• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Joe Biden Wins - Becomes 46th president of the United States

• Thread starter yusuo
  • Start date
  • Views 435,331
  • Replies 7,444
  • Likes 45
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The way I interpreted that is Trump thinks that he is refusing to recalculate because he doesn't want to admit they made a mistake & that if he did recalculate then based on all the fraud that Trump believes exists then it would come to a figure that shows that Trump won.

I'm not a Trump supporter by any stretch of the imagination, but that is what I believe he meant and I think that is what Trump would say in court.

Trump seems to believe that it's a lack of motivation to look that is preventing him being declared the winner.
When Trump is consistently talking about "wanting to find only 11,000 votes," suggesting they should just arbitrarily announce that they've recalculated and Trump won, and he's repeatedly refusing to listen to any of the proof that at least some of Trump's purported examples of fraud didn't happen, then the argument that Trump is only concerned with voter fraud falls apart. Trump is trying to steal the election by any means necessary, and what Trump did was likely illegal.

If you haven't done so, listen to the entire call.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
When Trump is consistently talking about "wanting to find only 11,000 votes," suggesting they should just arbitrarily announce that they've recalculated and Trump won,

I understand your point of view, but to me Trump is basically saying "we know there is x number of fraudulent votes, which is 10 times what we need to win, we therefore don't care if you don't believe us that it's x, as long as you accept it's 1/10th of x".

It's classic business negotiation. It's what I would expect from Trump, I don't think he believes he is asking for them to commit fraud.

Reactions: Foxi4 and tabzer

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I understand your point of view, but to me Trump is basically saying "we know there is x number of fraudulent votes, which is 10 times what we need to win, we therefore don't care if you don't believe us that it's x, as long as you accept it's 1/10th of x".

It's classic business negotiation. It's what I would expect from Trump, I don't think he believes he is asking for them to commit fraud.
The "as long as you accept it's 1/10th of x" shows he doesn't care about election integrity; he only cares about winning. In other words, he's saying "as long as I win, I don't care how much of the fraud is found."

He's also been told that x isn't correct, but not only does he not believe it; he has no interest in hearing it.

Raffensperger: Mr. President, we’ll send you the link from WSB.

Trump: I don’t care about the link. I don’t need it. Brad, I have a much better — we're going to have much better links.

These are words that demonstrate Trump doesn't care about the truth; he only cares about winning.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The "as long as you accept it's 1/10th of x" shows he doesn't care about election integrity; he only cares about winning. In other words, he's saying "as long as I win, I don't care how much of the fraud is found."

I agree, but not caring that all the fraud is found is not the same as asking to commit fraud.

Nobody cares about election fraud unless it changes the result, whether it was 2 or 3 or 10 people who had a postal ballot and subsequently died is not important.

Trump is just coming at it from the other direction, he thinks it's hundreds of thousands of fraudulent votes. From his point of view he has more integrity than someone who refuses to accept there is enough to have changed the result.

Last edited by smf,
Reactions: Foxi4

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan

That demonstrates that the priority is to secure his election, but it doesn't show that he doesn't care about election integrity.

These are words that demonstrate Trump doesn't care about the truth; he only cares about winning.

He obviously believes that Roffensperger is being deceitful and lying, but he isn't saying so directly. Trump asks questions of Brad that Trump already has answers to. If you listen to his whole spiel right before Brad said "I'll send you the links," Trump already knows that it is deflective unaccountability. He wasn't really looking for the actual answers to the questions as he already has them, but he seems to be pressuring Brad to represent instead of being so passive.

You said you didn't even listen to it, then make accusations of making things up, then ask for "where did he say that?" when it's clearly in the audio. Try listening to it. My god you are incredibly STUPID!

It's very obvious that Trump didn't say that. You are %100 making things up. Quote the specific part, and I will tell you how your interpretation is wrong *Snip!*.

Last edited by Foxi4, , Reason: Name-calling

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree, but not caring that all the fraud is found is not the same as asking to commit fraud.

Nobody cares about election fraud unless it changes the result, Trump is just coming at it from the other direction.
I agree, but Trump's lack of interest in hearing the evidence that fraud didn't occur and his insistence that the election results be changed are arguably evidence that Trump is pressuring him to commit fraud.

That demonstrates that the priority is to secure his election, but it doesn't show that he doesn't care about election integrity.
A person with the priority of winning the election is not someone who should legally be able to pressure those responsible for making sure it was a fair and secure election. There should be a wall of separation between the candidates and those responsible for counting the votes and certifying the election. At worst, what Trump did was illegal. At best, what Trump did was improper.

He obviously believes that Roffensperger is being deceitful and lying, but he isn't saying so directly. Trump asks questions of Brad that Trump already has answers to. If you listen to his whole spiel right before Brad said "I'll send you the links," Trump already knows that it is deflective unaccountability. He wasn't really looking for the actual answers to the questions as he already has them, but he seems to be pressuring Brad to represent instead of being so passive.
Trump clearly doesn't have the answers to most of those questions, and he refused to listen to those answers.

I lost count of how many times Trump had to be told that ballots conclusively weren't scanned three times, but Trump refused to listen and had no interest in looking at the tape or news report. Admittedly, we're at a point where we have to ask ourselves: Is Trump wilfully committing fraud, or is he just an idiot? Can Trump be shielded by the fact that he might legitimately believe the things he's saying, or is the kind of willful ignorance on display potentially criminally negligent?

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I agree, but Trump's lack of interest in hearing the evidence that fraud didn't occur and his insistence that the election results be changed are arguably evidence that Trump is pressuring him to commit fraud.

Trump has never had an interest in listening to people who disagree with him.

He is just begging him to see the fraud that Trump knows exists.

Trump is delusional, but that doesn't mean he is asking for anyone to commit fraud.

Last edited by smf,

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And if Trump is pressuring officials to change election results despite being shown evidence that fraud didn't happen, that's potentially criminal. Whether or not Trump did it with his fingers in his ears is perhaps irrelevant.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
And if Trump is pressuring officials to change election results despite being shown evidence that fraud didn't happen, that's potentially criminal. Whether or not Trump did it with his fingers in his ears is perhaps irrelevant.

Not if he believes the evidence that fraud didn't happen is fake. You can argue it isn't reasonable for him to believe that. But he does seem to and it fits with his character.

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's very obvious that Trump didn't say that. You are %100 making things up. Quote the specific part, and I will tell you how your interpretation is wrong (and shows how stupid you are).
Wow I'm so Proud of you Tabzer, because a month ago you did not understand most American Idiom but I Guess You were taking night classes on American colloquials. Because all of a sudden you can Interpret what the American Mob boss... I mean president meant

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Trump clearly doesn't have the answers to most of those questions, and he refused to listen to those answers.

Most? Idk. Some, definitely, like regarding the question about why people went straight to the ballots hidden under the tables, in which Brad said, "I'll send you the links."--as the answer was followed up afterward by Trump's side. It doesn't appear that Trump was calling for the intention of "finding the truth" with this phone call. So claims that he doesn't care about the truth based on the context of this audio is kind of irrelevant, and unaccountable of times spent before and after the phonecall.

Trump was pressuring him to find mistakes or to be individually accountable and assert himself.

A person with the priority of winning the election is not someone who should legally be able to pressure those responsible for making sure it was a fair and secure election.

Maybe.

There should be a wall of separation between the candidates and those responsible for counting the votes and certifying the election. At worst, what Trump did was illegal. At best, what Trump did was improper.

I could agree with improper, but I don't know what Trump knows about Raffensperger and the whole situation. I'm just a peon on the receiving end of state propaganda..

I lost count of how many times Trump had to be told that ballots conclusively weren't scanned three times,

They were scanned 3 times. It is on video. Now were they actually recorded, adjusted, or what?

Last edited by tabzer,

forerofore

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia

He is just begging him to see the fraud that Trump knows exists.

Trump is delusional, but that doesn't mean he is asking for anyone to commit fraud.
its the president of the united states, unlike other people he has the power to pressure others to commit the fraud, he is a grown adult that is accountable for whatever he says and he is well aware that he is suggesting for fraud in his favor to happen.

Last edited by forerofore,

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so has your American colloquial class gone over threats yet...
because you know swimming with the fishes... no not really swimming...
1.Swimming with the fishes - They would cement your feet and throw you in a river to drown
2. Pulling up daisy - They are dig your own grave before they kill you

NOW your turn Please interpret " that's a big risk to you and your lawyer, that's a big risk,"

There is more evidence of wide spread voter fraud than evidence of that.
Don't forget the Reverse Vampires.. Please explain how the Reverse Vampire are Supervising all this Election fraud

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Yeah, I don't particularly like the idea of someone threatening legal action against someone. The image of bargaining seems to be lacking in good taste. But the suggestion that you would know better is laughable.

They are dig your own grave before they kill you

I guess the only language you know is "thug life". Definitely not English.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most? Idk. Some, definitely, like regarding the question about why people went straight to the ballots hidden under the tables, in which Brad said, "I'll send you the links."--as the answer was followed up afterward by Trump's side. It doesn't appear that Trump was calling for the intention of "finding the truth" with this phone call. So claims that he doesn't care about the truth based on the context of this audio is kind of irrelevant, and unaccountable of times spent before and after the phonecall.

Trump was pressuring him to find mistakes or to be individually accountable and assert himself.

Maybe.

I could agree with improper, but I don't know what Trump knows about Raffensperger and the whole situation. I'm just a peon on the receiving end of state propaganda..

They were scanned 3 times. It is on video. Now were they actually recorded, adjusted, or what?
A person who cares about winning, not the truth, shouldn't be pressuring election officials. Pressuring someone to find mistakes, not pressuring someone to check for mistakes, is improper.

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess the only language you know is "thug life". Definitely not English.
"thing life"... are you making a Stereotypical remark based on my speech and color of my skin
:grog:Congrats you just became a full on Trumper!!

again ,,,,please Explain how the Reverse Vampire orchestrated voter Fraud

Reactions: AmandaRose

Master X

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is more evidence of wide spread voter fraud than evidence of that.

Not according to Barr in his statement of the subject

https://apnews.com/article/barr-no-widespread-election-fraud-b1f1488796c9a98c4b1a9061a6c7f49d

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...85f060-439c-11eb-b0e4-0f182923a025_story.html

But that's the kicker isn't it? Trump supporters point to the existence of any one or two off cases of fraud, or even the possibility that fraud could happen, as proof that that millions of votes are fraudulent. As a lawyer argued in a case in support of Trump... They don't have to prove that voter fraud happened.

As for the small scale stuff, here's a collection of it.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...be541c-42de-11eb-b0e4-0f182923a025_story.html

Handfuls of cases at best in areas where, if Trumps claims of rampant fraud are to be believed, tens of hundreds of millions of thousands of dead people were supposed to have voted.

And as for all the 'potential' cases of fraud? Well...

Local officials have complained that they have fielded more false complaints of fraud that must be chased down as a result of the rhetoric from the president and his supporters. Trump’s claims encouraged people to report routine procedures they simply did not understand as possible problems, contributing to an atmosphere of suspicion, they said.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
"thing life"... are you making a Stereotypical remark based on my speech and color of my skin
:grog:Congrats you just became a full on Trumper!!

again ,,,,please Explain how the Reverse Vampire orchestrated voter Fraud

Aren't you just a black and white furry who happens to see Trump as a threat to your survival? Based on your literacy disability, I think you are just being paranoid and overly impressionable.

A person who cares about winning, not the truth, shouldn't be pressuring election officials. Pressuring someone to find mistakes, not pressuring someone to check for mistakes, is improper.

A person who doesn't actually know all the motives of someone should not make claims about the motives of someone. Trump gave a list of mistakes for them to check for--or that they weren't fully accounting for. More than enough to find the amount he needs to win. My understanding that this was a "settlement" conference call, which is weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ