• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Joe Biden Wins - Becomes 46th president of the United States

• Thread starter yusuo
  • Start date
  • Views 433,801
  • Replies 7,444
  • Likes 45
Status
Not open for further replies.

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Biden's attempted fraud will be righted by the supreme court and President Trump will finish off his last 4 years just like his first. With strong leadership, dignity, pride and wise decision making that benefits America and the world.

Not sure if you're serious, trolling, and not the brightest bulb in the bunch, or being sarcastic

Also Joe great-grandfather Biden become the oldest president in USA. :gun::gun::gun::gun::gun::gun:

Um. You do realize right, that Biden is only 3 and a half years older than Trump? So much for trying to project that Trump is some young, fit, and mentally stable genius.

JaNDeRPeiCH

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
To the fellow Gbatempers Americans(USA):

I hope with your new president erase all the mistakes made Donald Trump and your Economic&Jobs gets restored again.

Now the next in your target its to quit the job from Ajit Pai,The American Association Riflee dismantle it forever and also the DCMA rules.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Congratulations Joe. Best of luck. You're going to need it! Still... For now : :toot::toot::toot:

Also a reluctant congratulations to Donald Trump. I never thought he'd actually make a full first term, but he did and somehow managed to get a decent chance at being re-elected.
(...which is actually an insult to the US, but ey... It's not my fault that more people voted for him now than in 2016)

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Congratulations Joe. Best of luck. You're going to need it! Still... For now : :toot::toot::toot:

Also a reluctant congratulations to Donald Trump. I never thought he'd actually make a full first term, but he did and somehow managed to get a decent chance at being re-elected.
(...which is actually an insult to the US, but ey... It's not my fault that more people voted for him now than in 2016)

While technically you are correct, I don't personally really see it as more people voted for Trump than in 2016. Just that more people voted. For both sides. Trump lost the popular vote in 2016 by just under 3 million votes. This time around he's (so far) lost the popular vote by over 4 million. Sooooooo. :)

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
While technically you are correct, I don't personally really see it as more people voted for Trump than in 2016. Just that more people voted. For both sides. Trump lost the popular vote in 2016 by just under 3 million votes. This time around he's (so far) lost the popular vote by over 4 million. Sooooooo. :)
I don't dispute any of that. More so : I'm sure that Trump's behavior directly caused a massive influx of previously unregistered voters (jeez... The guy openly wanted to fire the top disease expert hardly a week before the election. Even if all the lies trump's fanclub cooked up were true, Biden would still be the better choice)

Reactions: KingVamp

JaNDeRPeiCH

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

The half of the Americans vote for Trump,that half needs a reeducation.They need to know the difference beetwen truth and lies .Also they need to know support Trump its supporting the hate of your fellow Americans.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
CNN host Van Jones was so touched that he burst into tears live on air....

630x356.jpg

Well, the Americans loved Trump very much.....smiley_emoticons_fred_love_you.gif

Reactions: AmandaRose

BeastMode6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
4 years of being called libtard, cuck, or snowflake just for so much as saying you disagree with anything trump said is finally over.

I disliked trump, but I absolutely despised his base for pretty much completely destroying reasonable political disagreements and discourse.
The same can be said for the left calling people racist and ___phobic. Realistically, neither side wants a debate, which is why I still want Yang. Him and a handful of others are the only principled ones left on the political scene here in america, all everyone else is concerned about is winning and sticking it to the other side, which I can't stand. Yang can talk to people like Ben Shapiro and then go on CNN the next week. He is the great uniter that this country desperately needs right now, and I don't see that in Biden or Harris (or Trump).

I mean at least Trump will be gone? I'm not convinced that what we replaced him with is that much better, TBH. I just don't see Biden making the big changes that a Sanders or Yang would. Also, I highly doubt that Trump is going to disappear from from the public eye, he will still be here making all these dumb statements, and he will still retain a following.

Hopefully I'm wrong though. Congratulations and best of luck to Biden and Harris. At least Ajit Pai will be gone soon, that's a win.

Last edited by BeastMode6,

UltraDolphinRevolution

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Also bye-bye Taiwan...

Taiwan is part of China. Both Beijing and Taipei agree. They just disagree what it means.

Americans are stupid enough to risk WW3 for sth that does not concern them. Imagine Alaska declared independence after a crisis in the US. Would China "defend" Alaska to the point of war with a nuclear power? The arrogance of the West is unmatched. It is the continuation of colonialism and fascism.
Biden is no different than Trump. At least Trump didn´t call the Chinese president a "thug" in front of hundreds of millions of people.

Last edited by UltraDolphinRevolution,
Reactions: cracker

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
every ones talking about all the issues in the US but item 2 in my list is the FCC and Ajit, he needs to be replaced and net neutrality restored to bring real change to have standardize internet speeds through the US. its a a crime that NYC has 1gig service cheap and most of Iowa has 6mbs DSL for 100$ ( just an example)

Reactions: IncredulousP
D

Deleted User

I'll give Biden six months before hes already forgotten that he was elected the new President of the United States of America.

6 months? He probably already forgot.

EBMFOyW.png

P.s. don't look at my username and think I'm Joe Biden I am not, thank you.

Reactions: digipimp75

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Crosspost from the other thread:

FT:
https://www.ft.com/content/7eef4ec9-0dc5-4880-bb89-1fc83a72ad84

Biden risks being a lame duck president The real lesson from Tuesday’s hotly contested vote is that the US is almost ungovernable EDWARD LUCE

Joe Biden would be lucky to push through even the incremental parts of his agenda

Damaged liberal hearts may briefly be lifted by the fact that Joe Biden received more votes than anyone in US presidential history — until they find out Donald Trump came in a historic second. He even exceeded Barack Obama’s peak 2008 tally. The real lesson from Tuesday’s record turnout and the continuing vote counts is that America is bitterly, energetically and almost evenly divided. A President Biden would at best have an equivocal mandate. The question is what he could do with it. The answer is much less than even he — the most moderate of Democratic contenders — would have hoped. Barring a serious upset, Republicans will retain control of the US Senate. Mr Biden would be lucky to push through even the incremental parts of his agenda, such as a public option for US healthcare insurance, big investments in green technology and free tuition for middle-class college students. Tuesday night left the epoch-changing hopes of American progressives in tatters, and of course the votes are still being counted in key swing states. There is no chance Mr Biden would be able to abolish the Senate filibuster, add new states to the US, such as Puerto Rico and the District of Columbia, or expand the size of the Supreme Court. Should a vacancy come due in the 6-3 conservative-majority court, Mitch McConnell, the Republican Senate leader, can simply block Mr Biden’s nominee. The best for which Mr Biden can hope is a modest stimulus package. In the meantime he would have to contend with the current White House occupant. If Mr Biden confronts the spectre of being a lame duck, Mr Trump threatens to invent a different version of the species — a wounded duck prone to lashing out. The chances that Mr Trump would concede defeat are slim. He could tie up narrowly lost states in recounts and litigation for weeks. And he would be unlikely to extend the hand of co-operation during the 11 weeks of transition. Mr Biden would have to prepare for office sight unseen. This could have material consequences. It is doubtful, for example, that Mr Trump would want to share records of his “operation warp speed” on the coronavirus vaccine. The best for which Mr Biden could hope is that Mr Trump goes quietly having shredded forests of White House documents. US election 2020: Joe Biden urges supporters to 'keep the faith' A Biden presidency risks being caught between two irreconcilable forces — a stubbornly entrenched Trumpian right and an embittered Democratic left. The sobering counterpoint to Mr Trump’s likely narrow defeat is that almost none of his co-conspirators met the same fate. Lindsey Graham, the senator from South Carolina, was comfortably re-elected, as was Mr McConnell. Democrats may well have lost seats in the House of Representatives. The Republican newcomers are more Trumpian than Mr Trump. One of its intake is Marjorie Taylor Greene, who is an avowed supporter of QAnon, the far-right conspiracy group. Any chance this election would break the Republican fever, as Mr Obama once put it, has been dashed. Recommended Rachman Review podcast17 min listen An American chasm So what could a President Biden do? The short answer is that he would strive to find an American middle that no longer seems to exist. Deals struck with Mr McConnell would alienate the Democratic left. Yet in the absence of an attempt at bipartisan co-operation, little can be accomplished. That gives Mr McConnell the upper hand. Some things, such as a federal coronavirus plan, can be done by executive order. Others, such as big appointments, will have to meet with Senate approval. It would be wise for a President Biden to appoint at least one or two Republicans to his cabinet. The left would hate that. Recommended The FT ViewThe editorial board A historic US vote provides few certainties Only in foreign policy will the next president have freedom of manoeuvre. Therein lies a paradox. US democracy has taken a reputational battering on the world stage. The 2020 election is unlikely to reverse that. Foreigners know that US politics is trench warfare in which each side grinds out tiny gains at great expense. Big realignments are a thing of the past. Yet the world would feel America’s change more than most Americans. Mr Biden has pledged to undo half of what Mr Trump has wrought. He would rejoin the Paris accord on climate change, the World Health Organization and possibly the Iran nuclear deal. But his chances of raising the US minimum wage would be close to zero. Higher taxes on America’s wealthy are off the menu. The ghost of Mr Trump would stalk a Biden America.

New York Magazine:
https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020/11/bidens-lame-duck-presidency.html

NYT:
https://web.archive.org/web/2020110...2020/11/07/opinion/biden-moderate-agenda.html

The Economist:
https://www.economist.com/leaders/2020/11/05/what-the-2020-results-say-about-americas-future
(slightly different spin)

US is stuck, democrats have no read on voters, people on gbatemp are still caught in obsessing over unimportant theatrics. Educating american people about real world politics? Impossible. Symbols or nothing. And who slept with whom. Otherwise you wont even make news.

What inciting extremism and violence? Hey, those are good people too. Telling your voters that they have the better genes? Just another Tuesday. Surviving four change votes in a row without the tiniest piece of change in outlook or direction? Thats politics you can trust in. Reducing popular candidates to mere sockpuppets - main objective of the DNC... Shall I continue?

Oh, but one more. Activating more young voters than ever before, just to have them outbooted, by boomers voting Biden for president, but their republican senator to benefit their stock portfolio.

This was an election about Covid? No - not at all, Covid was addressed on the federal level, and Democrats lost both the senate (to be seen, but likely) and picks in the house.

Reality management. Nothing means what the common narrative tells you it does. Nothing is real. Its all about perceived personal advantages/short term interests and putting on a fake civil smile (in the form of a president that likely will not matter at all) at the same time.

Oh, and last time it was russia, and the protest vote of the weighning white male voter? This time its Democrats having forgotten, that latinos and black people exist. To be addressed in their needs. The protest vote? No protest at all. Just normal america, made to look 'temporarily confused' by storytelling for four years. Four years later it turned out to be the norm.

Last edited by notimp,
Reactions: Taleweaver

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
4 years of being called libtard, cuck, or snowflake just for so much as saying you disagree with anything trump said is finally over.

I disliked trump, but I absolutely despised his base for pretty much completely destroying reasonable political disagreements and discourse.
Trump is a libtard, a cuck, and snowflake though

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Politics of "the first":

The finance resort is speculated to go to Raphael Bostic, currently head of the Federal Reseve Bank of Atlanta, who would be the first black, and the first homosexual in that office.

Or to Lael Brainard, currently on the board of the US Fed, who would be the first women in that office.

Both are unironically statements that the left wing newspaper in my parts of the world brings today in print. Because thats the US democratic legacy. Gaining your 'prestige' on that level.

Identity politics ftw.

Last edited by notimp,

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Now we wait for the inauguration on January 20th
Also a funny scenario, if Trump doesnt concede by then, and still challenges the vote legally, you cant get him out of the white house.

The US then will have two presidents. Thats also a first... ;)

edit: Actually congress certifies the results of the electoral college two weeks before inauguration day, if thats delayed, then US doesnt know what to do. If the inauguration takes place, Biden presumably becomes the president, and can remove Trump from the White House by force.

Last edited by notimp,
Reactions: luigirockz
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FzVN9kIUNxw +1