• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Joe Biden Wins - Becomes 46th president of the United States

• Thread starter yusuo
  • Start date
  • Views 432,771
  • Replies 7,444
  • Likes 45
Status
Not open for further replies.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Your KN95 masks are a real joke. A KN95 mask is a FAKE N95 mask that isn't close to a real N95 mask... Have a read here and look at the spec sheet differences in the table.

Source: https://smartairfilters.com/en/blog/whats-the-difference-between-n95-and-kn95-masks/

Please stop assuming that you are better then everyone else. I'm in the category of essential workers and for that reason I wear an actual proper mask that protects me from 99.99% of particles. But that doesn't make me better then you, it just makes me better protected in the environment that I work in. So please stop trying to lower other people just to bring yourself up. By the way... Those "rags" that you talk about were implemented by YOUR government as well!

Joe Biden will most definitely increase the standards of necessary protection when he becomes president... Just watch.
This is untrue, as pointed out by... Well, yourself. KN95 is a Chinese standard equivalent of N95, they both filter 95% of particulate (down to 0.3 micron), block pretty much all droplets (down to 0.1%) and are FDA-approved. The certification process is slightly different as the KN95 process requires a fit test whereas N95 does not. I very much doubt your employer provides you with anything better than that considering there *isn't* anything better than that short of a hazardous materials mask, and I'm not going to wear giant filters on my face on the day-to-day, not to mention that it's completely unnecessary. Still, good to hear that your employer cares about your safety and provides you with PPE.

Nice try.

In any case, it appears that Raphael Warnock has secured the win in GA, which blows my mind given his past conduct:

_20210106_131124.JPG

Dark days ahead indeed.

Last edited by Foxi4,

g00s3y

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BOTH DEMOCRATS WIN IN GA!!!!
TRUMP SUPPORTERS & NAZI LOVERS FLAMING MAD ON PARLER!!!
FUCK YOUR FEELINGS!!!
DON'T LIKE IT, LEAVE THE COUNTRY!!!

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This is untrue, as pointed out by... Well, yourself. KN95 is a Chinese standard equivalent of N95, they both filter 95% of particulate (down to 0.3 micron) and are FDA-approved. The certification process is slightly different as the KN95 process requires a fit test whereas N95 does not. I very much doubt your employer provides you with anything better than that considering there *isn't* anything better than that short of a hazardous materials mask, and I'm not going to wear giant filters on my face on the day-to-day, not to mention that it's completely unnecessary. Still, good to hear that your employer cares about your safety and provides you with PPE.

Nice try.
There has been numerous studies done that say about 70% of KN95 masks are not as good as the N95 masks. And it's actually the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health that regulates masks in America not the FDA and they have said the KN95 masks are not filtering 95% of particulates.

Look at this for instance

https://www.healthline.com/health-n...asks#Healthcare-professionals-at-highest-risk

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
There has been numerous studies done that say about 70% of KN95 masks are not as good as the N95 masks. And it's actually the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health that regulates masks in America not the FDA and they have said the Kn95 masks are not filtering 95% of particulates.

Look at this for instance

https://www.healthline.com/health-n...asks#Healthcare-professionals-at-highest-risk
That's great, but it's also a link from healthline lol. There are a lot of counterfeit ones available on the market with inconsistent markings (easy to spot) which skews the results, but I'm not particularly worried about "my batch" as it's from an official PPE supplier. I'm perfectly confident that KN95 has better filtration qualities than a piece of cloth with Bart Simpson on it. As far as authorisation for use, it's up to the FDA, NIOSH performs the testing. All from your own link, mind.

Plasmaster09

Social Justice Potato
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Based on where the remaining votes are going to come in from, his lead is only going to keep growing from here on out. At least one decision desk has already projected him the winner, along with Dave Wasserman, one of NBC's top statisticians. CNN said it's virtually impossible for Purdue to win now, but that they're waiting until morning to make the call.

It's all over but the crying for Rs (as if they didn't already have a head start on that). In only four years, Republicans went from controlling all three branches of the federal government, to controlling none of them. I guess Trump did manage to drain the swamp after all. :rofl2:
He did do one good thing for our country, I suppose.
He removed his own party from power.
We're blue, da-ba-dee da-ba-da! :toot:

Reactions: IncredulousP

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
This probably isn't how you should describe Georgia's first Black senator and the first Black Democrat to represent a southern state in the Senate.
I'm not a fan of Warnock, or domestic abusers in general. I also don't like his flirtation with Louis Farrakhan, head of the Nation of Islam, and well-known bigot. I don't like people who get arrested for obstructing a child abuse investigation that occurred on their camp. I also don't like anti-semitism. So yes, dark days ahead indeed. As a side note, I don't see what skin colour has to do with the election - either a candidate is qualified and of good moral character or not. Warnock is neither in my book. Voting on the basis of colour smells of racism to me - he could be purple for all I care, that wouldn't make him a better candidate.

Last edited by Foxi4,

Plasmaster09

Social Justice Potato
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not a fan of Warnock, or domestic abusers in general. I also don't like his flirtation with Louis Farrakhan, head of the Nation of Islam, and well-known bigot. I don't like people who get arrested for obstructing a child abuse investigation that occurred on their camp. I also don't like anti-semitism. So yes, dark days ahead indeed.
Warnock: possibly bad.
Progress: good.
Eh, still a net positive in my book.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not a fan of Warnock, or domestic abusers in general. I also don't like his flirtation with Louis Farrakhan, head of the Nation of Islam, and well-known bigot. I don't like people who get arrested for obstructing a child abuse investigation that occurred on their camp. I also don't like anti-semitism. So yes, dark days ahead indeed.
There's no evidence of domestic abuse, Warnock didn't do more than acknowledge the history behind the Nation of Islam, and Warnock was only asserting that people's constitutional rights were respected when he was arrested (and he was never charged of anything).

Regardless of how you feel about the above items, your wording was, at best, tone deaf.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Warnock puts the state on the path of regression, not progress, but suit yourself. As far as I'm concerned, he should be as far away form the Senate as humanly possible - him and his rhetoric.
Warnock's policies are, by definition, progressive, not regressive.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
There's no evidence of domestic abuse, Warnock didn't do more than acknowledge the history behind the Nation of Islam, and Warnock was only asserting that people's constitutional rights were respected when he was arrested (and he was never charged of anything).

Regardless of how you feel about the above items, your wording was, at best, tone deaf.

Warnock's policies are, by definition, progressive, not regressive.
What's done is done, I'm not complaining about the process. I believe Warnock's wife on the police tapes more than I believe Warnock, I also believe the victims more than Warnock's campaign dismissing his attempt at saving his skin as a gesture of good will - "good" according to him only, not to the authorities that thought otherwise. If you're okay with him singing praises for the anti-semite-in-chief, that's fine - I find that highly unsavoury. His policies advocate progressing backwards, to 1922, which I call regressive. Each to their own though, the people have spoken, I have no problem with that.

To add some levity to the conversation I will say that Warnock at least had some experience in this race, as this is the second time he beats a woman. :lol:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-says-good-actor-putting-win-Senate-seat.html

Last edited by Foxi4,

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's done is done, I'm not complaining about the process. I believe Warnock's wife on the police tapes more than I believe Warnock, I also believe the victims more so that Warnock's campaign dismissing his attempt at saving his skin as a gesture of good will - to him only, not to the authorities that thought otherwise. If you're okay with him singing praises for the anti-semite-in-chief, that's fine - I find that highly unsavoury. His policies advocate progressing backwards, to 1922, which I call regressive. Each to their own though, the people have spoken, I have no problem with that.
First, all you're doing is deflecting from my claim that your "dark days" statement was, at best, tone deaf. How you feel about the above is irrelevant.

A medical examination was done on the wife, and there was no evidence of foot injury, if that's what you're referencing.

During the investigation you keep referencing, he was asserting that people be allowed to have an attorney present during the interviews, and he pushed back when that constitutional right was being violated. He was arrested but never charged with anything. Aside from his insistence that lawyers be allowed to be present, as is the constitutional right of every American (which I thought you'd support), Warnock was fully cooperative, officers said the arrest was part of a misunderstanding, and the officers later said Warnock had been helpful and thanked him.

There is no evidence that Warnock is anti-semetic.

Warnock's policy positions are a matter of public record, and they are objectively and by definition progressive, not regressive.

Plasmaster09

Social Justice Potato
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's done is done, I'm not complaining about the process. I believe Warnock's wife on the police tapes more than I believe Warnock, I also believe the victims more than Warnock's campaign dismissing his attempt at saving his skin as a gesture of good will - "good" according to him only, not to the authorities that thought otherwise. If you're okay with him singing praises for the anti-semite-in-chief, that's fine - I find that highly unsavoury. His policies advocate progressing backwards, to 1922, which I call regressive. Each to their own though, the people have spoken, I have no problem with that.

To add some levity to the conversation I will say that Warnock at least had some experience in this race, as this is the second time he beats a woman. :lol:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-says-good-actor-putting-win-Senate-seat.html
We may not agree, but that last line was hilarious.
But if you want bigotry, abuse and general sexism, look no further than soon-to-be-ex-President Donald "grab 'em by the [censored]" Trump!

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
First, all you're doing is deflecting from my claim that your "dark days" statement was, at best, tone deaf. How you feel about the above is irrelevant.

A medical examination was done on the wife, and there was no evidence of foot injury, if that's what you're referencing.

During the investigation you keep referencing, he was asserting that people be allowed to have an attorney present during the interviews, and he pushed back when that constitutional right was being violated. He was arrested but never charged with anything. Aside from his insistence that lawyers be allowed to be present, as is the constitutional right of every American (which I thought you'd support), Warnock was fully cooperative, officers said the arrest was part of a misunderstanding, and the officers later said Warnock had been helpful and thanked him.

There is no evidence that Warnock is anti-semetic.

Warnock's policy positions are a matter of public record, and they are objectively and by definition progressive, not regressive.
I don't really care about whether or not he drove over her foot - I would even dismiss that if he did as anything can happen in the heat of the moment. The allegation was that he was beating his wife throughout their marriage. I thought we believed all women, but it seems we only believe women who aren't married to a candidate for office. As for the dark days statement, not only is it a fixed phrase, I was also paraphrasing Joe Biden himself saying that a "dark winter" was coming our way. If you're going to twist this into some kind of racist statement, just say the accusation out loud so we can all laugh, don't keep it to yourself.
We may not agree, but that last line was hilarious.
But if you want bigotry, abuse and general sexism, look no further than soon-to-be-ex-President Donald "grab 'em by the [censored]" Trump!
Beating women is completely equivalent to boys talk, you got me there. Also thank you - I'll be here indefinitely with more funny jokes, wonderful audience! :D

Last edited by Foxi4,
Reactions: tabzer

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Nothing says levity like joking about wife abuse. I guess it's all fun and games until a conservative needs to feign indignance about someone they disagree with politically.

There is also evidence he did not run over her foot, as there was a medical examination that showed no signs of the foot having been run over.

Plasmaster09

Social Justice Potato
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Beating women is completely equivalent to boys talk, you got me there. Also thank you - I'll be here indefinitely with more funny jokes, wonderful audience! :D
...that and the numerous sexual assault allegations against him?
Trump's racked up quite a record of things he's somehow not been brought to court for yet.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't really care about whether or not he drove over her foot - I would even dismiss that if he did as anything can happen in the heat of the moment. The allegation was that he was beating his wife throughout their marriage. As for the dark days statement, not only is it a fixed phrase, I was also paraphrasing Joe Biden himself saying that a "dark winter" was coming our way. If you're going to twist this into some kind of racist statement, just say the accusation out loud so we can all laugh, don't keep it to yourself.
There is no evidence he beat his wife, and we have evidence the wife lied about the foot.

Joe Biden referred to the dark winter that was COVID-19, not anything related to race. This is why I stopped responding to your messages long ago. You arguments are blatantly dishonest and often irrelevant.

I gave you the benefit for the doubt and said your words were, at best, tone deaf. I never hid my accusations. You need to grow up.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
...that and the numerous sexual assault allegations against him?
Trump's racked up quite a record of things he's somehow not been brought to court for yet.
All of which were highly improbable and very likely attempts at squeezing some dolla dolla out of him, but that's a fair point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr