Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xzi

Xzi GBAtemp's Resident Plok Expert

United States
    Reluctantly I agree, though there are a number of names I'd prefer over either of them.

gamefan5 and D34DL1N3R like this.
  2. KingVamp

KingVamp Haaah-hahahaha!

United States
    Was it because she cares about what happened at the capital or is it actually because she lost?

3. UltraSUPRA
    This message by UltraSUPRA has been removed from public view by Foxi4, Jan 7, 2021, Reason: Trolling.
    Jan 7, 2021
  4. Plasmaster09
    This message by Plasmaster09 has been removed from public view by Foxi4, Jan 7, 2021, Reason: Response to a deleted post.
    Jan 7, 2021
  5. Big Man Tyrone2
    This message by Big Man Tyrone2 has been removed from public view by Foxi4, Jan 7, 2021, Reason: Reply to a deleted post.
    Jan 7, 2021
  6. djpannda
    This message by djpannda has been removed from public view by Foxi4, Jan 7, 2021, Reason: Response to a deleted post.
    Jan 7, 2021
  7. Xzi
    This message by Xzi has been removed from public view by Foxi4, Jan 7, 2021, Reason: Reply to a deleted post.
    Jan 7, 2021
  8. Plasmaster09

Plasmaster09 Social Justice Potato

United States
    this entire situation summed up quick:
    roses are red
    violets are blue
    these fascist fucks
    are staging a coup

ghjfdtg, gamefan5, GhostLatte and 2 others like this.
  9. Lacius
    This message by Lacius has been removed from public view by Foxi4, Jan 7, 2021, Reason: Response to a deleted post.
    Jan 7, 2021
  10. djpannda
    This message by djpannda has been removed from public view by Foxi4, Jan 7, 2021, Reason: Response to a deleted post.
    Jan 7, 2021
  11. Big Man Tyrone2
    This message by Big Man Tyrone2 has been removed from public view by Foxi4, Jan 7, 2021, Reason: Response to a deleted post.
    Jan 7, 2021
  12. UltraSUPRA
    This message by UltraSUPRA has been removed from public view by Foxi4, Jan 7, 2021, Reason: Response to a deleted post.
    Jan 7, 2021
  13. Plasmaster09
    This message by Plasmaster09 has been removed from public view by Foxi4, Jan 7, 2021, Reason: Response to a deleted post.
    Jan 7, 2021
  14. djpannda
    Jan 7, 2021
  15. Xzi
    This message by Xzi has been removed from public view by Chary, Jan 8, 2021, Reason: meme only post.
    Jan 7, 2021
  16. UltraSUPRA
    This message by UltraSUPRA has been removed from public view by Foxi4, Jan 7, 2021, Reason: Off-topic.
    Jan 7, 2021
  17. Plasmaster09
    This message by Plasmaster09 has been removed from public view by Foxi4, Jan 7, 2021, Reason: Off-topic.
    Jan 7, 2021
  18. UltraSUPRA
    This message by UltraSUPRA has been removed from public view by Foxi4, Jan 7, 2021, Reason: Off-topic.
    Jan 7, 2021
  19. Big Man Tyrone2
    This message by Big Man Tyrone2 has been removed from public view by Foxi4, Jan 7, 2021, Reason: Off-topic.
    Jan 7, 2021
  20. SonowRaevius
    This message by SonowRaevius has been removed from public view by Foxi4, Jan 7, 2021, Reason: Off-topic.
    Jan 7, 2021
  21. Foxi4

Foxi4 Cynical Absurdist
    Global Moderator

Poland
    He also has no grounds to do so, nor is there a point. The speediest way would be to invoke Section 4, get a simple majority of cabinet secretaries to approve and declare Pence as acting president until Congress considers the issue and the inevitable objection. The 2/3rds in both houses restriction doesn't apply, especially not in this scenario given how close we are to the end of the term - there's simply not enough time for the entirety of the process to play out. That doesn't remove Trump from office - he keeps the title, Pence would only temporarily take over the duties. Since Trump's term ends in 2 weeks regardless, it would be a giant waste of everyone's time. There will be a lot of pearl clutching for the next couple of days, and a lot of posturing, but ultimately it's hard for me to imagine Trump getting charged with anything - he did call for people to protest the vote count, he never told anyone to storm the building, that was done by a small number of crazies that were fairly quickly dealt with and dispersed. I don't think either Pence or Congress will waste time on a meaningless gesture. Keep in mind, Section 4 was designed for cases where the president is unable to fulfil his duties, for instance due to Ill health, and has never been invoked, so that in and out of itself would be unprecedented.

https://www.vox.com/2021/1/6/22217641/25th-amendment-section-4-pence-trump-cabinet

gamefan5 likes this.
  22. djpannda
    This message by djpannda has been removed from public view by Foxi4, Jan 7, 2021, Reason: Off-topic.
    Jan 7, 2021
  23. UltraSUPRA
    Jan 7, 2021
  24. djpannda
    This message by djpannda has been removed from public view by Foxi4, Jan 7, 2021, Reason: Off-topic.
    Jan 7, 2021
  25. Lacius
    This message by Lacius has been removed from public view by Foxi4, Jan 7, 2021, Reason: Off-topic.
    Jan 7, 2021
  26. UltraSUPRA
    Jan 7, 2021
  27. Foxi4

Foxi4 Cynical Absurdist
    Global Moderator

Poland
    I just had a look at the last couple of pages and I don't even know where to start... Guys... You gotta stop taking the bait. Back to scrubbing, I guess...

gamefan5 likes this.
  28. Lacius
    This message by Lacius has been removed from public view by Foxi4, Jan 7, 2021, Reason: Off-topic.
    Jan 7, 2021
  29. omgcat
    This message by omgcat has been removed from public view by Foxi4, Jan 7, 2021, Reason: Off-topic.
    Jan 7, 2021
  30. Lacius
    Jan 7, 2021
  31. SonowRaevius
    This message by SonowRaevius has been removed from public view by Foxi4, Jan 7, 2021, Reason: Off-topic.
    Jan 7, 2021
  32. vincentx77

vincentx77 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    There are certainly grounds to do it. You have a sitting president who can't stop speaking about conspiracy theories related to his own election in order to handle what became a riot on the capitol, leaving one woman dead and forcing congress to stop doing their job. His behavior shows him unfit for office. It's not just a dereliction of duties. He's actually bringing harm to the overall democracy of the nation. There's easily a case to be made that his mental health is in question. The more immediate question, though, would be if removing him from office would help or make things worse. If the whole reason these people are rioting is because they feel their county is being stolen from them, then removing their president from his last two weeks in office, justified or not, is going to rub salt in the wound. There's no good answer here, at least, one that doesn't involve getting Trump to stop being a petulant asshole.

Lacius likes this.
  33. Foxi4

Foxi4 Cynical Absurdist
    Global Moderator

Poland
    As a conservative my general point of view is that the government should be kept on a tight leash. Once we give them consent to remove a President on a whim once, it will set a precedent for the future, and those always come back to bite you. Unless Trump starts running around covered from head to toes in chocolate I don't think questioning his fitness is the right path, especially not with only two weeks to go. We'll see how this goes, right now it's all armchair theorising.

EDIT: In any case, the thread has been cleaned up with a grenade - from what I can tell, all of the unsavoury rhetoric, or responses to it, are now gone and we can focus our attention on current events. If something was missed, everybody knows where the button is. My general advice is "if you think it's trolling or unsavoury, don't respond to it". It makes our lives oh-so-much easier to locate the troubling content in question and removing it.

Last edited by Foxi4, Jan 7, 2021
  34. djpannda

djpannda GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    ... can we have another mod... I really don't want to speak bad..

35. Foxi4

Foxi4 Cynical Absurdist
    Global Moderator

Poland
    If you have any concerns you'd like to voice, you're more than welcome to contact me outside of the thread, particularly if it's in regards to actions made against your own posts. I always answer promptly to any correspondence.

36. vincentx77

United States
    I disagree that it's a whim. I think he's been shielded from the consequences of his actions by congressional Republicans for at least 2 years now. They laughed off some of Trump's questionable behaviors that may now be coming back to bite all of them in the butt.

Invoking this for his last two weeks in office, when he really wouldn't have time to fight it, is a bit distasteful. Those around him do need to try to keep a muzzle on him, though. Congress must be allowed to do their job. The peaceful transfer of power must be allowed to happen. No matter what anyone thinks about who won or who lost, the world is watching us right now. This makes us look vulnerable.

Xzi likes this.
  37. Foxi4

Foxi4 Cynical Absurdist
    Global Moderator

Poland
    This much I agree with. The Trump team had ample time to challenge the results and they botched it. They still have two weeks to come up with evidence, even if it was only symbolic (considering the votes are certified), so they should get on that. The time for protesting the results was weeks ago, as was the time to investigate any discrepancies. I'm saddened by the protest turning into this myself, but sadly every fold has their crazies - we've seen that throughout many protests at this stage.

gamefan5 likes this.
  38. djpannda

djpannda GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Hey look at that Georgia is not a issue anymore... waiting for the other states to Confirm Biden.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

lol Pence took a deep ass breath when he ask if a senator signed the objection in NEVADA

Sicklyboy likes this.
  39. Darth Meteos

Darth Meteos Entertainer

United States
    gbatemp mods supporting terrorism
    ya love to see it

40. tabzer

tabzer GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Japan
    qOKD83V.jpg

Ektif and Xzi like this.
  41. vincentx77

United States
    Well fuck. Pennsylvania had to go derail the proceedings.

42. Big Man Tyrone2

Big Man Tyrone2 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Doesn't matter. They do not have enough support in the House or the Senate.

They're just delaying the inevitable while supporting their political careers.

43. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

United States
    You mean it was unnecessarily derailed by Senator Hawley and 80 assholes Republicans in the House.

As already stated above, it doesn't matter though. It's just a delay. More importantly, it attempts to legitimize Trump's attempted coup.

Last edited by Lacius, Jan 7, 2021
  44. vincentx77

United States
    It would just be nice if this was over and done with. It will hopefully start to calm things down a little once it's actually set in stone.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Well... facts are facts...

IncredulousP likes this.
  45. Driving_duck

Driving_duck GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Wonder how trump gonna react to that he lost in that brain of his, if he even has one, I bet is gonna cry about it or some shit, hopefully he does that, so we can see trump getting dragged out of the white house. Thats gonna be a party.

46. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Official Cubi™ Devilishly good looking

Antarctica
    It would be nice if Trump Supporters and Republicans weren’t throwing the world’s biggest hissy fit. It’s impressive just how far they are willing to keep pushing just avoid reality. Like I said before “The ‘You lost, get over it’ crowd seems to be having a hard time getting over their loss.”
    Worth stressing again, Trump lost. There’s no mass voter fraud nor any other nonsense claim, Trump lost the election.

IncredulousP, ghjfdtg and AmandaRose like this.
  47. KingVamp

KingVamp Haaah-hahahaha!

United States
    lol Seen some people call Ossoff the first weeb senator.

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - president, Becomes, United

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.