• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Joe Biden Wins - Becomes 46th president of the United States

• Thread starter yusuo
  • Start date
  • Views 435,272
  • Replies 7,444
  • Likes 45
Status
Not open for further replies.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Worth stressing again, Trump lost. There’s no mass voter fraud nor any other nonsense claim, Trump lost the election.

All we actually know is that there is no evidence of mass voter fraud.

But claiming there must be fraud because you don't like the result is nonsense.

I'm hoping that Rudi Giuliani's call for "trial by combat" is enough for him to lose his license to practice law.

Last edited by smf,

seany1990

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i1vir7o5hs961.jpg
pKoTRuZ.jpg

Plasmaster09

Social Justice Potato
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that moment when they've bullied us for years over the 2016 election and we basically just... tried to find evidence of corruption while moving tf on with our lives
and then they lose to biden and absolutely flip the fuck out with some of them committing straight up domestic terrorism
and then you remember they said shit like this
oh how the turntables

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope everyone understands what happened yesterday. Trump supporters mounted an armed insurrection against the Capitol in an attempt to overthrow, by force, the results of a fair, secure, and democratic election. Donald Trump himself instigated this insurrection.
  • He instigated it when, starting before November, he baselessly and repeatedly told his supports the election was being stolen.
  • He instigated it when he refused to concede the election after Joe Biden won.
  • He instigated it when he told his supporters to swarm the Capitol.
  • He instigated it when he told that same crowd, "You will never take back our country with weakness."
  • He instigated it when he defended violent supporters like Kyle Rittenhouse.
  • He instigated it when, instead of condemning his supporters who planned to kidnap Gretchen Whitmer, he condemned Gretchen Whitmer.
  • He instigated it when he told a violent neo-fascist group, the Proud Boys, to "stand back" and "stand by."
  • He instigated it when promoted violence numerous times throughout his presidency, such as when he said he "wanted to shoot migrants in the legs and keep them away from the southern border with a trench filled with water, alligators, and snakes" and "reportedly asked for a cost estimate for an electrified wall with spikes that could “pierce human flesh."
  • He instigated it when, before and throughout his presidency, he encouraged violence against protestors and reporters at his rallies.
  • He instigated it when he said "Second Amendment people" were the only ones who could do anything about it if Hillary Clinton were to win the election in 2016.
There is no defense for what happened yesterday, and there is no defense for instigating what happened yesterday. Even as the violence was unfolding, Trump called the rioters "great patriots" and told them to "remember this day forever." In response to the violence, Trump said "these are the things and events that happen" when the election doesn't go his way.

If at this point, you still want to defend Trump, shame on you. There is no defense for what he did, and you are part of the problem. You apparently think your orange god can do no wrong, even when he literally tries to destroy the democratic institutions that are the backbone of the United States. You are anti-peace. You are anti-reason. You are anti-democracy. You are anti-American.

If you plan to post a futile defense of Trump, don't expect a response from me. There's nothing anybody, not even Trump, can say or do to change your mind.

Last edited by Lacius,

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
i followed Trump supporters' invasion into The capitol then Chamber evacuated though live coverage, it was instructive and amusing as F, here's the funny thing I discovered: how western world praised Hongkonger rioters and looters who invaded HK parliament were called ridiculously by westerner standards, The democratic or freedom fighters, then later same thing happened in USA, the same rioters and looters are being called terrorists.

Nice American double standard and it's obvious the "democracy" is being used as weapon to attack any USA's enemies but failed to realize yet that their own democracy is a failure.

This is the hypocrisy at purest form, proved by Americans themselves.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
America is divided, but some people think that they are on the peaceful side when both sides do very dirty things. I find the haughty, dishonest nature of people to be "anti-peace" "anti-reason" and "anti-democracy". It's promoted throughout politics at large. It just gets worse and worse. Trump isn't the disease. America is the disease. He is just another symptom. Looks like America will return to normal as it declares 4 new wars across the globe in order to "spread democracy".

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Plasmaster09

Social Justice Potato
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i followed Trump supporters' invasion into The capitol then Chamber evacuated though live coverage, it was instructive and amusing as F, here's the funny thing I discovered: how western world praised Hongkonger rioters and looters who invaded HK parliament were called ridiculously by westerner standards, The democratic or freedom fighters, then later same thing happened in USA, the same rioters and looters are being called terrorists.

Nice American double standard and it's obvious the "democracy" is being used as weapon to attack any USA's enemies but failed to realize yet that their own democracy is a failure.

This is the hypocrisy at purest form, proved by Americans themselves.
To be fair, the situations are different.
China is, as is plainly clear by now, an Orwellian mess lined with censorship and repression.
America is struggling to not become that, despite Trump's wishes.
The Hong Kong protests were fighting against an oppressive government.
Yesterday's riots were, ironically enough, to oppress the government itself and intimidate it into doing what they want.

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
To be fair, the situations are different.
China is, as is plainly clear by now, an Orwellian mess lined with censorship and repression.
America is struggling to not become that, despite Trump's wishes.
The Hong Kong protests were fighting against an oppressive government.
Yesterday's riots were, ironically enough, to oppress the government itself and intimidate it into doing what they want.
THE DEMOCRACY or Centralized Govt. is just a form on how one nation choose to administrate the country, when you have no other choices between Democracy and Stability, especially from the foreighers' interference, the one nation chose the later.

I own a trading business and thus i have good relationship with many chineses, and through my personal experience China is NOT oppressive as everyone think, thus you have to live there to tell the truth, there are plenty of Americans who live in China i believe they can confirm this too.

Considering the whole instability China is going though (such autonomous region as Inner Mongolia, Tibet, Sikkim and Taiwan) most likely will follow Hongkong to declare independence after Hongkongers' referendum. Sounds familiar right? In order to replicate the fall of most influential communist country in the world after USSR in 1991, and Democracy was their ultimate trump card, but unfortunately the entire HK separatist's operation got cracked down before their success, i can tell ya, the HK democracy was entirely, nothing but a BIG hoax. This is the alternative version I saw from a different view, and it's more convincing and exact opposite from the one showed on any westerners' media.

At this point, the only thing sure is no one ever cared about true Democracy, only a TOOL used by people in power to strike their adversaries. Seeing those Trump MAGA Rioter and looter marching into Capitol is the confirmation about it.

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
America is divided, but some people think that they are on the peaceful side when both sides do very dirty things. I find the haughty, dishonest nature of people to be "anti-peace" "anti-reason" and "anti-democracy". It's promoted throughout politics at large. It just gets worse and worse. Trump isn't the disease. America is the disease. He is just another symptom. Looks like America will return to normal as it declares 4 new wars across the globe in order to "spread democracy".
Jup, last number I heard was that 45% of republicans (voters) condone the storming of the capitol.

But nevermind, who is also condoning it, will bring you closer togeter again.. ;)

China:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...common-sense-resolve-political-crisis-US.html

Russia:
also is suspiciously quiet right about now.. ;) (I'm sure I could dig out some comment somewhere, but eh... ;) ) (edit: Oh - the dailymail above did it already.. :) )

Last edited by notimp,

Plasmaster09

Social Justice Potato
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
THE DEMOCRACY or Centralized Govt. is just a form on how one nation choose to administrate the country, when you have no other choices between Democracy and Stability, especially from the foreighers' interference, the one nation chose the later.

I own a trading business and thus i have good relationship with many chineses, and through my personal experience China is NOT oppressive as everyone think, thus you have to live there to tell the truth, there are plenty of Americans who live in China i believe they can confirm this too.

Considering the whole instability China is going though (such autonomous region as Inner Mongolia, Tibet, Sikkim and Taiwan) most likely will follow Hongkong to declare independence after Hongkongers' referendum. Sounds familiar right? In order to replicate the fall of most influential communist country in the world after USSR in 1991, and Democracy was their ultimate trump card, but unfortunately the entire HK separatist's operation got cracked down before their success, i can tell ya, the HK democracy was entirely, nothing but a BIG hoax. This is the alternative version I saw from a different view, and it's more convincing and exact opposite from the one showed on any westerners' media.

At this point, the only thing sure is no one ever cared about true Democracy, only a TOOL used by people in power to strike their adversaries. Seeing those Trump MAGA Rioter and looter marching into Capitol is the confirmation about it.
China's set up numerous measures, including the Great Firewall, to basically make it illegal if not impossible for people to spread ideologies the government doesn't like.
They ban basically anything that might in any way be linked to said ideologies, let alone anything remotely criticizing the government.
Yeah, it's a textbook Orwellian dystopia.

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
a lot of these "patriots" are being doxed and forwarded to the FBI.. just waiting for the armed stand off where they die for their "rights"

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

so the Cops and Feds are combing thru DC and neighboring areas hotels to arrest these "patriots".

Last edited by djpannda,

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
China's set up numerous measures, including the Great Firewall, to basically make it illegal if not impossible for people to spread ideologies the government doesn't like.
They ban basically anything that might in any way be linked to said ideologies, let alone anything remotely criticizing the government.
Yeah, it's a textbook Orwellian dystopia.

when you have no other choices between Democracy and Stability, especially from the foreighers' interference, the one nation chose the later.

Have you read this and get what does it mean? there are on 2 different dimesion i can say, but quote from PELOSI "A beautiful sight to behold" can be apply on US too, except US is too proud to admit their failure.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What happened yesterday (and over the past 4-5 years) was not a "both sides" issue. That's fucking asinine.

D

Deleted User

This is true, for the past 4 years your side has done it. After November 3rd they stopped.
oh fucking pleasse.
You know that statement is a load of bull. It's not a both sides issue.
For fuck sakes, essentially that was coup attempt. Those rioters outright said they were trying to get trump to be president again.
Only the republican side did that. only 12 senators essentially calling for sedition, all 12 of them being GOP.

but some people think that they are on the peaceful side when both sides do very dirty things.
false equivalency. Right wing ideologies are far more compatible with racism and fascism. What we just saw was clear fascism.
The difference between a coup and a revolution (since some of those followers called it as such)
is that a coup only seeks to change the state head. A revolution is a reform.

Doran754

Conform comrades
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
oh fucking pleasse.
You know that statement is a load of bull. It's not a both sides issue.
For fuck sakes, essentially that was coup attempt. Those rioters outright said they were trying to get trump to be president again.
Only the republican side did that. only 12 senators essentially calling for sedition, all 12 of them being GOP.

false equivalency. Right wing ideologies are far more compatible with racism and fascism. What we just saw was clear fascism.
The difference between a coup and a revolution (since some of those followers called it as such)
is that a coup only seeks to change the state head. A revolution is a reform.

You're right, nobody has riotted or looted at all in the past 4 years. It's been a time of prosperity and peace. My bad.

Reactions: tabzer

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're right, nobody has riotted or looted at all in the past 4 years. It's been a time of prosperity and peace. My bad.
yea that never happened... like a group of white racist did not march in Charlotte with torches, . or white "Patriots" BUMBLEFUCKs taking videos and picture of themselves while they are committing sedition and becoming Domestic Terrorist.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

I don't remember the hong kong protesters carrying guns and bombs.

If unarmed protesters entered the capitol because they could be locked up for the things you could get locked up for in hong kong then sure.

I'd even accept unarmed protesters entering the capitol because they were butt hurt over Trump losing.

Armed protesters are terrorists.

Last edited by smf,
Reactions: ghjfdtg
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    Im gonna see if I can find a ps4 to buy
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    now that firm ware 11 supposedly is exploitable
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you see the fallout series
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea is pretty good
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    an elder scrolls movie or show would be cool, but which elder scrolls game would it be based on?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh who am i kidding it'd be skyrim
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but,since they're only a few years apart, a morrowind + oblivion series would also be cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: