Jools Watsham Vlog (Youtube)

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by GeekyGuy, Jun 7, 2008.

Jun 7, 2008

Jools Watsham Vlog (Youtube) by GeekyGuy at 6:17 PM (1,073 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. GeekyGuy
    OP

Global Moderator GeekyGuy Professional loafer

United States
    Not sure if this has already been posted, but just wanted to make sure folks had a heads-up that the lead designer for Renegade Kid, Jools Watsham, has started a vlog on Youtube. His latest addition just came out yesterday, I believe, and he has a lot of interesting things to say about development in general.

For those not familiar, Renegade Kid developed Dementium: The Ward, and they're currently working on Moon (also for DS), as well as an untitled game for Wii.

Here is the link to Watsham's official site: http://joolswatsham.com/

2. Ferrariman

Member Ferrariman Hip-Flop and cRap

Canada
    Cool. He posted another video with gameplay of moon. It looks fantastic

3. MagNetCZ

Member MagNetCZ GBAtemp Fan

Czech Republic
    You got me excited just to find out it's the old video from the IGN Moon blog [​IMG]
    But yes, the footage is indeed lovely.

4. Ferrariman

Member Ferrariman Hip-Flop and cRap

Canada
    Moon better be as good as dementium but with less wandering and better saving. Plus I want vehicles, low gravity and aliens.

5. pilotwangs

Member pilotwangs GBAtemp Maniac

United Kingdom
    Ive been subscribed to him since his first video was uploaded.

I don't really care about his blogs that much,i just want MOON info.

6. Pyrofyr

Member Pyrofyr GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    You have to love designers who care enough to release information straight to the fans! I wasn't even looking forward to this game, but now I am.

7. GeekyGuy
    OP

Global Moderator GeekyGuy Professional loafer

United States
    Yeah, I think it's really cool that he has an interest to do so. I used to check in on David Jaffe's vlog, but he talks more about his day-to-day happenings than he does about development. Not that I don't find the dude interesting, but I got my own life. [​IMG]

Anyway, I figured the Watsham vlog might be of particular interest to folks frequenting this forum, since he's working on a very interesting DS game. I look forward to hearing more from him as we near completion of Moon.

8. Pyrofyr

Member Pyrofyr GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    After Moon, his next game will probably be on the DS as well supposedly.

I love development vlogs/blogs myself, so his stuff was very interesting. I've been on and off on whether I want to get into Game Design or if I want to get into Education/Money-Based-Career, and it's rare to see a developer who actually makes the job seem fun or even moreso possible to get into, because everywhere you ask it's damn near impossible, but he went in through art, and he did it without too much of a problem it seems, not only that but the games he's worked on are pretty decent, and heh.

In any case, whether just for Moon or for all around, it's a nice watch. Hoping he continues it. :3