1. Foxi4

Foxi4 GBAtemp's Biggest Women Respecter™
    Global Moderator

Poland
    And 544 reported dead from the virus. One of those numbers is bigger than the other, assuming you're correct. If I were in a high risk group, I would 100% err on the side of caution and take the vaccine developed by medical professionals over crossing my fingers and burying myself underground for the next year or two. Thankfully my chances of catching it are low, let alone dying from it, so I have the luxury of being able to wait for my turn, once the vaccine is more wide-spread and available to the general public.

gamefan5, Plasmaster09 and tabzer like this.
  2. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

United States
    It would be irresponsible for me to let you peddle anti-vaccination nonsense.

3. tabzer

tabzer Newbie

Japan
    I just wonder what caused such a spike. Is it a genetic think that wasn't considered in the formulation, allergy, or a bad batch, idk. But the news had made its round here, and have had people remaining skeptical about the genuineness of the vaccine.

4. Foxi4

Foxi4 GBAtemp's Biggest Women Respecter™
    Global Moderator

Poland
    The only possible side effect I've read about so far was temporary Bell's Palsy, and that was limited to the Pfizer vaccine and unconfirmed to be caused by the vaccine. Anti-vax nonsense is not acceptable - if there are any scientifically proven side effects then such claims must be substantiated with relevant studies.

Or coincidence, since the number is incredibly low. Claims like this must be substantiated, otherwise you're just guessing. If I take the vaccine and have a car accident later, that's not the vaccine's fault. You have to consider externalities, a lot of the patients taking it are already old.

gamefan5 and Cryoraptor like this.
  5. Cryoraptor

Cryoraptor GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Insert Knuckles "oh no" soundbyte

So they had the vaccine and dropped dead? :rofl2:

6. tabzer

tabzer Newbie

Japan
    Yeah, you are right that the context is scrutinized... At least more so in the West:

https://mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN29P2R1

People here talk, socially, at work and such. I'm just sharing what I was on the reception end of things. I've already accepted the fact that I may get Covid and will have to self-isolate.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

"Haha". Ok. Yes, that's how it sounded. It seemed like a freak anomoly, and there is no reason why it wouldn't scare people here.

7. tomasowa

tomasowa GBAtemp Regular

United States
    One thing I do respect is the fact that the new Government admitted the current Vaccines don't affect the new Mutations.
    That is a no-brainer and it would be insulting to be told otherwise.

They then went one step further to explain that even with the Mutations, current-gen Vaccines will help buffer the population.
    That makes perfect sense and is the type of reassuring Government response I'd expect from people who know their Fields.

Last edited by tomasowa, Jan 23, 2021
  8. tabzer

tabzer Newbie

Japan
    What do you mean? Please risk insulting me and explaining.

9. Cryoraptor
    This message by Cryoraptor has been removed from public view by Sicklyboy, Jan 23, 2021, Reason: Garbage.
    Jan 23, 2021
  10. tomasowa

tomasowa GBAtemp Regular

United States
    There's no intention to insult you in any way with this; it would insult my intelligence if they purported the current-gen Vaccine is a one-size-fits-all solution to a problem it wasn't designed for.

The Vaccine was created to cater to the Strain that was used to develop it, so newer strains aren't factored into its efficacy because, how could they.

Even with the fact that Mutations is a commonplace occurrence, they would not be able to predict which Strain would develop over the masses, so creating any sort of medication is always after-the-fact; that is the given that would be insulting to not be acknowledged.

So with the current Vaccine rollout, the Government acknowledged that Mutations aren't part of the consideration but even without it, if people take the current-gen there would enough of a buffer for COVID-19 to not spread as fast, and possibly Herd Immunity.

I would assume the current Pharmaceutical companies would be incentivised to create for the new Mutations for future releases, because money, so we'll definitely be looking at newer version augmenting the current supply.

tabzer likes this.
  11. tabzer

tabzer Newbie

Japan
    So the "good" vaccination will be evolving, hopefully, as rapidly as the Covid strains?

I wonder if we will start seeing cases where people are overlapping their inoculations to keep with the trend.

12. tomasowa

tomasowa GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Your observation is the eventuality that should've been told up-front.

I hope that the patronising of the general public will stop with the new year and Government.

Last edited by tomasowa, Jan 23, 2021
  13. scroeffie1984

scroeffie1984 GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    joe biden is not the president of amerika ,dont be angry at me this is commen sense

tabzer likes this.
  14. Cryoraptor

Cryoraptor GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I'm starting to think Tabzer and a few others could be Russian trolls... The Russians are fucking everywhere trying to destabilise the west. Just look at Daily Mail or Sky News comments on YouTube.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Please tell me this is a troll:rofl2:

Plasmaster09 likes this.
  15. tomasowa

tomasowa GBAtemp Regular

United States
    ... Abort mission, Comrade.

tabzer likes this.
  16. D34DL1N3R

D34DL1N3R Nephilim

United States
    Ummmmmm. Lmfao. And they don't anywhere else? Regardless, you just said "Oh... I hear gossip and rumors and stuff from others when I'm eavesdropping at work, which I automatically take as fact, unless someone proves me wrong."

Last edited by D34DL1N3R, Jan 23, 2021
  17. tabzer

tabzer Newbie

Japan
    If I am destabilizing you then you should not be hanging out on the internet.

18. Cryoraptor
    This message by Cryoraptor has been removed from public view by Sicklyboy, Jan 23, 2021, Reason: Emote-only post.
    Jan 23, 2021
  19. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

United States
    The vaccines may be less effective against the new COVID-19 strains, but that doesn't mean the vaccines "don't affect" them.

20. tomasowa

tomasowa GBAtemp Regular

United States
    That is a valid point, because at this stage nobody can be sure.

I was referring to the original Press Conference statement, which I do support.
    While it's nice to be optimistic, it's nicer to have the lead Scientists be pragmatic and prepare for the worst outcome.

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best is the motto I live by so this approach of engaging the public works for me.

21. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

United States
    We have in vitro studies that show the vaccines are still effective against at least some of the new strains. If they are less effective against the new strains, that's all the more reason to vaccinate as many people possible as soon as possible, in order to mitigate the spread of these new strains.

In other words, if the vaccine offers 60% protection instead of 95%, for example, we need to get that vaccine in as many people as possible as soon as possible to reduce the number of likely disease vectors and reduce the odds of coming into contact with the new strains. It would result in an exponential decline in new strain cases.

22. tomasowa

tomasowa GBAtemp Regular

United States
    We're not at a disagreement here; Vaccination is the best solution until Medicine can be found.

The only issues I have are with MRNA Vaccination and how slow the information to the public has become, even from the Media who supposedly aren't biased and are working to empower the people.

That said, I'm starting to repeat myself, which isn't particularly useful.

tabzer likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - officially, President, America