John Wick

Discussion in 'Books, Music, TV & Movies' started by Veho, Sep 17, 2014.

1. Veho
    OP

Veho The man who cried "Ni".

Former Staff
    Apr 4, 2006
    Croatia
    Zagreb
    Keanu is back, baby. Trailer oop:

Soon :ph34r:

Yumi likes this.
  2. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    Aw they got me, first I thought it was one of those "give an unlikeable person a dog" films.

Anyway I do like several of his action films, it shall probably make for an amusing Friday night film when it hits DVD.

3. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    Hopefully the better part of 4 months having passed excuses the double post.

People seem to be comparing it to The Equalizer, and I can see that, however I reckon it compares better to that Jason Statham film Safe from 2012. Safe if probably still my preferred film there but this one certainly joins the ranks of such films and will probably be a mainstay of my cheesy film collection for years to come. 2014 was a good year for cheesy action films I like (Raid 2, Snowpiercer, this, Edge of Tomorrow, The Purge: Anarchy and I imagine Fury will probably be joining it, I even did not mind the new Captain America and The November Man).

4. Yumi

Yumi With Love<3

Apr 19, 2010
    Mexico
    Ixtapalapa
    Yes!!! This was so good! I will own it<3

5. Hyro-Sama

Hyro-Sama I'm from the fucking future.

Oct 25, 2009
    After Earth

You found Snowpiercer to be cheesy?

6. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    Cheesy might have been the wrong word, however I certainly could enjoy Snowpiercer as a mindless action/soft scifi film if I wanted to.

7. AlanJohn

AlanJohn くたばれ

Jan 6, 2011
    Canada,New Jersey
    Expected a shitty low budget b movie with guns, got a well choreographed, original action thriller with some interesting visuals and a great soundtrack. Keanu still can't act but I doubt he was acting in this film. Good movie overall 7.5/10.

8. T-hug

T-hug Always like this.

pip Chief Editor
    Oct 24, 2002
    England
    Watched this the other night and thought it was good but not great. I'd probably go for a 7/10, fell for the hype.
    Snowpiercer was terrible though, Hilda played a great character but I didn't like the movie at all.

9. Terenigma

Terenigma Terenigma everywhere

Nov 10, 2008
    Earth
    Watched this and thought it was simply a good film, not great but not bad, just one of those films thats nice to watch for mindless action Superb looking action scenes. Plot was dumb, villians were ok, pacing was decent enough, action was excellent, music was also excellent, ending was meh. If i were to watch it again, id probably just watch the club scene 5 times in a row. That whole scene + music takes the movie from a 6 to a low 7/10