Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frankfort42

Frankfort42 Banned
    Banned

United States
    The BLM riots were started because a drug addict overdosed and died while being restrained for resisting arrest and consisted of criminals who looted stores, burnt down buildings, took over parts of cities, murdered and raped people and wanted the police defunded. I'm not sorry that I find that anti-American.

*Snip*

Virginia’s 1776 Constitution declared that “all men are by nature free and independent, and have certain inherent rights . . . .” R. Perry & J. Cooper, Sources of Our Liberties 311 (1978) (hereinafter R. Perry). Pennsylvania’s 1776 Constitution stated that “all men are born equally free and independent, and have certain natural, inherent and inalienable rights . . . .” Id. at 329. Delaware and North Carolina’s 1776 Declaration of Rights proclaimed that “all men have a natural and unalienable right to worship Almighty God . . . .” Id. at 338, 356.

https://lonang.com/commentaries/conlaw/religious-liberty/declaration-of-independence-religion/

Last edited by Foxi4, Jan 18, 2021 - Reason: Without name-calling, please
  2. Plasmaster09

Plasmaster09 Social Justice Potato

United States
    *Snip*

Second off, here's the full section you're citing at the end there:
    "That all men have a natural and unalienable right to worship Almighty God according to the dictates of their own consciences and understandings; and that no man ought or of right can be compelled to attend any religious worship or maintain any ministry contrary to or against his own free will and consent, and that no authority can or ought to be vested in, or assumed by any power whatever that shall in any case interfere with, or in any manner control the right of conscience in the free exercise of religious worship."
    AKA: Leave God out of politics.

Last edited by Foxi4, Jan 18, 2021 - Reason: Don't denigrate his religion
  3. Frankfort42
    This message by Frankfort42 has been removed from public view by Foxi4, Jan 18, 2021, Reason: Moral policing.
    Jan 18, 2021
  4. smf

smf GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    I don't know, Trump had a media career and got to be president for a single term. That isn't nothing.

No, again. He was the president of the united states of america. Face facts for once in your life, you are not the united states of america..

Whether he is YOUR president means something entirely different to what you are arguing, it just means whether you want to associate with him. It's a preference. Doctor Who fans talk about "My Doctor", it's the same. They aren't denying the other actors that played the character.

You seem upset that people are expressing an opinion that you don't like and then pretending that what they are saying means something else and then arguing with your incorrect interpretation of it. I don't see what you have to gain from that.

Last edited by smf, Jan 18, 2021
    KingVamp, Xzi and ghjfdtg like this.
  5. Plasmaster09
    This message by Plasmaster09 has been removed from public view by Foxi4, Jan 18, 2021, Reason: Language, mister.
    Jan 18, 2021
  6. Cryoraptor

Cryoraptor GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Ok, I think just about all intellectual discussion is dead when Conservapedia is being cited. I am not even reading that mess.

KingVamp, Xzi, IncredulousP and 2 others like this.
  7. Foxi4

Foxi4 Cynical Absurdist
    Global Moderator

Poland
    Clean-up complete, many slaps were given. I'd like the thread to continue on-topic. Religious arguments are not political arguments - if you don't have a legal, secular argument then you don't have an argument at all. With that being said, let's not denigrate each other's religions either.

I'm going to put on my blindfold now. If I hear any gamer words, any "-tards", or any flaming/trolling whatsoever, I'm going to shoot first and ask questions later until one of three outcomes takes place - the users in this thread are corralled into a peaceful, polite discussion, the trouble makers reach suspension levels or we reach the 20th and I personally close this thread. This appears to be the only effective way to deal with you. Good luck.

8. smf

smf GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    BLM has been going since 2013 because people keep getting let off after killing black people. George Floyd being just one in a long line.

Floyd had complained about being unable to breathe prior to being on the ground, but after being restrained he became more distressed, and continued to complain about breathing difficulties, the knee in his neck, and expressed the fear he was about to die and called for his mother.[7] After several minutes passed Floyd stopped speaking.[7] For a further two minutes,[12] he lay motionless and officer Kueng found no pulse when urged to check.[13][14] Despite this Chauvin refused pleas to lift his knee until medics told him to.[15]:7:30

It doesn't seem to tie up with your simplistic understanding of what happened.

I think you're exaggerating what can be attributed to the BLM movement.

Xzi, IncredulousP, ghjfdtg and 2 others like this.
  9. monkeyman4412

monkeyman4412 Gbatemp's ™ master

United States
    *Snip*

Ah yes. No difference
    If there wasn't a difference then why does the government usually in circumstances of public events take certain members of congress of the campus to make sure that if some catastrophe where to happen that not all members are dead.
    Your own argument makes no god damn sense.
    1. state your source for that buddy. Can't just go calling a group, "mame and kill" without substantial evidence.
    I already proved it in mine with the links I provided. One was pipe bombs, the other was maga chanting kill mike pence.
    2. It doesn't matter if it wasn't used. The intent was still there, and again, it wasn't one person. Since I highly doubt the massive group didn't know, meaning many people were complicit with the idea and desire to bomb the capital.
    If I placed a bomb in your home. Even if it didn't go off. I would be charged for attempted murder.

Last edited by Foxi4, Jan 18, 2021 - Reason: Not the EOF
  10. smf

smf GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    I think there is a difference between prioritizing those to save when you can't save anyone and whether killing one person or another is different.

Some people do have their own order though it seems, with white children at the top and black men at the bottom.

But he is crazy for pushing the idea of BLM riots being full of armed black men running around murdering and raping women, but that is just a repeat of https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wilmington_insurrection_of_1898

11. djpannda

djpannda GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    GABO1423, ghjfdtg, KingVamp and 4 others like this.
  12. monkeyman4412

monkeyman4412 Gbatemp's ™ master

United States
    well he was arguing " There's no difference between killing normal citizens compared to kill government officials."
    There is. One group was democratically elected, and hold positions of power. The other (normal people) isn't.

Last edited by monkeyman4412, Jan 18, 2021
  13. Cryoraptor

Cryoraptor GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
  14. djpannda

djpannda GBAtemp Maniac

United States
  15. gamefan5

gamefan5 Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur

Canada
    ...Considering this huuuuge division between left and right in pretty much all over the internet, USA residents, I have a question.

Is it all this tense, in real life and in person?

monkeyman4412 and Xzi like this.
  16. Plasmaster09

Plasmaster09 Social Justice Potato

United States
    Sadly, yes.

monkeyman4412, gamefan5 and Xzi like this.
  17. White_Raven_X

White_Raven_X Hack everything, hack the world!

United States
    Restricted property and city streets are two different things. Stop being so ignorant

18. Xzi

Xzi GBAtemp's Resident Plok Expert

United States
    It can be, yeah. All the anti-masker and Karen videos out there attest to that. Trump gave people permission to be the worst version of themselves, and I never in my lifetime thought I'd see a president politicize a fucking virus. All the boomers who once told us, "don't believe everything you read on the internet," now believe everything they read on the internet. Even when it's not tense, shit's getting real weird down here. Please send help, even if it's in the form of maple syrup.

19. KingVamp

KingVamp Haaah-hahahaha!

United States
    Only for someone to open an inauguration thread?

Should I risk my sanity and browse this site?

20. Darth Meteos

Darth Meteos Entertainer

United States
    five paragraphs in response to a shitpost
    ladies and gentlemen, we got him
    context:

ghjfdtg and Xzi like this.
  21. White_Raven_X

White_Raven_X Hack everything, hack the world!

United States
    If only trolls would abstain from posting ridiculous things without facts...

22. Darth Meteos

Darth Meteos Entertainer

United States
    the thread may close, but the cope will never die

god bless you, dumpster fire thread
    may you live on in your son, Joe Biden is now officially the 46th President of the United States of America's name
    for although you will live for only a fraction of the time of that thread
    you will be remembered fondly

Last edited by Darth Meteos, Jan 20, 2021

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - president, Becomes, United

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.