• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Joe Biden Wins - Becomes 46th president of the United States

• Thread starter yusuo
  • Start date
  • Views 435,176
  • Replies 7,444
  • Likes 45
Status
Not open for further replies.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
There seems to be a lot of debate still, it doesn't seem to be settled science.

We should send countries back to where they came from too.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gondwana
Based on modern evidence, the most likely scenario is that "proto-humans" began their journey in East Asia, started migrating west, evolved as they went and ultimately settled in Eastern Europe and Africa. There's notable evidence of this being the case in Morocco, Greece, Germany and many other countries, predating the "Out of Africa" timeline by tens of thousands of years, often more - we don't *really* know how the species spread across the globe just yet, there are many possible scenarios.

As for putting countries back where they belong, I think you're not dreaming big enough - I'm in favour of putting at least a couple back under the sea. I don't know how, I'm not an engineer or a geologist, but I strongly believe we'll find a way eventually. If we only pollute hard enough and melt the ice caps some more, my dream can be fully realised. I won't be able to enjoy the fruits of this labour of love, but I like to think that my descendants will live in a world without California. Brings a tear to my eye, always dare to dream.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
but I like to think that my descendants will live in a world without California. Brings a tear to my eye, always dare to dream.

We can send your descendants back into the big bang where they belong.

Is it california you want to eradicate or the people of california. If you get rid of california then the people there will just move next to you

If it's the people then you are xenophobic/racist. You want to pick and choose which people deserve to have what they want and who should have that taken away from them.

Last edited by smf,

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
We can send your descendants back into the big bang where they belong.

Anything less is racism. You want to pick and choose which people deserve to have what they want and who should have that taken away from them.
Californian is not a race. It is an unfortunate predicament though. I feel for them, I really do, that land is cursed.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Californian is not a race.

If there is something specific about californians that mean you want to get rid of them, then yes it is a race.

A race is a grouping of humans based on shared physical or social qualities into categories generally viewed as distinct by society

It would seem logical that it's the act of grouping people together to discriminate against them that defines racism, not some fixed classification of those groups.

Last edited by smf,

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Californian is not a race. It is an unfortunate predicament though. I feel for them, I really do, that land is cursed.
Give them a chance to acclimate to the land, and they may start developing genetic markers that distinguish them as a young race.

A race is a grouping of humans based on shared physical or social qualities into categories generally viewed as distinct by society

TIL that Liberals are racist by insulting Trump supporters.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
If there is something specific about californians that mean you want to get rid of them, then yes it is a race.

I don't know if there's something specific I could pinpoint that distinguishes them from the rest of the flock...
Give them a chance to acclimate to the land, and they may start developing genetic markers that distinguish them as a young race.
...yet. :lol:

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
The fact you are willing to look is good enough to confirm your status.
To be fair, one good look at the Los Angeles area is ample evidence that the state should either be sunk or jettisoned into space, I'm fine with either solution. Not that we'd have to convince them, California has mounted secession efforts in the past, Yes California comes to mind. I want them to be free, independent, and preferably very far away. You have to see the humour in these things, otherwise it's doom and gloom every single day.
It would seem logical that it's the act of grouping people together to discriminate against them that defines racism, not some fixed classification of those groups.
That's the exact opposite of a logical conclusion. Racism, as the name implies, is discrimination on the basis of race, which is a pretty rigid and clear definition. The specific fixed classification of groups is a necessary element of the equation. There are some attempts to muddle it nowadays in order to permit some forms of discrimination while prohibiting others, but everybody knows the actual meaning of the word. The word you're looking for is "prejudice", you can be prejudiced on the basis of a variety of factors - it's a superset, racism is a subset. That's neither here nor there though.

Last edited by Foxi4,

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan

Lol. I didn't notice you insert that in there. Of course we have people talking about him being racist, but we couldn't see it. Anyway, people imitate each other all the time when telling stories. Look at how many people imitate Trump. I laugh when I watch videos of Japanese people imitating different American accents. I'm probably a horrible person. Poor Amanda Berg though. It seems like she regrets living in America.

Last edited by tabzer,

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And yet biden has never said a racial thing in his life :rofl2::wacko::unsure:

We're all well aware of the rights deflection. Incredibly common practice. First it was "But but but OBAMA!!!!" Then it was "But but but HILLARY!!!!" Now it's "But but but BIDEN!!!!!" Have anything better, new, or original? And to compare the number of times Trump has mocked people and said racist things... to the amount of times Biden has done anything of the sort is FAR from even comparable.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Liberals are racist by insulting Trump supporters.

This liberal is absolutely 100% racist against Trump and his supporters. I freely and happily admit it. Just like you and his supporters are racist against Liberals and Biden supporters & proud of it. Try not to be so much of hypocrite.

Last edited by D34DL1N3R,
Reactions: DarknessPlay3r

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Reactions: IncredulousP

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Again. This statement is disingenuous. Trump brought out the despicable side of politicians on both sides of the table. Democrats were not righteous in his term--or before his term.
I have no idea why you quoted my previous post again instead of acknowledging the new one...oh wait, yeah I do, those facts must not conform to your preconceived biases.

And frankly, Trump makes mobsters look righteous and just by comparison. I have to wonder how much money he grifted out of you personally for the sunk cost fallacy to have its claws in you this deep.

People will be racist, too. It's too bad racism is more important to you than trying to be understanding.
Oh I understand perfectly. The mask stays on until cornered, and that's when conservatives' three favorite flags decide to make an appearance. The party has always been like this since the platform switch, but Trump dragged it even further down that rabbit hole as fast as he possibly could. At least I can agree with his supporters on one thing though:

Let the snake eat itself. :lol:

Last edited by Xzi,

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Don't have such a closed mind.

http://sitn.hms.harvard.edu/flash/2017/science-genetics-reshaping-race-debate-21st-century/

In the biological and social sciences, the consensus is clear: race is a social construct, not a biological attribute.
Prejudice is born in the eyes, not in a petri dish. People are prejudiced against others because they're different, primarily visually, when it comes to race and racism.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Other_(philosophy)#Imperialism_and_colonialism

UltraSUPRA

[title removed by staff]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't have such a closed mind.

http://sitn.hms.harvard.edu/flash/2017/science-genetics-reshaping-race-debate-21st-century/

In the biological and social sciences, the consensus is clear: race is a social construct, not a biological attribute.
I swear, there's a Stonetoss comic for everything.
social-construct-comic-1.png

Reactions: Doran754

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Prejudice is born in the eyes, not in a petri dish. People are prejudiced against others because they're different, primarily visually, when it comes to race and racism.

Right, so if you think of Californians as different and are prejudiced against them then it says more about you than them. It doesn't matter whether it's because of their ancestry or choice of location to live.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo