• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Joe Biden Wins - Becomes 46th president of the United States

• Thread starter yusuo
  • Start date
  • Views 432,585
  • Replies 7,444
  • Likes 45
Status
Not open for further replies.

jimbo13

Terry Crews #1 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got a few: Trump axed the TPP. He fired John Bolton. He de-escalated with North Korea. Three very good things.

Looks the Trumps signature on the Veterans choice act, effectively making sure our Troops get decent medical care after everyone else including Joe Biden jerked off about it for the last 40 years.
President-Trump-signs-MISSION-Act.jpg

Reactions: CORE

Darth Meteos

Entertainer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why would a Harris administration be bad?
Kamala Harris as AG of California neglected to prosecute Steve Mnuchin for foreclosing on people in a criminal manner, but advocated for keeping people in jail on technicalities because the prison needed labor. She's a scumfuck.

"Better than Trump" is a low bar, and Harris will show you just how low it is.

Darth Meteos

Entertainer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks the Trumps signature on the Veterans choice act, effectively making sure our Troops get decent medical care after everyone else including Joe Biden jerked off about it for the last 40 years.
That shit is ass. Single payer or gtfo

I'll name another, aid to 9/11 first responders
Remember Rand Paul delaying that because 'muh big govvermat'? Good times.

tiamat999

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trump was a famous prominent business man for 20 years before the Apprentice debuted, his family was as famous as the Kennedys or Romneys.

And I'd put Trumps humanity over a do-nothing warmonger who has voted for every war in the last 40 years and plans on sending the troops back that Trump brought home.

nah his family's more like Kardashian loved for the wrong reasons

tiamat999

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well have fun trump cult just don't hurt anybody or drink anything that he could be handing out at future mags protests

jimbo13

Terry Crews #1 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That shit is ass. Single payer or gtfo

Remember Rand Paul delaying that because 'muh big govvermat'? Good times.

Has nothing to do with single payer (which I support by the way). Veterans already get free healthcare, before Trumps VA reform they had to go through the VA hospitals which are cesspools, Trump made it so they can go to any hospital.

jimbo13

Terry Crews #1 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kamala Harris as AG of California neglected to prosecute Steve Mnuchin for foreclosing on people in a criminal manner, but advocated for keeping people in jail on technicalities because the prison needed labor. She's a scumfuck.

"Better than Trump" is a low bar, and Harris will show you just how low it is.

Lets not forget one of Obama/Bidens administrations first acts in office was to allow computerized automated foreclosures to continue, retroactively making them legal. Which they weren't, a foreclosure is supposed to require a court hearing and subject to due process.

If they hadn't allowed automated foreclosures the banks logistically would of never been able to seize all the houses in 2008.

vincentx77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now, let's talk bullshit. The Veterans Choice Act was passed by Obama in 2014. It greatly increased the care that Veterans received from the VA, and started hold them accountable to actual standards. It also allowed some provisions for veterans to receive health care from outside hospitals when they had issues using the VA. Trump expanded this by alllowing Veterans access to outside care if the veterans clinicians determined that it would be in the best interest of the vet to have the procedure or follow-up performed outside of the VA. That is a HUGE difference than giving vets carte-blanche to use any provider they want. It's also interesting that nearly all of the groundwork for this was laid during the Obama administration. That should surprise no one who has been paying attention, though. All Trump has done is try to take credit for Obama's accomplishments. Trump isn't going to get these states overturned, and in 2 months, he's not going to be the president. The vote was fair and legit. It's really time to shut the fuck up and hop aboard the Biden train. After all, that's what most of you were telling us to do 4 years ago.

Reactions: IncredulousP

DKB

NO
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did hear that Harris was a real bitch. I did research and fell upon this comment from reddit:

"
Who told you she is hated? She has a higher net favourability than Elizabeth Warren and is currently polling as the overwhelming favourite by voters, black voters and Hispanic voters for VP. And who told you she “only” has haters? You’re blinded by the overwhelmingly white/male/Bernie leaning demographic of Reddit. She has a psssionate base of followers called the KHive made of a multiracial coalition of black women, south Asian women, LGBT people, white allies and Latinx people. They helped her raise 3.5M in her Biden fundraiser and they passionately advocate for her, make her senate floor moments go viral and push back against disinformation on her behalf.

The perspective you’re describing is not representative of Democratic party members or black people at large. Sounds like disgruntled Bernout purists who have bought the smears peddled by his surrogates. I’ll copy and paste a comment I’ve posted a whole bunch of times about why she has a very good record and why she’d be as good a pick as any:

Reddit and faux-progressive media have a hate boner for Kamala in particular. The entire ‘Kamala is an evil centrist cop who locked up more black people than any one ever!!!1’ is largely a political smear from her primary opponents and is not at all representative of her actual record.

She votes more progressive in the senate than the usual leftist faves (only behind Ed Markey): https://progressivepunch.org/scores.htm?house=senate and she dramatically reduced incarceration rates for marijuana during her tenure (https://twitter.com/pierceah66/status/1270414069376434180?s=21 ). Please note Bernie Sanders has never passed a bill he authored on police reform, immigration or equality rights, but did vote for the Crime Bill and Iraq War, so why he’s held as the standard for insane purity tests I will never understand.

Against strong pushback, Harris always refused to pursue the death penalty and she instituted the Back on Track program with 10% reoffence rate that was so successful it’s been instituted nationwide. She arguably had the most left platform of any candidate on immigration - as a child of immigrants herself-, black healthcare and has always worked to protect California as a sanctuary state. Contrary to the disinformation campaign against her, she never once threw a single parent in jail for truancy and instead improved attendance rate for low-income kids by 20%, improving their standards of living, food and potential for further education. She won important cases against big banks that rewarded residents in California, cleared the rape kit backlog she inherited and successfully protected sex workers and child sex abuse victims better than any of her predecessors. She was marrying same-sex couples long before it was recognised nationwide. You can read more of her actual, evidence-backed record here: https://medium.com/@blackwomenviews...accomplishments-by-kamala-harris-cf314eeaad2e.

By sweeping the DA, AG and senate elections in California (the 5th largest economy in the world) all on her first attempts, she is technically the most accomplished black female elected official in the United States and one of the most accomplished black female politicians in the world.

Recent polls eg http://filesforprogress.org/dataset...urce=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf https://, www.csdd.northwestern.edu/documents/csdd-survey-results_black-voters-on-black-woman-vp-poll_june-2020.pdf, https://news.northwestern.edu/stori...unning-mate-favored-for-vice-president-biden/ and https://www.forbes.com/sites/andrew...-harris-for-vp-by-wide-margin-poll-finds/amp/ show she has strong support in the party. A-rated pollster YouGov’s most recent polling actually shows Harris is the most favored among all voters (Harris 24%, Warren 18%, Abrams 9%), among black voters (Harris 21%, Warren 19%, Abrams 14%) and Latinx voters (Harris 37%, Warren 16%, Abrams 6%) for VP. Source; https://docs.cdn.yougov.com/cjd35jrh5o/econTabReport.pdf. It’s interesting to note the vast majority of black people have always polled at a majority for any black female VP, even though Warren was the specific favourite (mostly due to name recognition). The data also suggests the black turnout and Hispanic enthusiasm will be greater with a black woman on the ticket.

Why is this important? Because white people haven’t voted a democrat for president in decades, but black women voted 94% for Hillary Clinton. She lost partly because enthusiasm among black voters was down sharply. If we as black women are saying we will more enthusiastically and collectively vote if this woman is chosen, it is very valid for us to be listened to. Also, Hispanic voters is the only sector Biden is currently lagging behind Clinton on. Bakari Sellers illustrates this point using his mother here: https://twitter.com/firinglineshow/status/1273284266600755200?s=21.

In the last few months, she has become even more present in the media discussing reform in law enforcement to protect vulnerable communities and debunking misunderstandings about defund the police (a stance she has had since 2006: https://twitter.com/adamjsmithga/status/1269761430322139136?s=21 ). She actually over-represents in favorability among black voters (the Democratic party’s most important demographic for turnout) compared with Warren who has near-universal name recognition.

Harris also has a personal relationship with the Biden family as she was friends with his son Beau before he died. The clash during the primaries over bussing has reportedly been shaken off not just by Joe but also Jill who likes Kamala: https://www.politico.com/amp/news/2...is-early-biden-vice-president-favorite-248615.

The faux-progressive parts of left-Reddit will tell you choosing her as VP is “tokenistic” and “identity politics”, erasing her accomplishments and real record. To my dismay as a black woman who identifies as quite far-left, I have realized a lot of “progressives” who supported Bernie and even Warren believe class subsumes race and you cannot be progressive, involved in justice and God forbid be POC at the same time. It also shows they don’t understand how important representation is to us black people and also they are steeped in misogynoir.

Is she perfect? No. She was working in an imperfect system as AG and DA and arguably should have pushed even harder. But she did much much more than her predecessors, inspired many other POC and women in DA and AG positions to go even further than she did and has spent her entire time as a legislator pushing for reform and progressive change that makes it easier. She is beloved among progressive reformers (many she mentored) in different state and district offices in the country for this reason. Activists and critics have also walked back their unfair attacks on her from the primaries (including fraud Shaun King who peddled an insane lie that she had framed his friend for murder): https://www.politico.com/amp/news/2020/06/07/kamala-harris-biden-criminal-justice-reform-304534 and https://www.sfchronicle.com/politics/amp/Spotlight-on-Kamala-Harris-exposes-solitude-of-15353787.php.

I wish people would do the smallest bit of independent research into the woman she is. The “Kamala is moderate, she’s a token, shes hated, she’s just a cop” narrative on Reddit is reductive." - AvaRobertEko from Reddit.

I don't even know what to think of her.

CORE

3:16
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The Dung Beetle Eats the Feces off others and in turn eats its own Feces kind of like the way Bidens Presidency.

Last edited by CORE,

jimbo13

Terry Crews #1 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now, let's talk bullshit. The Veterans Choice Act was passed by Obama in 2014. It greatly increased the care that Veterans received from the VA, and started hold them accountable to actual standards. It also allowed some provisions for veterans to receive health care from outside hospitals when they had issues using the VA. Trump expanded this by alllowing Veterans access to outside care if the veterans clinicians determined that it would be in the best interest of the vet to have the procedure or follow-up performed outside of the VA. That is a HUGE difference than giving vets carte-blanche to use any provider they want. It's also interesting that nearly all of the groundwork for this was laid during the Obama administration. That should surprise no one who has been paying attention, though. All Trump has done is try to take credit for Obama's accomplishments. Trump isn't going to get these states overturned, and in 2 months, he's not going to be the president. The vote was fair and legit. It's really time to shut the fuck up and hop aboard the Biden train. After all, that's what most of you were telling us to do 4 years ago.

Fact check: S.2372 - VA MISSION Act of 2018 was signed in to law by Donald J Trump. Barack Obama was not president in 2018.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/senate-bill/2372/text

And if you think anyone is hoping on the Biden train after the last 4 years of nonsense from the left you're delusional.

The rights geared up to "peacefully protest" the whole country to the ground.

Last edited by jimbo13,

LumInvader

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
-- empty chatter snipped --

The media doesn’t get to call elections, the actual people who vote do. We’ve had 4 years of Trump exposing the leftist medias lies so this situation isn’t surprising, it just goes to show how stupid you and your side are.

You don’t count your chickens until they hatch even if you’ve been watching them develop using x-rays.
- Ad hominum attacks won't reduce Biden's 306 electors down to 268.
- Your pedantic 360 word essay failed to cite a single probable path to victory for Trump.
- You conveniently ignored Trump's November 2016 tweet, where he claimed a landslide Electoral College victory weeks ahead of the electors casting their ballots.
- You're among a handful of people on here who have no business criticizing someone else's intelligence.

vincentx77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fact check: S.2372 - VA MISSION Act of 2018 was signed in to law by Donald J Trump. Barack Obama was not president in 2018.

Allow me to repeat the pertinent parts of my post again
"Trump expanded this by alllowing Veterans access to outside care if the veterans clinicians determined that it would be in the best interest of the vet to have the procedure or follow-up performed outside of the VA. That is a HUGE difference than giving vets carte-blanche to use any provider they want. It's also interesting that nearly all of the groundwork for this was laid during the Obama administration."
I must apologize. I actually gave Trump credit for accomplishing something in my original post. He copied Obama's 2014 bill, put his name on it, and pretended he did something. That's all he's done for 4 years, btw. Just pretend to do stuff. And dumbasses out there eat it up with a spoon.

And if you think anyone is hoping on the Biden train after the last 4 years of nonsense from the left you're delusional.

The rights geared up to "peacefully protest" the whole country to the ground.

You need to grow the fuck up. You're threatening violence because you didn't get your way in a national election. Keep it up and there will be a prison cell somewhere with your name on it.

Reactions: IncredulousP

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
People bash Trump and call him stupid, but he isn't stupid at all. Let's look at the two possibilities:

1. He is right, and is able to prove that the democratic process is broken--becomes the savior of democracy.

2. He fails, proving himself to have conned his way into Presidency, proving that the democratic process is broken.

He really cannot fail.

Reactions: jimbo13

jimbo13

Terry Crews #1 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
::partisan rambling contrary to the facts::

You need to grow the fuck up. You're threatening violence because you didn't get your way in a national election. Keep it up and there will be a prison cell somewhere with your name on it.

I am not threatening anything, As someone who is generally backing a third party or dark horse I never get my way in a national election. If I had my way Saint Paul would be finishing his third term and handing the reigns over to Gary Johnson.

My prediction is we are going to see substantive civil unrest starting with Biden trying too lock everyone down at home while he redeploys the troops Trump brought home.

There isn't room for MAGA on the Biden Train and no one is interested in the ride, You know we have a record setting ammo shortage? People are buying up .226 like it's toilet paper in march.

And we don't have violence in this country, we have "Mostly peaceful protests". These people are not getting on the Biden train, and they got your memo about Biden allegedly winning. -They don't care.

iu

Last edited by jimbo13,
Reactions: gregory-samba
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to maybe close the gap a bit with Nvidia. Plus it would kinda put Nvidia at a future disadvantage since Nvidia can't make X86/64 CPUs? Intel and AMD licensing issues... I wonder how much that has held back innovation.
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i don't think nvidia wants to get in the x64 cpu market anyways
    you've seen how much intel is struggling getting into the gpu market
    and nvidia is already doing ARM
    i don't think they want to take more focus away from their gpus
    Yeah I think Nvidia s future lays in AI GPU acceleration stuff if they can get that going it's going to be super interesting in the long term
    AI assisted game creation might become a thing
    At least that's something I think would be pretty cool.
    Don some VR glasses and gloves and talk to the computer and paint entire worlds
    "OK Cortana I want that mountain a little taller and more snow on top, and I would like some random ancient pine forest around the bottom"
    "Now we need a spring fed river flowing down the north side and add some wild life appropriate for the biome"
    Many TBs of assets and the programming of something like that is going to be tough but I think it's something we might see in 20 years maybe sooner
    @Psionic Roshambo AI assisted game creation is kinda already here, there was recently that AI that can turn any 2D image into a fully modeled 3D object, it's not perfect, but it's a starting point, beats starting from zero
    +1
    before that there was one to generate a fully modeled scene from a 2D image
    +1
    but most recently, there was one that actually generates a working unity scene with terrain and textures already set up that you can import right into unity, that's a huge time saver right there
    +1
    and using LLMs to generate NPC dialogue and even dynamically generated quests is something i'm sure is already happening
    +1
    will just take some time for games made using those things to be completed and released
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @The Real Jdbye, it's bed bath and beyond you nitwit
    @K3Nv2 you said instructions with pictures, same difference
    Lol now with 32GBs of VRAM Ken?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No IKEA shit breaks within a month bed bath and beyond goes beyond
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Plus pictures don't always cut it with furniture when there's like 10 different bolt styles and they're just like figure it out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's not like how people whack it to uremums onlyfans :teach:
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's not like how people whack it to uremums onlyfans :teach: