0li0

Homlet

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
v1.2 is out and supports profile backups/restores. On the main menu, press [L] to backup and [R] to restore.

Last edited by Homlet,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s