15 vote(s)
    35.7%
  3. 42 voter(s)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BitMasterPlus

BitMasterPlus GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Yes I can, I was just explaining what I've seen how people like to talk here, which isn't different from other places I've been about conversation about politics. I've learned you can't fix stupid or evil, but it's fun to watch and take pity on those who are.

2. D34DL1N3R

D34DL1N3R Nephilim

United States
    Your holier than thou, finger pointing, gaslighting, hypocritical, narcissistic tactics are incredibly weak and you've freaked out in other topics over absolutely NOTHING.

AmandaRose and tabzer like this.
  3. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

United States
    The previous administration saw no real increase in the rate of job growth between when Obama left office and when the pandemic hit. It should also be noted that the previous administration's mishandling of the pandemic is a large reason why the economy was hit so hard, so give credit where credit is due.

Regarding the Democratic relief bill, about 30% alone went towards cash payments to individuals and unemployment benefits. 25% went to business loans, another 19% went to small business loans specifically, about 17% went to governmental COVID response, and about 9% went to public services like hospitals.

I don't see anything unrelated to pandemic relief. Even if I had been wrong, which I'm not, it would be laughably hyperbolic and absurd to say my "whole life is a lie." In other words, this kind of nonsensical hyperbole usually occurs when someone is overcompensating for being wrong.

Last edited by Lacius, May 8, 2021
  4. tabzer

tabzer Newbie

Japan
    The lockdowns caused the economy to be hit "so hard", and Trump didn't order that.

Honestly I don't believe you on the claim that "there was no real job growth" after Trump took office. It maybe true that the propaganda of such is effective, but why should someone believe you?

5. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

United States
    The former president's mishandling of the pandemic caused it, and the economic consequences, to be much worse than they needed to be. In addition, the Republican recovery bills were inadequate in response to the economic issues the former administration exacerbated.

It is an objective fact that the monthly job gains were roughly unchanged between when Obama left office and when the pandemic hit. I'm sorry if the facts are inconvenient for you.

6. tabzer

tabzer Newbie

Japan
    You are clearly avoiding saying how. Is this one of those,"why are you making me do this to you?!" situations?

Okay, so now you are extending the definition to mean that there was no meaningful job growth under Obama.

Classic lacius.

7. chrisrlink

chrisrlink Has a PhD in dueling

United States
    nope unless djpanda can hack accounts i doubt it i've been here since 09 WAAAYYY before the cestpool called the political subforum was incepted

8. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

United States
    The former administration denied the pandemic was serious, told people to go about their business as usual, denied masks should be worn, peddled dangerous misinformation about the pandemic constantly, and never seriously promoted vaccine use (we didn't find out he even received the vaccine until after he left office). The former administration also barely had a vaccination strategy. It's no wonder the pandemic exploded in the United States, which comes with the economic consequences one would reasonably expect.

I've posted numerous times in the election thread a thorough, but not full, list of how the former administration failed in its response to the pandemic. I refer you to it, since I know you've already seen it.

I'm not sure how anyone can reasonably jump to the conclusion that I'm claiming there was no meaningful job growth under Obama. His administration took us from the worst economic downturn since the Great Depression to a booming economy.

The problem for the former administration is that the rate of job growth stayed where it was after Obama left office. In fact, if you want to get picky, Obama's last three years of job growth (2014-2016, well after the Recession) were all better than the former administration's best year. The only meaningful effect the former administration had on the economy was the economic downturn that was the result of the pandemic and the administration's mishandling of the pandemic.

9. Darth Meteos

OP Darth Meteos Entertainer

United States
    so has djpannda
    you both joined within a month of each other
    coincidence? :unsure:

10. KingVamp

KingVamp Haaah-hahahaha!

United States
    So, how's that audit going?

Lacius likes this.
  11. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

United States
    I'm just glad to see someone is focusing on the issues that matter, like bamboo.

KingVamp likes this.
  12. Valwinz

Valwinz GBAtemp Fan

Puerto Rico
    Bidens america

13. Darth Meteos

United States
    Lacius likes this.
  14. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

United States
    This is coming from the same guy who said expanded unemployment benefits are why the April job numbers were low, even though the places with better unemployment benefits saw better job numbers in April, and places with fewer unemployment benefits saw worse job numbers in April. There probably isn't a lot of research going on.

15. KingVamp

KingVamp Haaah-hahahaha!

United States
    Sounds similar to this. Link

16. Valwinz

Valwinz GBAtemp Fan

Puerto Rico
    The Biden Cheer brigade defending his failing presidency is the best

BitMasterPlus likes this.
  17. chrisrlink

United States
    from wiki first paragraph about this guy
    "John Michael Posobiec III (/pəˈsoʊbɪk/ pə-SOH-bik; born December 14, 1985)[1] is an American alt-right[2][3][4] and alt-lite[5] political activist, conspiracy theorist,[6] and Internet troll.[7][8][9][10] Posobiec is best known for his pro-Donald Trump comments on Twitter, as well as using white supremacist and antisemitic symbols and talking points, including the white genocide conspiracy theory.[11][12][13][14] He has promoted fake news, including the debunked Pizzagate conspiracy theory claiming high-ranking Democratic Party officials were involved in a child sex ring.[15] Since 2018, Posobiec has been employed by One America News Network (OANN), a far-right cable news television channel, as a political correspondant...."when will you EVER LEARN?

Last edited by chrisrlink, May 8, 2021
    Xzi and AmandaRose like this.
  18. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

United States
    I can't find any objective metric that would suggest Biden's presidency is a failing presidency.

KingVamp, Xzi and AmandaRose like this.
  19. chrisrlink

United States
    so you like Nazi scumbags huh Valwinz? pretty much all you type here is alt-right garbage you don't use any fact checking laughable at best

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

funny how i was having an intelligent convo about Marxism,Communism (and the apparent misuse of Communism as a term to describe totalerism/dictatorship as an apparent "fix" to the current PS5/series scalping crisis but i'm derailing this thread so I'll stop

Last edited by chrisrlink, May 8, 2021
    Xzi and AmandaRose like this.
  20. Darth Meteos

United States
    hell of a projection from a guy who's the exact opposite
    dude, the only contributions you ever make on this thread are pieces of propaganda denouncing him

KingVamp, Xzi and AmandaRose like this.

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - officially, President, America

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.