• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Joe Biden is now officially the 46th President of the United States of America

Should this thread be locked?

• Yes

Votes: 27 64.3%
  • No

Votes: 15 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Plasmaster09

Social Justice Potato
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honest question here: how is "voting fraud" any different from "russian intervention"? They both seem like pretty stupid conspiracy nutjobs, yet I see the left constantly mocking the right for it while at the same time doing the same exact thing. How are you guys not worried about the huge amount of hypocrisy that is at the core of the Democrats nowadays? You literally have Biden saying two completely contradictory things and clap like seals. You guys have come to the point where you would literally follow Hitler to the death and do his bidding with no hesitation and still call yourself "anti fascist". I'd be very worried about that. (Important Note: I am NOT republican or right or left of whatever, I'm a NORMAL person that critically thinks about the different parties without having a hardon for any particular one as if it was a national football team).

Russians didn't need to intervene in the past elections and Biden didn't need to do election fraud; nobody wanted Hillary, and nobody wanted Trump again, it's was a case of "the least evil". No real patriot, neither Democrat nor Republican, should be proud of this.
There's at least a grain of evidence of Russian intervention.
Not likely enough to actually change the winner, but enough to notice and prove.
We're generally not using "Russia fucked shit up" as a way to claim the election results themselves were invalid, we're using it along with Trump's other ties to Russia as one more reason he's fundamentally corrupt.
also...
"You literally have Biden saying two completely contradictory things and clap like seals. You guys have come to the point where you would literally follow Hitler to the death and do his bidding with no hesitation and still call yourself "anti fascist". I'd be very worried about that."
"Important Note: I am NOT republican or right or left of whatever, I'm a NORMAL person that critically thinks about the different parties without having a hardon for any particular one as if it was a national football team."
You beat the argument to death with the balance fallacy and golden mean fallacy, spout some of the most outrageous claims I've ever heard in our direction while completely ignoring the guys that stormed the damn capital about three weeks ago and actively tried to overturn the results of an election because their leader was a sore loser and they believed him without question, and then act like you're somehow still not biased in either direction.
What the hell?

Acid_Snake

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
There's at least a grain of evidence of Russian intervention.
Not likely enough to actually change the winner, but enough to notice and prove.
We're generally not using "Russia fucked shit up" as a way to claim the election results themselves were invalid, we're using it along with Trump's other ties to Russia as one more reason he's fundamentally corrupt.
The thing is, the same applies to Biden, his connections with China (if you think being friends with China is better than being friends with Russia I have some bad news for you, you're literally following a Nazi country).
Again, bashing Trump for being allied with Russia while applauding an ally of China is probably the most hypocritical thing I've ever seen. How about this: keep foreign powers out of your politics (ALL OF THEM, not just the ones that you don't like, not just the ones that are allied with your political oponents, ALL OF THEM).

completely ignoring the guys that stormed the damn capital about three weeks ago and actively tried to overturn the results of an election because their leader was a sore loser and they believed him without question, and then act like you're somehow still not biased in either direction.
What the hell?
The hell does the capital storm have to do with anything I said? Also its funny how you talk about this but don't say a single word about BLM and Antifa riots that destroyed city after city, killed tens of people and were inheritently violent. Yet I don't see the army being used against BLM like they were used for the capitol.
Trumptists storming the capitol was the stupidest thing ever and gold mine of memes, it sparks nothing but laughter at such idiots, BLM riots sparkled fear and were something to be very worried about.
So then again, hypocrisy at its finest, which seems to be the main driving force behind democrats nowadays.

Plasmaster09

Social Justice Potato
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The thing is, the same applies to Biden, his connections with China (if you think being friends with China is better than being friends with Russia I have some bad news for you, you're literally following a Nazi country).
Again, bashing Trump for being allied with Russia while applauding an ally of China is probably the most hypocritical thing I've ever seen. How about this: keep foreign powers out of your politics (ALL OF THEM, not just the ones that you don't like, not just the ones that are allied with your political oponents, ALL OF THEM).

The hell does the capital storm have to do with anything I said? Also its funny how you talk about this but don't say a single word about BLM and Antifa riots that destroyed city after city, killed tens of people and were inheritently violent. Yet I don't see the army being used against BLM like they were used for the capitol.
Trumptists storming the capitol was the stupidest thing ever and gold mine of memes, it sparks nothing but laughter at such idiots, BLM riots sparkled fear and were something to be very worried about.
So then again, hypocrisy at its finest, which seems to be the main driving force behind democrats nowadays.
ok so
first off, way to bring in the strawmen and re-invoke godwin's law
like really?
and it's not like china has proven to be linked to Biden's win itself
and besides, all I said on that front was that we're not using it as an excuse to claim the election itself was invalid, while trumpers are doing so (despite a complete lack of reliable evidence)
and in terms of the capitol riot vs the BLM riots...
BLM protests were never intentionally violent, or at the very least no individual protest was done with intent of violence from the start. Most of the violence in BLM protests was either from police over-escalating things (which was one of the major things they were protesting, ironically enough) or from far-right counter-protestors like Jake Angeli.
The Capitol riot, on the other hand, was in fact intentionally violent through and through- and the entire point was to use violence to threaten the electors into submission.
And the police response? Dude, they fucking gassed us but let you guys just stroll on through.
You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

Reactions: Deleted User

Doran754

Conform comrades
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ok so
first off, way to bring in the strawmen and re-invoke godwin's law
like really?
and it's not like china has proven to be linked to Biden's win itself
and besides, all I said on that front was that we're not using it as an excuse to claim the election itself was invalid, while trumpers are doing so (despite a complete lack of reliable evidence)
and in terms of the capitol riot vs the BLM riots...
BLM protests were never intentionally violent, or at the very least no individual protest was done with intent of violence from the start. Most of the violence in BLM protests was either from police over-escalating things (which was one of the major things they were protesting, ironically enough) or from far-right counter-protestors like Jake Angeli.
The Capitol riot, on the other hand, was in fact intentionally violent through and through- and the entire point was to use violence to threaten the electors into submission.
And the police response? Dude, they fucking gassed us but let you guys just stroll on through.
You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

Prove to me BLM protests were never INTENTIONALLY violent and Trump protestors were, if you can't stfu with this my side good yours bad bs

Plasmaster09

Social Justice Potato
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Prove to me BLM protests were never INTENTIONALLY violent and Trump protestors were, if you can't stfu with this my side good yours bad bs
ok so
BLM violence: you guys claim they're violent on purpose, prove it- that's how the burden of proof works, and how things would work in court (innocent until proven guilty)
Trump riot violence: let's see... bombs, clear preparation, a fucking noose with rioters chanting "Hang Pence"... need I spell it out for you?

Doran754

Conform comrades
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
50498527-E355-4D72-A922-814A47959E19.jpeg
ok so
BLM violence: you guys claim they're violent on purpose, prove it- that's how the burden of proof works, and how things would work in court (innocent until proven guilty)
Trump riot violence: let's see... bombs, clear preparation, a fucking noose with rioters chanting "Hang Pence"... need I spell it out for you?

I'm not the one making the same asinine claims all the damn time. "TrUmP sUpPorTeRs BaD BLM gOoOoOoOd" You haven't got an original thought in your brain, you just spew out the same shit over and over. There's bad and good people on both sides. The difference is one side looted, riotted and burned down cities for over 6 months. The other didn't.

*in before not an imageboard*

Yeah like I said, good and bad people on both sides. David Dern ring a bell? Shall we continue tarring every single person with the same brush, thought Biden supporters were all about unity.

Last edited by Doran754,

Plasmaster09

Social Justice Potato
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not the one making the same asinine claims all the damn time. "TrUmP sUpPorTeRs BaD BLM gOoOoOoOd" You haven't got an original thought in your brain, you just spew out the same shit over and over. There's bad and good people on both sides. The difference is one side looted, riotted and burned down cities for over 6 months. The other didn't.
dude
burden of proof
you are claiming BLM protests were intentionally violent and that the Capitol riot was not
it should be your job to prove BOTH claims because that's how the burden of proof actually works, but I went ahead and disproved one for you
now prove the other one or shut the ever-living fuck up about it

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trump and his supporters provoked an insurrection against the Capitol. BLM did not. The problems with Trump and his supporters are systemic and by design. The problems with BLM are not. It should also be noted that much of the violence at BLM protests is police-instigated, not BLM-instigated.

There's no comparison to be made.

Doran754

Conform comrades
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
dude
burden of proof
you are claiming BLM protests were intentionally violent and that the Capitol riot was not
it should be your job to prove BOTH claims because that's how the burden of proof actually works, but I went ahead and disproved one for you
now prove the other one or shut the ever-living fuck up about it

There's no burden of proof on me you eejit. You're the one making claims about Trump supporters intentionally being violent and covering your eyes to all the violence by BLM for the last 12 months because like all people who think like you, you're a massive hypocrite.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Trump and his supporters provoked an insurrection against the Capitol. BLM did not. The problems with Trump and his supporters are systemic and by design. The problems with BLM are not. It should also be noted that much of the violence at BLM protests is police-instigated, not BLM-instigated.

There's no comparison to be made.

Back your claims up with proof, prove to me the police instigated the violence. You're just hiding behind bullshit as per. "Do as we say not as we do"

Plasmaster09

Social Justice Potato
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's no burden of proof on me you eejit. You're the one making claims about Trump supporters intentionally being violent and covering your eyes to all the violence by BLM for the last 12 months because like all people who think like you, you're a massive hypocrite.
you made the claim about BLM protests being violent
the claim I made, I have actual evidence for
you have no evidence of intentional BLM violence
prove it or stfu
Back your claims up with proof, prove to me the police instigated the violence. You're just hiding behind bullshit as per. "Do as we say not as we do"
you seem to misunderstand how proof works
you made the original claim (that BLM protests were intentionally violent, and thus that the violence was instigated almost solely by protestors)
you must prove it and provide evidence
that is it
there's nothing else to say
that is the burden of proof and it is on you
if I say "shamzie's a pedo" or other major accusations, it is my job to prove it, not yours to disprove it
the same applies here

Last edited by Plasmaster09,

Doran754

Conform comrades
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Reactions: CORE

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

There was systemic violence against press and peaceful protestors by police.

https://forensic-architecture.org/investigation/police-brutality-at-the-black-lives-matter-protests

It also doesn't matter with regard to my larger point about how what Trump did was systemic, by design, and instigated by him, and anything done by bad actors at BLM protests was not systemic nor instigated by BLM.

It's apples and oranges.

Plasmaster09

Social Justice Potato
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'

I've got tonnes of evidence. Are you blind aswell as dumb, I guess the black police officer murdered by BLM doesn't count. I guess the Trump supporter killed in Oregon by BLM doesn't count. https://www.ft.com/content/ba0bc6d3-f498-459b-b722-b7d0469193fe

get back in your echo chamber.
first off... can you at least try to provide evidence the average person can view? whatever tf that is needs a paid subscription.
second off, the article title doesn't even imply that it was just due to BLM ("man dies as Trump supporters and BLM protestors clash", making it unclear as to who did what or who ultimately caused his demise)
third off, if you have tons of evidence then actually provide it
you made the claims, prove it with verifiable evidence
you've posted a grand total of one (paywalled) link that may or may not actually prove your point
oh and before you ask, here's some evidence that the Capitol riot was in no way shape or form "peaceful" or "unintentionally violent"
https://www.wusa9.com/article/news/...tails/65-d3fe68e9-0b79-4882-95ed-070da6abf2ee
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/co...ge-certification-updates-n1252864/ncrd1253129
https://nypost.com/2021/01/14/ayanna-pressleys-panic-buttons-torn-out-before-capitol-riot/
bombs, panic buttons and nooses, oh my

Doran754

Conform comrades
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
first off... can you at least try to provide evidence the average person can view? whatever tf that is needs a paid subscription.
second off, the article title doesn't even imply that it was just due to BLM ("man dies as Trump supporters and BLM protestors clash", making it unclear as to who did what or who ultimately caused his demise)
third off, if you have tons of evidence then actually provide it
you made the claims, prove it with verifiable evidence
you've posted a grand total of one (paywalled) link that may or may not actually prove your point
oh and before you ask, here's some evidence that the Capitol riot was in no way shape or form "peaceful" or "unintentionally violent"
https://www.wusa9.com/article/news/...tails/65-d3fe68e9-0b79-4882-95ed-070da6abf2ee
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/co...ge-certification-updates-n1252864/ncrd1253129
https://nypost.com/2021/01/14/ayanna-pressleys-panic-buttons-torn-out-before-capitol-riot/
bombs, panic buttons and nooses, oh my

Because you can't look yourself.

Because murdering Trump supporters in Oregon isn't enough evidence. Because one guy being murdered isn't enough to provide evidence of violence.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/suspect-f...-trump-supporter-gun-pocket/story?id=73609495

There you go your Majesty.

"In before LOL ABC NEWS TOPKEK try and give me a source that can be trusted like CNN"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viole...Forbes, as of,people died during the protests.

Because 19 deaths caused by BLM rioting everywhere isn't enough evidence. It's ONLY trump supporters. You're totally right and not chatting complete and utter shite as usual.
There was systemic violence against press and peaceful protestors by police.

https://forensic-architecture.org/investigation/police-brutality-at-the-black-lives-matter-protests

It also doesn't matter with regard to my larger point about how what Trump did was systemic, by design, and instigated by him, and anything done by bad actors at BLM protests was not systemic nor instigated by BLM.

It's apples and oranges.

Defending BLM causing atleast 19 deaths and millions upon millions of damage to homes and business because "muh opressed, but lemme loot that PS5 real quick and some new trainers" as fighting the system. You'll see it how you'll see it I guess. Easy to defend those if you refuse to look and cover your eyes.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

I am not interested in sides, but Trump and BLM are off topic for this thread.

This thread is about Joe Biden, the 46th president of the united states of america.

If you can't ...

Last edited by smf,

Plasmaster09

Social Justice Potato
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because you can't look yourself.

Because murdering Trump supporters in Oregon isn't enough evidence. Because one guy being murdered isn't enough to provide evidence of violence.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/suspect-f...-trump-supporter-gun-pocket/story?id=73609495

There you go your Majesty.

"In before LOL ABC NEWS TOPKEK try and give me a source that can be trusted like CNN"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Violence_and_controversies_during_the_George_Floyd_protests#:~:text=According to Forbes, as of,people died during the protests.

Because 19 deaths caused by BLM rioting everywhere isn't enough evidence. It's ONLY trump supporters. You're totally right and not chatting complete and utter shite as usual.

Defending BLM causing atleast 19 deaths and millions upon millions of damage to homes and business because "muh opressed, but lemme loot that PS5 real quick and some new trainers" as fighting the system. You'll see it how you'll see it I guess. Easy to defend those if you refuse to look and cover your eyes.
No, I'm not going to deny actual decent evidence.
Good on you for finally providing some- and as mentioned prior, it was in fact your job to provide it the entire time instead of just telling me to look.
19 over the course of a month (well, vague month), huh? Upon closer reading, a good 4 or 5 of those were protestors or non-protesting innocents killed by either police or far-right counter-protestors.
Even then, that's 14-15 in about a month- and a month filled with a shit-ton of protests. You're also ignoring the large amount of violence against even the press reporting on the protests (which you can see in the very article you cited) as well as all the violence by far-right groups and police- but all of that is either fine because nobody died, or [insert new bullshit goalpost-moving excuse here] I guess.
But even if all of this lines up where you're right and I'm wrong, and all nineteen were by protestors on purpose with clear intent to kill and absolutely no acts of violence were committed by police or counter-protestors...
on a day-to-day average, that's still not even HALF as bad as the Capitol riot.
BLM protests gone bad: about 0.6 deaths/day, uncoordinated, never targeted at specific individuals.
Capitol riot: 5 deaths (partially due to Trump's refusal to actually send the National Guard), actually freaking planned, intended to injure and intimidate (if not outright kill, which in some cases was the intent) major government officials.
I am not interested in sides, but Trump and BLM are off topic for this thread. So SFTU.
I mean, Trump at least is on topic, but yeah.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I mean, Trump at least is on topic, but yeah.

The topic is "joe biden is now officially the 46th president of the united states of america".Trump is not the president of the united states of america. He lost.

Any mention of him is just whataboutism. I'm probably guilty of mentioning him, but can't we all just forget the sad loser.

What would also be good is if Trump trolls didn't make shit up about Joe Biden or twist things because they can't bear the thought of Trump losing. It would be great if they could take out their anger elsewhere.

Last edited by smf,

Plasmaster09

Social Justice Potato
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The topic is "joe biden is now officially the 46th president of the united states of america".Trump is not the president of the united states of america. He lost.

Any mention of him is just whataboutism. I'm probably guilty of mentioning him, but can't we all just forget the sad loser.

What would also be good is if Trump trolls didn't make shit up about Joe Biden or twist things because they can't bear the thought of Trump losing. It would be great if they could take out their anger elsewhere.
Fair point. Viva la Biden!

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: c