• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Joe Biden is now officially the 46th President of the United States of America

Should this thread be locked?

• Yes

Votes: 27 64.3%
  • No

Votes: 15 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

omgcat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It doesn't prove either. Having no proof is not a positive, it's a negative. Creationist Fallacy.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Ok, but 45% less carbon dioxide is still a lot of carbon dioxide if it were to be done on an industrial level. It's still bad.

More info? This is news to me.

https://e360.yale.edu/features/how-eating-seaweed-can-help-cows-to-belch-less-methane

https://phys.org/news/2019-05-cultivate-seaweed-slashes-greenhouse-emission.html

Well if it was xenophobic and racist to ban people traveling to the US when there was no vaccine, how does it excuse a travel ban when there is? And Biden only added South Africa ... travel from most of Europe and Brazil was banned too.

maybe because the circumstances are different? there is a new strain that is more infectious and possibly vaccine resistant? the south Africa variant and UK/EU variants are fucked so we are trying to keep it out. honestly all flights consumer flights(even between states) should be grounded until we get this shit under control.

wartutor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Again, counting the print-outs was not what was requested. What the Republicans wanted to see was the data directly on the machines as compared to the data on the print-outs. Counting the same data twice obviously gave the same result twice. It was a huge waste of everyone's time. As I said though, that's inconsequential now since a new president was already inaugurated.
that and it would help if you could put an actual person with each mail in ballots. There is no way to check and make sure any of them were real or if they are the actual ones filled out and signed by the real voter and not swapped.mail in ballots should of never happened. Too many factors makes it easy for a "politically powerful" individual to rig said election and leaves doubt in alot of people's minds.

Purple_Shyguy

Trophies
XP
Country
https://e360.yale.edu/features/how-eating-seaweed-can-help-cows-to-belch-less-methane

https://phys.org/news/2019-05-cultivate-seaweed-slashes-greenhouse-emission.html

maybe because the circumstances are different? there is a new strain that is more infectious and possibly vaccine resistant? the south Africa variant and UK/EU variants are fucked so we are trying to keep it out. honestly all flights consumer flights(even between states) should be grounded until we get this shit under control.
You're right the circumstances are different. It's not trump so it's literally "it's ok when we do it"

wartutor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There was systemic violence against press and peaceful protestors by police.

https://forensic-architecture.org/investigation/police-brutality-at-the-black-lives-matter-protests

It also doesn't matter with regard to my larger point about how what Trump did was systemic, by design, and instigated by him, and anything done by bad actors at BLM protests was not systemic nor instigated by BLM.

It's apples and oranges.
Edited clips and videos of police subduing rioters without actually having the full story and what's actually goin on at the time isn't proof and you should be ashamed for providing it as such

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
that and it would help if you could put an actual person with each mail in ballots. There is no way to check and make sure any of them were real or if they are the actual ones filled out and signed by the real voter and not swapped.mail in ballots should of never happened. Too many factors makes it easy for a "politically powerful" individual to rig said election and leaves doubt in alot of people's minds.
FIrst they (evelopes) are (should be? (based on criteria in the EU)) printed on special paper, that doesnt allow them to be reprinted or forged easily. Second, postal system would notice. Third Electoral offices would notice -- if there is a gross difference in count.

Second, they are sent to 'known home addresses'. That are registered as 'specific people live there'. So any fraud attempt that could 'scale' would have to target the post office, and not individual homes. In my country (EU) you also sign the envelopes, once sealed so that can be compare to a signature from you on record. (That said, graphology is not a science.)
You suggest to replace 'do people have a registered home address' with 'do people have a registered ID'. So how much does that help in your mind?

Third: You make double voting a crime, so people are less likely to fill out 'grannies vote' for them, because granny can go to the police. Also you make them feel bad, because - wtf are you doing. Meaning, there will be individual cases - but thats also not an issue at scale.

Fourth: None of this is especially suitable for 'targeted' voter fraud (meaning, isolating one parties votes and replacing them with another parties votes). So in the end you'd have to 'burn' _all_ vote in a district to engage in any substantial fraud? Also if youd do that - and overdo it with 'stuffing votes' from one party, this will show up in 'statistical likelyhood' checks all over the place - so people will know that you've done it (unless you are super lucky - and only stuff the amount thats statistically probable - while throwing away a bunch of votes you dont know how they've voted in bulk, to replace in bulk).

Fifth: Then the Trump campaign still claims, that bags with thousands of votes showed up at electoral offices out of the blue - meaning, if you can ensure that - why the hell do you bother with manipulating the vote per mail system? Or the other way around - if the Trump campaign cant even prevent that from happening (in their dreams, btw) - why the hell bother tampering with mail votes?

Summery: In his final speech before the Capitol riots, Trump used 100 different potential reasons of how the electoral system could be tempered with as 'proof' - instead of 'having proof', and didnt especially focus on mail in voting (in fact - none of the accusations made in the end focused much on mail voting at all) - so why do you?

Also - Grandpa gets to vote, when he is white, but the black family accross the street isnt allowed to? (Black people less often have voter ID.) Because thats apparently what Trump signaled to his fans all along...
see: https://www.npr.org/sections/codesw.../the-racial-history-of-the-grandfather-clause

And if you want to pull the 'illegals voting' excuse for the last one - how many illegals do you know with state registered home addresses?

Last edited by notimp,

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
that and it would help if you could put an actual person with each mail in ballots.
And it would ruin anonymous voting - which comes with a whole lot of negative side effects you wouldnt want to trigger.

So far its possible to put an actual person with each envelope that arrives. (Name and signature on the envelope, or Name and an 'order ID' type of system.) As soon as the envelope is opened and the voting slip is seperated (in another envelope), the vote gets anonymized - which is by design.

(People dont pay to produce the second envelope, because they like envelopes, and think, that you'd also enjoy a second one...)

In practice - you had staffers at voting places whining, that they didnt know that the 'opening the outer envelope' procedure was important and should be done with voting inspectors present, and you had signature comparisons waved, if there were too few people to handle the influx 'in time'.

Still leaves a bunch of other checks active. Together with the fact, thats not easy to forge those voting forms.

Also no coordinated attempt of voterfraud ('scalable' beyond targeting 'one person at a time') was detected in the federal elections.

Last edited by notimp,

Mike_Swe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Tell that to the over 400,000 Americans who have died

Sad but most that died were actually around the already known life expectency in America no need to fret as I said

How man of them were under 75 without serious co-morbididies? and how does that for example compare to the chance of drowning I promise its not a big number and it absolutely does not justify turning off the economy in the entire world.

FYI your life expectancy in America is:

https://www.simplyinsurance.com/average-us-life-expectancy-statistics/#section-5

Plasmaster09

Social Justice Potato
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sad but most that died were actually around the already known life expectency in America no need to fret as I said

How man of them were under 75 without serious co-morbididies? and how does that for example compare to the chance of drowning I promise its not a big number and it absolutely does not justify turning off the economy in the entire world.

FYI your life expectancy in America is:

https://www.simplyinsurance.com/average-us-life-expectancy-statistics/#section-5
>400k people died
"Sad but I'm going to spout some soulless, apathetic bullshit so that I can avoid caring about the global pandemic that is mostly being escalated by dumbasses like me"

Mike_Swe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
>400k people died
"Sad but I'm going to spout some soulless, apathetic bullshit so that I can avoid caring about the global pandemic that is mostly being escalated by dumbasses like me"

LOL and you are one of those that think your fear should rule others, go back to bed boy.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
This thread is fucking stupid now. The trolls have taken over all meaningful discussion. Now we're just back to insults, 'but muh election fraud' and 'but muh sleepy man bad'.
Honestly, I feel at this point the only purpose for this thread still being open is to contain the stupid so it doesn’t spread into more threads.

Last edited by The Catboy,

Plasmaster09

Social Justice Potato
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, I feel at this point the only purpose for this thread still being open is to contain the stupid so it doesn’t spread into more threads.
oh my god
this thread just contains and isolates the dumbest and most deranged ideologies and ideas to prevent it from infecting other threads with its sheer dumbassery
it's morontine

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Darth Meteos

Entertainer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That was a factor in me making it, aside from legitimate discussion. When the election thread went down, it's just gonna spread elsewhere. Here I can talk about Biden and the moves he's making in a reasonable context, and also witness the forest fire.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
And Foxi didn't believe me when I said we'd need a cope megathread for butthurt Trumpkins. Now this is that thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.