• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Joe Biden Wins - Becomes 46th president of the United States

• Thread starter yusuo
  • Start date
  • Views 435,401
  • Replies 7,444
  • Likes 45
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly @Lacius and @tabzer I am getting tired of you both playing that little game of "I'm right, no I'M RIGHT!".

Pages and pages of pointless argument over something as simple as "show evidence of voting fraud", simply because each side is refusing to post their sources as long as the other one doesn't.

Sure this is pretty amusing to watch but damn I seriously wonder if you don't have anything better to do with your free time instead.

I won't be exaggerating saying this "argument" has been going for over 100 pages now.

Maybe is it time to maybe back up the statements (both of yours) instead of being so stubborn about waiting for the other person to make a move first?

Just passing by and felt like posting my observation.
Have a good day folks.
With all due respect, I've backed up the claims I've made, he's hasn't backed up the claims he's made (I listed them and literally did all of the work I can humanly do to help him attempt to do so), and I've said numerous times that in the absence of evidence from him, all we are doing is bickering, and I'm uninterested in bickering.

This isn't a "both sides are wrong" situation, and it's silly to say it is. If I were you, I'd delete his offending posts and mine that quote the offending posts.

Edit: I don't need it, but an argument can be made that I should also get an apology for being lumped into the same category as him.

Last edited by Lacius,

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
With all due respect, I've backed up the claims I've made, he's hasn't backed up the claims he's made (I listed them and literally did all of the work I can humanly do to help him attempt to do so), and I've said numerous times that in the absence of evidence from him, all we are doing is bickering, and I'm uninterested in bickering.

This isn't a "both sides are wrong" situation, and it's silly to say it is. If I were you, I'd delete his offending posts and mine that quote the offending posts.

Edit: I don't need it, but an argument can be made that I should also get an apology for being lumped into the same category as him.
Don't even worry about it you haven't done anything wrong at all unlike others with their hidden racist and transphobic comments.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't even worry about it you haven't done anything wrong at all unlike others with their hidden racist and transphobic comments.
Yeah, I haven't gone backwards in the thread, but I'm curious if the "being trans is a mental illness" or "being Democratic is a mental illness" posts received the same attention from staff.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah, I haven't gone backwards in the thread, but I'm curious if the "being trans is a mental illness" or "being Democratic is a mental illness" posts received the same attention from staff.
I don't think so as they were reported by me and others but nothing done as usual.

UltraSUPRA

[title removed by staff]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
m90kz1jlu0061.jpg

Reactions: NuadaXXX

Doran754

Conform comrades
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't think so as they were reported by me and others but nothing done as usual.

Leftist's stifling free speech, colour me shocked. There's a word for people who dont tolerate dissenting voices or opinions.

Reactions: UltraSUPRA

SonowRaevius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A lot of these are laughable at best and seriously reaching to near conspiracy theorist bullshit at worst, especially when you consider that this was sent on a device that is probably being monitored at this very moment.

Also reeks of "Everything I don't agree with is Communism" that people on the right seem to love to subscribe to.

Reactions: IncredulousP

UltraSUPRA

[title removed by staff]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A lot of these are laughable at best and seriously reaching to near conspiracy theorist bullshit at worst, especially when you consider that this was sent on a device that is probably being monitored at this very moment.

Also reeks of "Everything I don't agree with is Communism" that people on the right seem to love to subscribe to.
Thank you for saying nothing of value and instead merely calling me a red scare conspiracy nut (honestly anyone with more than two brain cells would be) and leaving all points intact.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada

I admit I may have poorly worded my post. I just woke up when I scrolled through more pages of it and just thought, you know, screw this, I feel like saying that.
Accusations was not the intention, but pointing out wasted time and bickering going nowhere was.

I too wanted to see evidence of backed up claims, but constantly reading through "If you have nothing to show, don't talk" over and over felt exactly like what I described.
That was nothing personal against yourself or anyone else, really.
It just gets old to hear one say they have evidence of something but refuse to show them, and the other constantly giving them attention, even if valid points were brought on the table, they may have been missed, and for that I apologise.

That being said, I also do not have anything useful to post in this thread, and so expecting users to have a conversation going somewhere probably was setting expectations too high.
One thing I can say for sure is that I do hope things get settled for good, regarding how the world is going.

I hate to say it, but it may be time I leave this site. My free time allegedly isn't being put to good use.

As far as I know reports are handled the best we judge, (I also have taken a bunch of them when I could), even if it may take a few hours/days, we eventually take care of them.
Can't just straight up censor people, so yeah, posts I do not like too may remain.

Haven't you heard? I'm part of the problem.
Ah come on now. I think it's fair to say everyone is part of the problem, one way or another.
Nothing personal to anyone in here.

By the way, free speech doesn't mean a person is allowed be an asshole, but I think most of us know that already.
Anyone is entitled to an opinion, even if it's not the one another person agrees to.
As long as it remains somewhat respectful that's as far as that can go.

And now I suppose that's enough time from me posting in this thread for a bit, keep the discussion going folks. :grog:

Reactions: tabzer and GABO1423

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for saying nothing of value and instead merely calling me a red scare conspiracy nut (honestly anyone with more than two brain cells would be) and leaving all points intact.
YES, They can only attack Supra Crazy illogical thinking not in what he said. I mean SUPRA KNOWS!!! it does not matter he's a 15 year homeschool kid that does not have any contact with the outside world beside similar minded people. or that he's still only getting a C, C+ at most in civics class...from home. The only thing that matters is he's claim that He's personal "Freedom" over rules any one else Freedom or Safety..

I really like how this thread with from Biden lost to Biden Cheated and end up as Biden takes away rights lol

Reactions: ghjfdtg

Kurt91

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Regarding the mentioned transgender ban in the military, I'd like to play Devil's Advocate for just a moment.

I'm not entirely familiar with the entire process, not being transgender myself, but isn't there a life-long hormone medication that you have to take? In the military, that may not always be available to you. If you're in a warzone, behind enemy lines, people fighting and dying around you, literal worst-case scenario, is the top priority of the higher-ups going to be making sure you have a steady supply of your hormone medication? The military also has medical requirements that you have to meet in order to join as well, for similar reasons. I have asthma, I doubt that the military wants to be in the same situation for me, just replacing "hormone medication" with "inhaler". I'm not going to be upset because there's an asthma ban in the military, there's a reason for it. Wouldn't it be the same situation regarding a transgender ban?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Why do that when they make bogus accounts