Joker and DQ Hero amiibo get release dates for North America and Europe

sDCJKyB.png

Avid collectors can now breathe a sigh of relief, as Nintendo has revealed when the next two amiibo in the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate line will be releasing. The Persona 5 Joker amiibo and the Dragon Quest XI Hero amiibo, both announced during the Min Min presentation, will be available on October 2nd for North America. Europeans will be able to grab them a few days earlier, when they launch on September 25th in that region.

:arrow: Source

HarveyHouston

Christian Modder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...And you thought toys-to-life was gone forever. Not so! :D Though LEGO Dimensions is no more. R.I.P. :(

I'm not particularly interested in Persona or Dragon Quest, but despite my disdain for Nintendo services, it's pretty cool that they're keeping up with the amiibo line. If they have new ones I care about, I might buy them for my Wii U and 3DS. Not the cursed new console. :gun: :switch:

Last edited by HarveyHouston,

Lazyt

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
i just love sakurai's sense of humor.."Unfortunately there are no new amiibo figures to announce...INTRODUCING brand new amiibo figures!! ..of course he did excatly said that but is sounded like that

OkazakiTheOtaku

no thanks, I don't want a custom title
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I've gotta say, that Joker amiibo looks really cool. And I'm sure someone is excited for the Hero amiibo.
Yeah. I don't even really play Smash Bros but I love SMT and getting a quality looking Joker figure for that price (even regardless of the NFC capability) is good enough for me.

OkazakiTheOtaku

no thanks, I don't want a custom title
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
tbh persona 5 is getting hilariously overrated now (in case it wasn't overrated almost a year ago)
the joker amiibo is still necessary definately
I don't think it's overrated, per-se. I just think that it has elements that it does better (and worse) than other SMT games, but the people it resonates with, it really resonates with. I've played Megami Tensei, Shin Megami Tensei I/II, IV, IVa, Deep Strange Journey, Persona 4, and Persona 5 (and Royal), and while I don't think that it is the "best," I do love P5 so much. I think that the world building and some character interactions are better in SMT IV (not Apocalypse, lmao), but the refinements to the battle mechanics (especially in Royal with the upgraded Baton Pass and the extra demon traits) make it such a dream to fight in P5 specifically. Also I love the return to negotiations in P5 which brings it back home instead of the recruitment from other games likes P4.

I'm not in the camp of "Persona games are better than Mainline" or "Mainline is better than Persona." I just love both. Mainline (I'm including Strange Journey in mainline for brevity's sake, even though I'm aware it's not a numbered entry) games are dark, brooding stories that drag you in with memorable and decrepit worlds with a sense of despair. Persona games are about teenagers saving the world with the bonds they've created. They're different, I love both equally.

At the end of the day, Persona games have more mainstream appeal because of their more bubbly and relatable nature, which is why they've garnered more appeal to the masses. Do I think that Persona is objectively better? No. But, I still love it.

anhminh

Pirate since 2010
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
tbh persona 5 is getting hilariously overrated now (in case it wasn't overrated almost a year ago)
the joker amiibo is still necessary definately
It not as much overrated as the game before it. I swear everyone think that P4G is the second coming of Jesus or something.

D

Deleted User

And I thought theses collectibles would naturally disappear, how wrong I was.
Accumulation and mimicry are the pulsions that drive this kind of market but still, I dont get it.

Just curious, what's the sociology of people interested in this ?
Age, education, kind of jobs, gaming habits, in charge of families or not...

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Accumulation and mimicry are the pulsions that drive this kind of market but still, I dont get it.

Just curious, what's the sociology of people interested in this ?
Age, education, kind of jobs, gaming habits, in charge of families or not...

my guess is that you'll find the majority are adults who grew up with nintendo. I fall into that category, and I collect them. I game some (not a whole lot). and, I graduated college, so.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Of course you were wrong, anime and tabletop gaming figures existed for decades before (video) gaming figures came along, and there's a fair amount of overlap with those audiences. Amiibo are also very cheap by collectible standards, and utilize some of the most well-known/highest-grossing IPs, so you end up with everybody from children to seniors filling shelves with them. The only surprising thing about Amiibo is that Nintendo didn't think to create them sooner, say around the Gamecube era.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I bet most people at the time still watched it in black and white
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Many of them did before colour television was common.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Likely because black and white TV was in-expensive.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It certainly wasn't inexpensive it cost the same as a new car back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How much did a 1965 color TV cost?

For example, a 21-inch (diagonal) GE color television in 1965 had an advertised price of $499, which is equal to $4,724 in today's dollars, according to the federal government's inflation calculator.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, take into consideration how economy was back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah that's why they listed inflation rates
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sorry didnt read that part
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking
    +1
    My first color TV was like 1984 or something lol
    19 inches it was glorious lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, If it doesn't fit, you should've gotten one smaller lol
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If a racoon can fit up to 8-inches then so be it
    +1
    Lol it it fits I sit? Lol
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, Will it blend lol
    +1
    Blended families!!!
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Blended families!!!