Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
doublefacepalm580.jpg
QUOTE said:
Serial suit launcher Erik Estavillo is making a little name for himself in the game space, as his latest complaint seeks $1 million in damages from Activision Blizzard over the design of World of Warcraft. GamePolitics reports on the complaint, which claims that the publisher maintains a "harmful virtual environment to many of its customers by forcing them to follow the game's sneaky and deceitful practices." Estavillo alleges that the "calculated slow pace" of the game makes turning quests in take longer and thus generates more subscription revenue for Activision Blizzard.

If that wasn't enough, Estavillo also subpoenaed actress Winona Ryder and Depeche Mode's Martin Lee Gore to testify on his behalf regarding alienation. He explains that his health issues, which apparently include OCD, agoraphobia, depression (and more), mean that he "relies on video games heavily for the little ongoing happiness he can achieve in this life."

Estavillo had previously sued Sony after being banned from PSN and also has another suit against Microsoft and Nintendo, for his Xbox 360's Red Ring of Death and Nintendo's disabling of the Homebrew Channel in an update. Perhaps he'll have more luck suing over the design of a game in which millions happily pay to participate.
Source

Seriously dude...
YOUR SUING A COMPANY OVER THE DESIGN OF A GAME?!?
Thats fucking pathetic.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree, he is being a complete retard and dickhead for suing a good company like Blizzard over a game design choice. He should be suing Ubisoft for their Imagine games, a true game which causes mental illness.

(joking, yeah he's a dickface and a dumbass. A dickdumbassface)

Cablephish

Show me...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I bet this guy blogs about it every time he sues someone. Anyway, if it's gonna make him depressed, then he's definitely gonna sue. It's obstructing his "pursuit of happiness".

Ame16787

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I keep reading about this guy.... it's just plain sad!!! really sad!!!! anyway seems like he 's doing all this just for attention...... best thing is to ignore (even if i'm a bit curious on how manages to pay his lawsuits) DAMN IT I CAN'T STAND THESE F*****G RETARDS!!!!

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Y'know, kudos to the guy.

I hope you realize he's not serious about this. It's more for comedy, on both the end of the many loopholes in the legal system and video game companies. And if he actually gets cash that's even more hilarious.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to sue Activision for not making H.E.R.O. 2. It has caused great sadness that I could not have the opportunity to be disappointed that it wasn't as good as the original.

You know like how River Raid 2 was nothing compared to River Raid.

cry.gif

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

This also applies to this pathetic excuse of a man as well.

There needs to be laws limiting frivilous lawsuits like these, this is just outrageous.

60 Minutes you have a second segment to cover, get to work.

Anymore of these and you got the whole show covered.

worlok375

GBAtemp's prince
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
LOL! Honestly he's failing. He sued Sony for getting banned off PSN, he sued nintendo for disabling the HOMEBREW CHANNEL in the 4.2 update (looks like they've caught a pirate), he sued Microsoft for the red ring of death (they even said they were sorry...), and now he's suing Blizzard and Activision because the design which involves excessive grinding makes the game take longer and thus gets them more money EVEN THOUGH many max lvl characters still play because it's fun. Not only that but he says that his health problems make him rely on video games as his main source of happiness in life. What an idiot.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: c