• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Johnny Depp & Amber Heard

Kurt91

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what I've understood about everything, Depp was trying to keep things private, and Heard was actively dragging his name through the mud and making accusations about him on news sites. Depp only filed the lawsuit after he'd already lost multiple film contracts including Fantastic Beasts and Pirates, and was having trouble finding new work. The only reason the trial is being made as public as it is, at least on Depp's part, is to try and clear his name in the "Court of Public Opinion" since everybody immediately believed Heard and he couldn't deal with being the target of cancel culture anymore.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I don't think Depp is in the wrong here at all, I just don't like the media circus around this. The whole existence of a "Court of Public Opinion" (aka witch hunting manipulated clowns) is something that frustrates me, but sure the media makes a profit of that and the corresponding drama.

SG854

Hail Mary
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
My opinion is"I'm not part of the jury". My news feed thinks i would like 'the latest developments', but i disagree.
I thought so myself too. That I wouldn't care about this celebrity legal battle. Until I started to follow it.

This is an interesting look at how manipulative some people get. Especially what slimy stuff lawyers do to try to trick you into a trap response.

Amber Heards lawyer objects to his own question is the most hilarious thing.

Dr_Faustus

Resident Robot Hoarder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly while Depp is not at all innocent in any way, the fact that Heard got away with the world at the time thinking it was all on Depp when the reality was she was very much an instigator and getting away with it until the the truth about her came out.

The only reasonable outcome I want from this is that her career takes as large of a hit (if not larger than) as Depp's was when this whole thing started awhile ago. She deserves to be dragged down the same shit pit as she dragged Depp through with her actions and lies. I doubt Depp's career will bounce back all that well after this if at all, but I just want her to be dealt with the same she has put onto him if not worse.

SG854

Hail Mary
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
Honestly while Depp is not at all innocent in any way, the fact that Heard got away with the world at the time thinking it was all on Depp when the reality was she was very much an instigator and getting away with it until the the truth about her came out.

The only reasonable outcome I want from this is that her career takes as large of a hit (if not larger than) as Depp's was when this whole thing started awhile ago. She deserves to be dragged down the same shit pit as she dragged Depp through with her actions and lies. I doubt Depp's career will bounce back all that well after this if at all, but I just want her to be dealt with the same she has put onto him if not worse.
Yeah, Amber heard is a big liar. And she puts on this fake story and fake crying. She even tried to pose on camera with a tissue on her nose and it was so obvious.

This audio proves that Amber Heard lied yesterday. She was the aggressor when sliced the tip of Johnny Deeps finger off. And that she felt regret afterwards.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see that she's diagnosed with borderline personality disorder.. That'd get things more complicated, for both past & future events..

BitMasterPlus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eh, who cares? They're both terrible people that deserve everything that comes to them. I wouldn't even know about the trial but I keep hearing about it everywhere.

SG854

Hail Mary
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
Eh, who cares? They're both terrible people that deserve everything that comes to them. I wouldn't even know about the trial but I keep hearing about it everywhere.
They both did bad things but Amber Heard is way worse. This has become a clown show for Amber Heards legal team. They are so incompetent. But when you have to defend that they don't have much to work with.

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
I'd shag Amber, but as soon as I'd hit the vinegar stroke I'd chuck her out of my bed before she took a dump and tried to blame it on the dog. No doubt she'd try and beat me up on the way out of the house, then phone the police to say I'd hit her or something.

What a whack job, there's loads of mental bunny boiler types out there, but she's the first one I've heard about that crapped someone's bed.

Last edited by mrdude,

Stone_Wings

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Your comments are as intelligent as giving a movie review of a movie you've never seen. And "They're both terrible people that deserve everything that comes to them"? So you mean exactly like yourself then.

SG854

Hail Mary
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the

That is so sad Johnny pound his heart out to Amber telling her to not go through with this becauss it won't end well for her, even after she ruined his reputation, he was looking after her and trying to protect her reputation becausw he still cared about her, but she still was a psychopath and took it to court.

She was an aggressor and abuser. And was victim blaming and victim shaming. And trying to scare the victim (Johnny) by saying because she is a Women they'll trust what she says more. And after all this Johnny was still being nice and polite.

LoggerMan

Trophies
XP
Country
Heard has cost Depp more money in lost opportunities than all of GBATemp members will ever make combined, so we probably shouldn't care either way.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse