• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Joe Biden is now officially the 46th President of the United States of America

Should this thread be locked?

• Yes

Votes: 27 64.3%
  • No

Votes: 15 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn biden has been in office for 1 day and everyone of his followers are saying steal from the rich and give free money to us. Typical democrats wanting "free money" that they didn't earn.
We're in the middle of a pandemic that has caused a lot of people to suffer economically, thanks largely in part to Trump. A stimulus check isn't only moral, but it's meant to also stimulate the economy, hence the name.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Damn biden has been in office for 1 day and everyone of his followers are saying steal from the rich and give free money to us. Typical democrats wanting "free money" that they didn't earn.
Let's all point and laugh at the guy who thinks Bezos "earns" thousands of dollars per minute. :rofl2:

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
We're in the middle of a pandemic that has caused a lot of people to suffer economically, thanks largely in part to Trump. A stimulus check isn't only moral, but it's meant to also stimulate the economy, hence the name.
One thing the two of us can agree on - the people deserve that money. Not only did the state force them to stay home in many instances, denying them their usual income, it's also their money in the first place.

Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
One thing the two of us can agree on - the people deserve that money. Not only did the state force them to stay home in many instances, denying them their usual income, it's also their money in the first place.

A crucial detail to be sure. I didn't expressly vote for, or against, the shutdowns or related measures - neither option was ever presented to me. The state declared an emergency and gave orders.

Reactions: Plasmaster09

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Missed that comment, so I'll respond to it now. The minimum wage shouldn't be increased, it should be abolished. The government setting an acceptable minimum wage disenfranchised workers at the bottom of the hierarchy by removing their bargaining power.

The workers at the bottom of the hierarchy had no bargaining power before minimum wage, which is why it was introduces. Abolishing the minimum wage and their wages would go lower.

Plasmaster09

Social Justice Potato
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I think it's safe to say that the one time it's completely and utterly inexcusable to label receiving money from the government as "undeserved" or "stealing" is when we're in the midst of a global pandemic that's fucked over almost everyone.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If people are underpaid, and nobody comes to work, then corporations will HAVE to pay them more.

Nope, they just find new people desperate enough.

Something I have to dedicate more time on before I form an opinion on it.

If your initial thought is lazy people and foreigners then I don't think you'll ever square the circle.

My situation would certainly change if we had UBI.

Yeah, I think it's safe to say that the one time it's completely and utterly inexcusable to label receiving money from the government as "undeserved" or "stealing" is when we're in the midst of a global pandemic that's fucked over almost everyone.

The thing that I'm really annoyed with in the UK is all the people who look down on those out of work and keep on pressuring welfare payments to be reduced, even for people who are too ill to work, as some kind of incentive to work. Then the pandemic hit and they are complaining they can't pay for all their high outgoings "through no fault of their own" and something must be done.

I personally would offer everyone the exact same amount that they pay to those out of work because they are disabled. If they can't live on that amount, then they should have thought about that earlier.

Last edited by smf,

wartutor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wasn't talking about stimulus I was talking about all the people hear screaming steal from the rich and give to the poor but thinks for showing how much tds you suffer from.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It takes a special kind of privilege to refer to political discourse about issues that directly affect people's livelihoods as "politicos chat nonsense."

Buckle up, Señor Privilegio. And screw off for implying that elections don't have direct consequences for people who don't have your level of privilege.
  1. It takes a special kind of privilege to not acknowledge how the Trump presidency affected LGBT people alone.
  2. Defying precedent, the Trump White House did not formally recognize Pride Month, nor did the State Department.
  3. Soon after Trump was sworn in, LGBT rights and recognition were scrubbed from government and White House websites.
  4. Trump sought to remove questions related to LGBT people from the census, erasing them from the count.
  5. Trump sought to remove LGBT issues from the Commerce Department's equal employment policy.
  6. Trump banned trans people from the military.
  7. Trump ordered the Department of Education to remove nondiscrimination protections for trans students.
  8. Trump ordered the Department of Education to automatically reject civil rights complaints from trans students.
  9. The Trump administration sought to retain federal funding for schools that discriminate against LGBT people.
  10. Trump announced a proposal that would remove anti-discrimination protections for trans patients in health care.
  11. Trump proposed a regulation that would directly enable medical professions to deny all forms any/all care to LGBT patients based solely on a provider's personal beliefs.
  12. Trump established a new office within HHS with the sole purpose of defending physicians and medical professions who refuse care to LGBT patients.
  13. Trump granted a federally funded foster program to discriminate against families who are LGBT (as well as anyone who is not Christian).
  14. Trump circulated a federal government-wide regulation to erase trans people from all existing protections and acknowledgement completely.
  15. Trump ordered the Centers for Disease Control to stop using the word "transgender" in official reports.
  16. Trump proposed a rule to eliminate data collection on LGBT foster youth and parents, erasing all official knowledge of the needs of LGBT children.
  17. Trump ordered questions on sexual orientation to be removed from surveys of programs that relate to the elderly and disabled.
  18. Trump ordered HUD and Ben Carson to remove the words "inclusive" and "free from discrimination" from HUD's official mission statement.
  19. Trump ordered HUD and Ben Carson to scale back enforcement of nondiscrimination regulations.
  20. Trump ordered HUD and Ben Carson to permit emergency shelters to deny to access to transgender person who are homeless.
  21. Trump ordered HUD to cancel a survey on LGBT homelessness.
  22. Trump and the Trump Justice Department filed a brief in the U.S. Court of appeals that argued federal civil rights laws do not protect LGBT people from discrimination.
  23. Trump and Jeff Sessions issued broad guidelines to permit individuals to discriminate against LGBT people based on personal beliefs.
  24. Trump and Jeff Sessions specifically announced that the law doesn't disallow discrimination against trans people.
  25. Trump defended businesses who openly discriminated against LGBT people.
  26. Trump rolled back all protections for trans people in our prison system.
  27. Trump issued an executive order rolling back nondiscrimination protections for LGBT federal contractors.
  28. Trump ordered the State Department to deny visas to same-sex partners of foreign diplomats.
  29. Trump changed the rules specifically so the child of a same-sex couple born abroad via surrogate would be considered "born out of wedlock" and would not be granted U.S. citizenship.
  30. Trump removed the United States from the U.N. Human Rights Council, largely on the basis of LGBT issues.
  31. Trump refused to sign a statement condemning attacks on LGBT people in Chechnya because of #30.
  32. Trump ordered the USDA to remove a department policy specifically welcoming LGBT children in the 4-H program.
  33. Trump's nominations to the federal courts, as well as the Supreme Court, have expressed anti-LGBT views. Many have implied or overtly stated opposition to basic rights like marriage equality, and marriage equality could realistically be repealed.
  34. Trump's ICE has specifically mistreated LGBT migrants and asylum seekers.
  35. Trump has engaged in blatant inaction with regard to LGBT issues, including but not limited to violence against trans people.
And this list is laser focused on LGBT issues. There are many more affecting other groups.

It takes a special kind of privilege to think your plights are "generally the same as everybody else's."
Struck a nerve but still not sure why.

Politicos do chat nonsense. Actions and results I care about. Trump chatted nonsense about wanting to ban violent games, clearly against free speech, but the end result was nill. https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/do...sts-video-games-blame-mass-shootings-n1039411

Still thanks for attempting a list, was a bit light in previous discussion (and discussion around here despite people normally crying woe is me). Something to possibly chew on here.

So a meaningless statement.
Did not recognise a meaningless event.
https://thefederalist.com/2020/01/0...nt-mean-trump-is-trying-to-erase-lgbt-people/ would seem to be a reasonable counter in that one.
First I am hearing of the census one (they were kicking off about something else pointless when I heard about it). Nice data to have but I am not seeing the great slight or great use for what the census normally goes for/is intended for.
https://www.washingtonblade.com/2017/06/16/commerce-dept-leaves-out-lgbt/ seems like they brought it back, if that was the result of an outcry then that does rather bring much of the rest of this into question.
If I look into this am I going to see something similar to how various flavours of medical disability exclude people? Can't be having to drag a pack of hormones around and all that if you are on a mission.
Is this that title 9 thing? That seemed more like a simple wording change from where I sat.
That I assume is the use toilet matching identity thing. What was the end result of that one? Did anybody actually get barred and properly troubled.
Seems like much ado about nothing https://www.npr.org/sections/health...-protections-reversed-by-trump-administration
https://www.pinknews.co.uk/2019/11/...lthcare-conscience-rule-blocked-civil-rights/ The system works?

Can't find the defence of the no gays please medic office thing. Most of the rest appear to have stories but this one eluded me.

https://www.hrc.org/news/hhs-decision-allows-discrimination-against-jewish-lgbtq-and-other-families . Far from ideal in that one. One to actually contemplate here and possibly more than just bluster. Got a case (different one to that) up on the supreme court as we speak so guess it is time to await the results there https://www.theusconstitution.org/litigation/fulton-v-city-of-philadelphia/

I do have to wonder whether this is actual legal changes vs clearly established precedent here.
https://time.com/5068160/cdc-banned-words-transgender/ seems to refute that one. Might have to go looking for final reports, leaked emails or whatever else.
https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc...ng-data-collection-lgbtq-foster-youth-n996066 . Six of one, half a dozen of another there. I do like data in things but there are times when it can become a burden.
If the programs are for the elderly and disabled does it really matter?
If so then some pointless buzzwords are gone. Whoo.
https://archive.curbed.com/2020/8/17/21372168/ben-carson-hud-housing-trump

Whether he ordered or not seems up for debate, though https://www.washingtonblade.com/202...up-on-anti-transgender-homeless-shelter-rule/
The conforming to their identity in segregated shelters is a tricky thing from where I sit. There are merits for and against. Hope those that need it can get it though.

OK. Is a specific survey a necessary item?
The system works? https://www.cbsnews.com/news/supreme-court-lgbt-rights-discrimination-rules-title-vii/
https://www.advocate.com/transgende...-will-not-protect-trans-people-workplace-bias

Going to want examples of that one.
The prisons thing is a question without easy answers from where I sit.
Do they need special consideration over baseline laws already there and well established?
Actual equality vs pragmatism. https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...gn-diplomats-unmarried-deported-a8564451.html . Fun one there. Something to contemplate at least.
[*]Trump changed the rules specifically so the child of a same-sex couple born abroad via surrogate would be considered "born out of wedlock" and would not be granted U.S. citizenship.
It left, https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...aves-trump-withdraw-nikki-haley-a8407151.html , though whether the basis was LGBT issues or general isolationism is a different matter.
Silence could be refusal I guess, especially if pointed, and if the rest of these were evidence it would speak to somewhat poor optics.
So another pointless buzzword was removed and they are still welcome to join? Whoo.
Gay marriage realistically be repealed? Pull the other one.
Went looking and found https://www.pinknews.co.uk/2019/09/...nt-trans-hiv-healthcare-mental-health-deaths/ . Seems to be generally ICE being ill funded and equipped. Excuse for reforming ICE but part of a greater pattern is a hard one.
An unqualified statement without any examples.

Anyway can well see him being no friend or great champion of the gay alphabet soup set (or at least the trans* element of that). As far as net results that the man on the street (even if some flavour of minority) needing to pay attention to them over otherwise living their life and leaving politics to an amusing hobby... Still not really seeing it. If you want to do the "woe is us, give us money to do activism, have some rage bait" set then seems like they do a nice line in ensuring their existence as do most rage bait authors regardless of political stripe. Somewhat amusingly though some of that might be quite happily fixed if more got off their arses and did some things in the world -- if some random Christian charity is the only one providing services at the levels required...

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

Plasmaster09

Social Justice Potato
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What are you referring to specifically then?
Nothing, because he's grasping at straws trying to pull some random excuse out of his ass to blame everything on Democrats.
You can tell a guy's gone too far by the time he actually, seriously uses TDS/"Trump Derangement Syndrome" as a term to describe someone that doesn't absolutely suck the socioeconomic dick of God-Emperor Donald.
*shrug*

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As far as net results that the man on the street (even if some flavour of minority) needing to pay attention to them over otherwise living their life and leaving politics to an amusing hobby... Still not really seeing it.
I wouldn't expect the aforementioned privilege to allow you to see it, even when it's laid out in front of you.

If you want to do the "woe is us
You apparently missed my point entirely. If you want to continue this conversation, please summarize my point, whether or not you agree with it, in a sentence or two.

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Probably, things will either work out for the best or if they won't then it's unlikely you have the ability to do anything about it.

I certainly wouldn't trust those who fight to hold onto the past.
Then I listen to the people that supposedly 'design whats coming next' - and they have no flipping clue either. So far, they put people into Uber like work contracts, which payed them below living wage, even when hustling (for not hustling enough I guess), and then they acted surprised - that people in the US started rebelling.

Now they are babbling on about shared responsibility between the government, unions, and private industry - want to raise the education budget at corp a little and basically call it a day. The rest is all AI, mashine learning and blockchain (and other useless buzzwords), acknowledging, that we'll loose at least 10% of jobs permanently in the near term - and then licking lipps over unbanked people, and profits in the STEM sector, while for the rest at least they can do a service job. Pampering boomers, very high on the list, because they still can pay - without this needing any 'higher economics' at all.

Basically, the more I hear, the more I hate. And - at least I can write about it.

Why the fuck is Buttigieg Secretary of Transport? There doesn't really seem like much of a reason to choose him, other than the fact that he adds diversity to the Cabinet (which still isn't very good reasoning).

Oh well, at least it wasn't Rahm Emanuel.
See:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/so-amer...-at-specific-spots.559323/page-4#post-9264218

Last edited by notimp,

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I wouldn't expect the aforementioned privilege to allow you to see it, even when it's laid out in front of you.

You apparently missed my point entirely. If you want to continue this conversation, please summarize my point, whether or not you agree with it, in a sentence or two.

I find most discussions of privilege to be variations on the emperor's new clothes or contest of purity. No different than various good boy points various religions sold throughout history.
While I would dismiss the notion of privilege entirely it is clear you at least believe in it, and as such why would you assume I have (or lack as the case may be) such things?

I am not sure that you missed your point.
I said in the US generally if life is hard as a minority it is because you are poor, not because you are a minority. As such ignore politics and improve yourself instead.
You apparently took umbrage at such a statement and reckoned that being a minority meant one eye on the sky, knowledge of exits to the room and hand on a weapon at all times should someone of a given political tie colour be in office. The corollary to that being if you lucked out at birth (or nurture after that) and wound up with few enough points in minority debuffs (granted I have probably just hate crimed calling it lucky to not be a minority and calling such things a debuff rather than a glorious gift, oh well) then even if not keeping an eye on the sky is insensitive or might leave you intellectually wanting (much akin to a claim of being unable to use a computer, drive a car or having ever read a book might be) then the results of a lack of said debuffs meant general immunity to the ebbs and flows of the political aether.

Hopefully that suffices as a summary of the point, continuing on as to what transpired next.

If fighting the injustices of the US is something to do then I would sooner go after poverty than imagining bigots under every rock and in every position of power ready to keep people down. However if there was some evidence that it mattered what politico was in office in a substantial way as effects daily life and future plans then list em up.
You provided what you reckoned to a suitable list, at least for the gay alphabet soup mob side of things. One that would showcase in myriad ways how the previous administration generally made life as a minority generally so much worse such that you needed to keep a pulse on the minutia of politics, and maybe why now it has changed for the other largely identical set in most other ways I can tell that life is going to be better but for the random murderers that are out there preying upon such people in disproportionately high numbers (can never win I guess). Few links or proper citations but I am OK with searching and I did say list was suitable.
At the end of it all after whittling out the non statements of specific events and non events (some words that are basically a reassuring platitude and demonstrably handily covered by other laws was removed, the horror) then I was left with some questions that don't have easy answers (prisons and shelters), some evidence of general failings of government agencies (ICE have generally been a failure for a long time, though I would go more for reform with the same mission than let everybody run free), and in what was the worst of all some sub par adoption agencies in the deep south (shocker I am sure for anybody that follows US history/general political arrangements, though far from ideal even if I would far sooner go after the religious angle) and a pending US national supreme court case for a related matter that will likely decide the result before long (arguments having already been heard, unknown when rulings will land, questions asked not really indicating which way the wind blows though I am sure you will want to tell me that the supreme court is loaded with bad people if that list was anything to go by, even if they and other high courts routine smack down efforts noted in said list as well that might have fallen foul of such things).
If that was the worst the apparently super ultra awful, basically dictator as some would have me understand it, and an axe to grind as you would have me understand it, could do in four years with the added bonus of being able to pack a court with hand picked underlings by virtue of appointments there being until death in most cases, and the end results in terms of general outcomes is what it is then yeah ambivalence about politics is a policy, or a privilege I would suggest exists if you prefer, that the average man on the street, whether they managed to be imbued with some flavour of minority or not, could happily adopt.

He seemed like a standard corporate raider business wonk politico, did little to further consumer rights, reform intellectual property law, healthcare generally stagnant, generally ignored the military and somewhat failed to end the wars going on, failed to reform the economy in any meaningful way other than a minor temporary boost that might well have happened anyway (long term planning not being the strength of the politico as they are kind of required to care most about the next election and it is noted the general public has the memory of a goldfish), though at the same time I am back to my initial point that they have very little power and are being pulled in a hundred different directions by interests with mutually exclusive goals. New guy will be much the same, albeit with a longer career being a politico before now, for so was the one before that and the one before that and the one before that. If any tidal shifts happen in politics (not sure I have really witnessed any, witnessed several power grabs though) it is usually the result of others than politicos, even if they will love to take credit for it (prove it was not my policies and all that).

Valwinz

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Breaking: Thousands of National Guardsmen have been forced to vacate congressional grounds and are now sleeping outside and in parking garages with no heat and 1 bathroom. “We feel incredibly betrayed”: Thousands of Guardsmen forced to vacate Capitol

It just not a good day for Biden voters first he bans Fracking now he does this to his standing army

Plasmaster09

Social Justice Potato
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I find most discussions of privilege to be variations on the emperor's new clothes or contest of purity. No different than various good boy points various religions sold throughout history.
While I would dismiss the notion of privilege entirely it is clear you at least believe in it, and as such why would you assume I have (or lack as the case may be) such things?

I am not sure that you missed your point.
I said in the US generally if life is hard as a minority it is because you are poor, not because you are a minority. As such ignore politics and improve yourself instead.
You apparently took umbrage at such a statement and reckoned that being a minority meant one eye on the sky, knowledge of exits to the room and hand on a weapon at all times should someone of a given political tie colour be in office. The corollary to that being if you lucked out at birth (or nurture after that) and wound up with few enough points in minority debuffs (granted I have probably just hate crimed calling it lucky to not be a minority and calling such things a debuff rather than a glorious gift, oh well) then even if not keeping an eye on the sky is insensitive or might leave you intellectually wanting (much akin to a claim of being unable to use a computer, drive a car or having ever read a book might be) then the results of a lack of said debuffs meant general immunity to the ebbs and flows of the political aether.

Hopefully that suffices as a summary of the point, continuing on as to what transpired next.

If fighting the injustices of the US is something to do then I would sooner go after poverty than imagining bigots under every rock and in every position of power ready to keep people down. However if there was some evidence that it mattered what politico was in office in a substantial way as effects daily life and future plans then list em up.
You provided what you reckoned to a suitable list, at least for the gay alphabet soup mob side of things. One that would showcase in myriad ways how the previous administration generally made life as a minority generally so much worse such that you needed to keep a pulse on the minutia of politics, and maybe why now it has changed for the other largely identical set in most other ways I can tell that life is going to be better but for the random murderers that are out there preying upon such people in disproportionately high numbers (can never win I guess). Few links or proper citations but I am OK with searching and I did say list was suitable.
At the end of it all after whittling out the non statements of specific events and non events (some words that are basically a reassuring platitude and demonstrably handily covered by other laws was removed, the horror) then I was left with some questions that don't have easy answers (prisons and shelters), some evidence of general failings of government agencies (ICE have generally been a failure for a long time, though I would go more for reform with the same mission than let everybody run free), and in what was the worst of all some sub par adoption agencies in the deep south (shocker I am sure for anybody that follows US history/general political arrangements, though far from ideal even if I would far sooner go after the religious angle) and a pending US national supreme court case for a related matter that will likely decide the result before long (arguments having already been heard, unknown when rulings will land, questions asked not really indicating which way the wind blows though I am sure you will want to tell me that the supreme court is loaded with bad people if that list was anything to go by, even if they and other high courts routine smack down efforts noted in said list as well that might have fallen foul of such things).
If that was the worst the apparently super ultra awful, basically dictator as some would have me understand it, and an axe to grind as you would have me understand it, could do in four years with the added bonus of being able to pack a court with hand picked underlings by virtue of appointments there being until death in most cases, and the end results in terms of general outcomes is what it is then yeah ambivalence about politics is a policy, or a privilege I would suggest exists if you prefer, that the average man on the street, whether they managed to be imbued with some flavour of minority or not, could happily adopt.

He seemed like a standard corporate raider business wonk politico, did little to further consumer rights, reform intellectual property law, healthcare generally stagnant, generally ignored the military and somewhat failed to end the wars going on, failed to reform the economy in any meaningful way other than a minor temporary boost that might well have happened anyway (long term planning not being the strength of the politico as they are kind of required to care most about the next election and it is noted the general public has the memory of a goldfish), though at the same time I am back to my initial point that they have very little power and are being pulled in a hundred different directions by interests with mutually exclusive goals. New guy will be much the same, albeit with a longer career being a politico before now, for so was the one before that and the one before that and the one before that. If any tidal shifts happen in politics (not sure I have really witnessed any, witnessed several power grabs though) it is usually the result of others than politicos, even if they will love to take credit for it (prove it was not my policies and all that).
firstly, this manages to be the exact opposite of grammar and spelling so poor it gives me a stroke- phrasing and terminology so self-interested and faux-eloquent it gives me a migraine
secondly, life is harder for minorities in the US
asking people whose lives are made harder mostly by people of a specific political leaning and those of said leaning that refuse to fix the issue to "ignore politics and improve themselves" is the socio-political equivalent of a certain argument I'd rather not mention but which is easily proven flawed with with "Why do you have asthma? There's so much air around you!".
thirdly, for someone claiming privilege isn't a thing, you sure do seem to breathe the fucking stuff with the sheer level of "posh upper-class superiority complex" emanating from this
check your privilege, dude

Last edited by Plasmaster09,
Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
It just not a good day for Biden voters first he bans Fracking
He did? That's fucking awesome! I thought he said he was against a fracking ban during the debates.

now he does this to his standing army
Their purpose was never to become a "standing army," you must be dumb as a bag of rocks if you truly believe that. They were there to safeguard the inauguration and that's it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Alot of manufactures do care about older consoles they just want to whine about piracy
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I had 4.89 hfw on super slim that was great, but when I got a new hard disk I forgot where the guide was and could only find a guide for 4.90 and its resources
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I think another reason to want to update is if the hfw is at the level of the fw
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    you can sync trophies
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea that's what I'm sitting on now- 4.9, and it seems fine, have had no issues at all
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I don't know if people play online or such
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My ps3 short circuited during a deep clean still salty about it after downloading 2tbs worth but SteamDeck okay with emulation still just can't run mgs4 worth shit
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea forgot bout trophies. They just silly to me. Just like the xbox achievements. Hey, to each they own tho.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It keeps players in touch with the game like a check list of things to do after they beat it
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa they ruined the gaming experience for me to be honest
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa Im not crazy about getting all of them, i feel like I have something to show for for the time put in
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa If you want to do rgh or 360 mod
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does it matter if you update your 360 or not before trying is it advisable or not
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I don't pay attention to them really. Or do I try to 100% a game. I just play till story ends/ or I get the girl!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bigonya uses his wiener to mod 360s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Going to the water park, see ya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You should update the 360 to newest dash before RGHing it yes. But not a big deal if you don't, you can install new dash/avatar updates after. It's just easier to do it auto online before, instead manual offline after.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have fun @Xdqwerty. If you see a chocolate candy bar floating in the water, don't eat it!
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :O:ohnoes: Y didn't U Tell ME that ALSO? @BigOnYa :ohnoes: 🤢🤮
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Does it taste like... chicken?
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I wanted to ask you about your experience with seeing south park. Most of the people a bit younger like my younger brother and cousins that are a few younger than me that saw kids found south park funny because of the curse words, kids at school, that seemed like liking the show on a very basic level.

I could not quite have a in depth discussion of the show.

How was it for you? As an adult. What did you find the most interesting part about it. Did you relate to the parents of the kids and their situations. Was it satires, the commentary on society. The references on celebrities' and pop culture.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I remember seeing the very first episode back in the day, and have watched every episode since. I used to set my VCR to record them even, shows how long ago.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just like any comedies really, and cartoons have always been a favorite of mine. Family guy, American Dad, Futurama, Cleveland Show, Simpsons - I like them all.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    South Park is great cause they always touch on relavent issues going on today, and make something funny out of it.
    +2
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: South Park is great cause they always touch on relavent issues going on today, and make... +2