• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Joe Biden Wins - Becomes 46th president of the United States

• Thread starter yusuo
  • Start date
  • Views 434,150
  • Replies 7,444
  • Likes 45
Status
Not open for further replies.

Doran754

Conform comrades
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I predict that the most recent couple of posts are going to be removed before long. You both might want to calm down.

Exactly. And yet, this doesn't stop people from saying it's arbitrary and that Trump is being personally targeted.

Explain to me in detail what about DBongino's tweet broke the civic integrity rule. The precise point, the words, everything about that tweet that specifically is beyond the scope of twitter's rules and deserved to be locked out. If you can't, then It's arbitrary and they're just silencing conservatives like they have done unabated for the last 4 years.

Last edited by Doran754,

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Explain to me in detail what about DBongino's tweet broke the civic integrity rule. The precise point, the words, everything about that tweet that specifically is beyond the scope of twitter's rules and deserved to be locked out. If you can't, then It's arbitrary and they're just silencing conservatives like they have done unabated for the last 4 years.
Nice fake victimhood :yay: It’s almost like you don’t agree with private property

omgcat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trump isn't a protected class, the cake lawsuit doesn't apply here.

His ban wasn't based on any discrimination, so it is legal.

What-is-a-protected-class1.png

Trump has no other legal grounds to be upset that his behavior breaching the sites TOS got him banned.

Last edited by omgcat,

Glyptofane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey thanks for explaining in detail what he did wrong like I asked, I stand corrected! Jk you totally changed the subject and made no valid point whatsoever, as usual.
The people trying to justify this are as bad as the tech companies themselves. Trump's original 12 hour ban came after telling his people to stand down and that message was actually deleted. The final solution, Twitter admits, is out of fear he might incite violence in the future, not for anything he posted between then and now.

Plasmaster09

Social Justice Potato
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gotta love how every so often someone jumps back in to do nothing but derail things and toss out conspiracy-tier strawmen
first it was... can't remember tbh, then later on it was shamzie, then it was that burner account guy and now it's shamzie again
this thread is a catastrophe and I love it
also "willy fencing" :rofl2:
I never thought I'd laugh so hard at carefully-chosen synonyms!

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The people trying to justify this are as bad as the tech companies themselves. Trump's original 12 hour ban came after telling his people to stand down and that message was actually deleted. The final solution, Twitter admits, is out of fear he might incite violence in the future, not for anything he posted between then and now.
here fixed it for you
"people trying to justify this are as bad as the Trump themselves. Trump's original 12 hour ban came after telling his people They were beautiful for staging sedition and failed coup and that message was actually deleted. The final solution, Twitter admits, is out of fear he might incite violence in the future for a 2nd time.

Last edited by djpannda,

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Hey thanks for explaining in detail what he did wrong like I asked, I stand corrected! Jk you totally changed the subject and made no valid point whatsoever, as usual.
It’s not my job to explain what that user did wrong nor do I care to do so. It’s twitter’s job to explain why they do what they do, considering it’s their company/platform. If you disagree with a choice they made then bring it up with them, not me.

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Would you say hating a dictator is a bad thing? Is hating tyranny bad? Is hating to live in lockdown bad? No, to all.

Yes, to all. Hate doesn't help you deal with any of them, it's an act of self harm. All you can do is control yourself, not Trump & not a virus.

The people who got caught up in the thrill of attacking the capitol because of an imagined threat are either dead or are being investigated for prosecution & their actions were ultimately pointless, they were just pawns in one of Trumps games.

The people who are kicking and screaming because they hate lockdown are putting themselves in risky situations by not wearing masks etc. I miss things, but I embraced lockdown.

I get to be happy and am more likely to live, what more can you hope for?

Last edited by smf,

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So "#hangpence" has been trending for the last 12 hours or so and twitter has made 0 effort to stop it.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Trump has no other legal grounds to be upset that his behavior breaching the sites TOS got him banned.

He could argue that he has a mental impairment that makes him say crazy things & he lacks capacity, which he would be able to get a whole load of professionals to certify.

So "#hangpence" has been trending for the last 12 hours or so and twitter has made 0 effort to stop it.

Have you reported it? It's the weekend, they might not be actively monitoring.

Last edited by smf,

Plasmaster09

Social Justice Potato
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He could argue that he has a mental impairment that makes him say crazy things, which he would be able to get a whole load of professionals to certify.
Thing is, in admitting a serious mental disability resulting in him incapable of maintaining decent conduct on social media, he'd be admitting he has a serious mental disability that could be used as further grounds that he is fundamentally unfit to be President.

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thing is, in admitting a serious mental disability resulting in him incapable of maintaining decent conduct on social media, he'd be admitting he has a serious mental disability that could be used as further grounds that he is fundamentally unfit to be President.

You're assuming that Trump wouldn't go to Twitter and argue one thing and go to congress and argue another.
Have you not been paying attention to him?

you very well know he's not...hes too "smart" for that

He'd argue anything if he thought it would give him a short term advantage, he can argue something else tomorrow. He has no integrity so there is no need to be consistent.

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He'd argue anything if he thought it would give him a short term advantage, he can argue something else tomorrow. He has no integrity so there is no need to be consistent.
That has a high level of failure...
if he has claim mental issue, They will lock him up instantly .. never to be heard of again.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like a MAGA hashtag to me, he's a traitor according to them since he refused to overturn the election (a power he never had to begin with).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its very simple. Below the page, you will find an option to see the list of staff members.