• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Joe Biden Wins - Becomes 46th president of the United States

• Thread starter yusuo
  • Start date
  • Views 435,556
  • Replies 7,444
  • Likes 45
Status
Not open for further replies.

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you think I have much understanding of Conservative US politics? I don't think that. I may be coming off conservative in relationship to this thread, but I'm pretty liberal and progressive in ways that don't match the context of what's being discussed. I'm only trying to be prudent and be considerate of all factors. People here seem to want to be polarized, but that's not progressive. I'm curious about what you see in my attitude that are out of alignment with Eastern philosophy, and how that Eastern philosophy somehow manifests in the newly installed Prime Minister congratulating Biden.
Whoa Im on ur side...."GO Trump" <-- see!
I was thinking that there are only 2 major scenarios

1. your a expat, who left the US for Japan because Japan has a better overall Economy, education and UNIVERSAL HEALTHCARE meaning you abandoned your mother country for one better (and people might say your opinion does not really mean anything)

2. your a army brat..like 15years old..

of course it can also be that your a fugitive running from the US

or just envious of Japanese culture and Universal healthcare and make believe you are from there! and in that case, you would be labeled a person that lies and most of that you say should not be taken seriously But that would be silly….

and again this is GBAtemp, not Immigration services lol

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
It is not. Biden won 270+ electoral votes, and no amount of wishful thinking is going to change that.

Wishing thinking wouldn't change anything. What could change that is still a free radical, and the book is not formally closed

It's disingenuous to say that "Trump is not my President" is anything at all comparable to "Trump is not the President of the United States."

First, I didn't say that nor am I trying to make that point. Second, what's the difference in the nuance? My point was that people still don't accept the results of the previous election. Instead of labelling them as being "in denial", they are an operating state of denial.

Trump is not my President, but I've never argued that he's not the President.

So that is how you have your cake and eat it too. Have we ascended?

You either agree with them or you don't. Which is it? To be consistent, I assume you would have been right there with them in 2016 when they were denying that Trump had won. Am I mistaken?

You are mistaken. I don't have to agree or disagree with something I don't relate to.

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@tabzer ..oh, sorry I have seem to hit a nerve, I did not mean to out your witness protection program.. I am sure that the Fed would need to give you a new Identify . I hear Morocco is beautiful this time of year

LumInvader

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So Biden is a little angel of God who came to save us all ...

At least Biden knows how to smell your hair.

Good news! Trump's spiritual advisor has the "angels coming to save us all" market cornered. Here she is summoning angels from Africa and South America for the sole purpose of getting Trump re-elected:

Paula White - A Sound of Victory Lyrics

and strike
and strike
and strike
and strike
and strike
and strike
and strike
and strike
and strike
and strike
until you have victory
for every enemy that is aligned against you
let there be that
we would strike the ground
for you will give us victory God
I hear a sound of abundance of rain
I hear a sound of victory
I hear a sound of shouting and singing
The Lord says it is done
The Lord says it is done
The Lord says it is done
For I hear victory, victory, victory, victory
in the quarters of heaven
in the quarters of heaven
Victory, victory, victory, victory, victory, victory, victory
for angels are being released right now
angels are being dispatched right now
ha'bada aka'ata rata deda baka sanda ada ambo osa katta rite 'eka banda 'ada rikititi ashata
for angels have even disfpih dispatched from
Africa right now
Africa right now
Africa right now
from Africa right now
they're coming here
they're coming here
in the name of Jesus
from South America
they're coming here
they're coming here
they're coming here
they're coming here
from Africa
from South America
angelic forces
angelic reinforcement
angelic reinforcement
angelic reinforcement
fika hatta anda ata orapata data ande eke eke matta rasata
for I hear the sound of victory
I hear the sound of victory

Last edited by LumInvader,

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Whoa Im on ur side...."GO Trump" <-- see!
I was thinking that there are only 2 major scenarios

1. your a expat, who left the US for Japan because Japan has a better overall Economy, education and UNIVERSAL HEALTHCARE meaning you abandoned your mother country for one better (and people might say your opinion does not really mean anything)

2. your a army brat..like 15years old..

of course it can also be that your a fugitive running from the US

or just envious of Japanese culture and Universal healthcare and make believe you are from there! and in that case, you would be labeled a person that lies and most of that you say should not be taken seriously But that would be silly….

and again this is GBAtemp, not Immigration services lol

You seem a bit closed-minded. I don't fit in any of the scenarios you've listed. You can keep trying though.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What could change that is still a free radical
I literally cannot think of anything that would stop Joe Biden from becoming the next President of the United States, not counting something unrelated to the election like Joe Biden's hypothetical death between now and January 20, and you can't think of anything either. Biden won the election.

Second, what's the difference in the nuance?
  • Trump is not my President = Trump does not represent me nor my ideals.
  • Trump is not the President = Trump is not the President.
My point was that people still don't accept the results of the previous election. Instead of labelling them as being "in denial", they are an operating state of denial.
Trump has been the President of the United States for approximately the last four years. Anyone who does not accept this is delusional, and these people largely don't exist.

So that is how you have your cake and eat it too. Have we ascended?
See my explanation above. I'm sorry if English is not your native language and if that's causing communication problems.

You are mistaken. I don't have to agree or disagree with something I don't relate to.
You agree or you don't agree. It's a jointly exhaustive dichotomy in the same way everything is X or not-X. You're also deflecting and refusing to answer my question.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
@tabzer ..oh, sorry I have seem to hit a nerve, I did not mean to out your witness protection program.. I am sure that the Fed would need to give you a new Identify . I hear Morocco is beautiful this time of year

Umm.. what you said isn't that important to me. You are overestimating yourself.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I literally cannot think of anything that would stop Joe Biden from becoming the next President of the United States, not counting something unrelated to the election like Joe Biden's hypothetical death between now and January 20, and you can't think of anything either.

I'm sure you could if you tried.

Trump is not my President = Trump does not represent me nor my ideals.

The two statements are not equal. The one on the left takes an extra step to deny Presidency.

You agree or you don't agree. It's a jointly exhaustive dichotomy in the same way everything is X or not-X. You're also deflecting and refusing to answer my question.

I'm giving you the answer that you don't like.

sorry sorry, I seem to keep blowing your witness protection program new identity.!

Yes, you said that twice now. The second time doesn't make it more creative. What are you trying to say? My point of view is invalid because you don't know me?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure you could if you tried.
Could you tell me how it's mathematically possible for Trump to win?

The two statements are not equal. The one on the left takes an extra step to deny Presidency.
I'm telling you what people mean when they say it. Nothing else matters.

I'm giving you the answer that you don't like.
I don't like that you aren't answering the question because you know it traps you in a contradictory position.

Rj.MoG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So Biden is a little angel of God who came to save us all ...

At least Biden knows how to smell your hair.

I have faith

In no one but myself. Because I don't try to justify one persons or my own shitty actions by comparison to someone else. I take each individual and their actions on their own and can make my own conscious decisions without falling into common logical traps. They're both bad people but for completely different reasons. Biden is a weird guy and has done weird things. I don't really give a crap because none of these people are morally upstanding people. He doesn't lie about his policies though and there's something to be said for someone who sticks to their word and is generally of good moral character. I voted for Biden but he is not my candidate of choice. He's a very conservative candidate that historically has supported the same destructive economic policies of most politicians.

Edit:Also religious or not fuck people like you who talk about "god" choosing our political candidates. Our lord is an absent lord who has presented us with free will to make decisions righteous or otherwise. Don't pervert his name by pretending he supports either corrupt political party. And nowhere in my previous post did I say anything about Biden being a man of god.

Last edited by Rj.MoG,

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
big-fat-phoney-family-guy-is-this-you.jpg

Reactions: Xzi

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Could you tell me how it's possible for Trump to win?

Be creative. There are many ways.

I'm telling you what people mean when they say it. Nothing else matters.

Then it's not disingenuous to say that people still deny the results of the 2016 election.

I don't like that you aren't answering the question because you know it traps you in a contradictory position.

I answered the question. You don't like the answer because it doesn't trap me into a contradictory position.

Last edited by tabzer,

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Be creative. There are many ways.
It is mathematically impossible for Trump to win the election. If you are going to disagree with me, put up or shut up.

Then it's not disingenuous to say that people still deny the results of the 2016 election.
Yes it is. I already told you what was meant by the statement, and it wasn't "Trump is not the President of the United States." Don't be disingenuous.

I answered the question. You don't like the answer because it doesn't trap me into a contradictory position.
The yes/no question was if you would have been among the people who claimed at this point in 2016 that Trump was not the winner because of recounts and faithless electors. You never answered that question, and considering your position, I don't blame you. To be consistent, you would have to say "yes" if you are, in 2020, refusing to acknowledge that Joe Biden is going to be the next President of the United States.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Could you tell me how it's mathematically possible for Trump to win?

I hope you aren't retro-actively editing all of your posts. It's not reasonable to expect me to re-read pages back just to make sure that you haven't shifted the conversation from under my feet.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I still think it's amazing that you seem to think there was no vote fraud.
Now why would I think that? Maybe it's because every credible elections expert, both Republican and Democrat, as well as a number of international elections organizations have verified that there was no significant fraud. It's the Trump administration's job to prove that there was fraud, the onus isn't on everyone else to prove a negative. So far they've presented zero evidence and have been laughed out of every courtroom they enter.

Last edited by Xzi,

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope you aren't retro-actively editing all of your posts. It's not reasonable to expect me to re-read pages back just to make sure that you haven't shifted the conversation from under my feet.
I don't think I edited my post, and it doesn't say I did. Regardless, tell me how it's possible for Trump to win, or how it's mathematically possible for Trump to win. Put up or shut up.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I don't think I edited my post, and it doesn't say I did. Regardless, tell me how it's possible for Trump to win, or how it's mathematically possible for Trump to win. Put up or shut up.

Okay. First, it bothers me that you would lie about something so petty. Obviously we both know you edited your post to include "mathematically" into the question. And the way that you say "it doesn't say I did", seems to be an attempt to hide behind a defense that nobody even asked for.

You are capable of scrutinizing, so I believe you are capable of thinking of ways for Trump to win the election. Of course, I imagine that in most of those scenarios, math would have to be used. You can shut up, if that's what you want out of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jUWpmU-X8k