• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Joe Biden is now officially the 46th President of the United States of America

Should this thread be locked?

• Yes

Votes: 27 64.3%
  • No

Votes: 15 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After receiving feedback from this thread, I did some research on wikipedia and snopes, and came to the conclusion there is no hidden information from the public. It is my new belief that the general population is able to access any and all information that is available. Our United States government is truly for the people and by the people, and the various media and journalists share nothing but the 100% truth with us.
PHEW, That was a closed one!
59100745.jpg

We did it ya'll !!!

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
After receiving feedback from this thread, I did some research on wikipedia and snopes, and came to the conclusion there is no hidden information from the public. It is my new belief that the general population is able to access any and all information that is available. Our United States government is truly for the people and by the people, and the various media and journalists share nothing but the 100% truth with us.
Careful with that. That is dangerously close to critical thinking which the New York times tells me is not the done thing
https://archive.vn/https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/18/opinion/fake-news-media-attention.html
https://archive.vn/9VBwI

tthousand

Model #I
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Careful with that. That is dangerously close to critical thinking which the New York times tells me is not the done thing
https://archive.vn/https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/18/opinion/fake-news-media-attention.html
https://archive.vn/9VBwI

I would normally take that with a grain of salt, but I threw all my remaining salt out. No I will sit back with the rest of my peers and wait for the governments of the world to save us all from ourselves with their truly amazing plan...

https://sdgs.un.org/

They really screwed the pooch last year, but sometimes you just gotta have faith... at least while it's still legal. Or am I not allowed to say that? This freedom of speech thing gets tricky when you don't know EXACTLY what your are allowed to say and not to say... because "the feels" and all. I think you Biden Boys might have some more left to teach the world about your righteous ways.

Last edited by tthousand,

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would normally take that with a grain of salt, but I threw all my remaining salt out. No I will sit back with the rest of my peers and wait for the governments of the world to save us all from ourselves with their truly amazing plan...
oh Thank god.
I was getting worried that Fascist, White Supremacist and Religious nuts banded together to recreate jihad..

tthousand

Model #I
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh Thank god.
I was getting worried that Fascist, White Supremacist and Religious nuts banded together to recreate jihad..

I don't know why anyone would want to rise up against a government that they feel is out of control. I mean, I know my forefathers had a good reason and all... but today, things are so different... right?

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know why anyone would want to rise up against a government that they feel is out of control. I mean, I know my forefathers had a good reason and all... but today, things are so different... right?
yea some people are mad that government giving equal rights to minorities

Why does it also seem like Fascist, White Supremacist and Religious nuts banded together when
1.When they allowed non land owner to vote
2.Slaves were Freed.
3. Women suffrage
4. Civil rights act ( which stated Minorities are equals)
5. When people stated interracial mixing
NOW
6. Giving lgbtq+ rights too

tthousand

Model #I
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yea some people are mad that government giving equal rights to minorities

Why does it also seem like Fascist, White Supremacist and Religious nuts banded together when
1.When they allowed non land owner to vote
2.Slaves were Freed.
3. Women suffrage
4. Civil rights act ( which stated Minorities are equals)
5. When people stated interracial mixing
NOW
6. Giving lgbtq+ rights too

Yeah, I get that. Not that I understand the mentality behind it, but I can see why people who are given so much freedom in thought might react adversely to things they themselves do not understand or agree with.

Just like it's hard for me to understand the mentality of someone who does not want others how to tell them how to live, think, feel or love... but then attack other's for having their own beliefs which in no way affect them in anyway, except for maybe hurting their feelings. Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do.

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh yea.. things are different from my Forefathers......
1.slaves
2. Treat minorities with respect.
3. don't kill native populations
just to name a few

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Just like it's hard for me to understand the mentality of someone who does not want others how to tell them how to live, think, feel or love... but then attack other's for having their own beliefs which in no way affect them in anyway, .
Amen!! just like

RFDChristian-anti-gay-sfSpan.jpg
Okeowo-Generation-KKK.jpg

pro-trump_insurrection_capitol_confederate_flag_011421-768x469.png

how bout we start with them...

tthousand

Model #I
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh yea.. things are different from my Forefathers......
1.slaves
2. Treat minorities with respect.
3. don't kill native populations
just to name a few

Things were most certainly different back then, not just in America, but the whole world. Like 2pac said though, "Some things never change."
1. There's probably more slavery today than there was back in those, even here in a America where people are still bought and sold to this day.
2. Nowadays, nobody gets treated with respect. We're all talked down to and treated like we are dumb.
3. The killing doesn't stop either. China, abortions, etc...

how bout we start with them...
Yeah, sure, attack those people all day, if they are actively attacking you. But that is not who I was referring to.

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. There's probably more slavery today than there was back in those, even here in a America where people are still bought and sold to this day.
I know right... I mean just because other people did. then that mean American is justified right thats how that works
...oh and to make sure these are not glossed over
pro-trump_insurrection_capitol_confederate_flag_011421-768x469.png
Okeowo-Generation-KKK.jpg

Man they sure love them Flags.

Yeah, sure, attack those people all day, if they are actively attacking you.
wow, lolol

so basicly Racism is allowed as long as your not the one being lynched.....
I pretty sure thats the reason the klan survived so long ...People turning a blind eye..

tthousand

Model #I
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know right... I mean just because other people did. then that mean American is justified right thats how that works

What it means is that America stepped up and changed the world. They said enough, and ended it. Then as time went by, it slowly crept back in.

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What it means is that America stepped up and changed the world. They said enough, and ended it. Then as time went by, it slowly crept back in.
yup and thats we people needs to speak up against Supremacy because it "slowly Crepts up"... The world has changed and its never going back. People need to get used to it. its never going o be Leave it to Beaver 50s any more... You can not pretend Minorities don't exist !!

tthousand

Model #I
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow, lolol

I pretty sure thats the reason the klan survived so long ...People turning a blind eye..

If you want to hate someone, go right on ahead, it's your right to do so. When you start attacking others though, or forcing your opinions on others, that is where the line is drawn. And that goes for both sides.

But yeah, if you want to be a hating miserable little piece of shit, by all means, be my guest. But if you want other people to respect your right to your own beliefs, you better damn well do the same.

Last edited by tthousand,

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Almost as though "I may not like what you have to say but I will defend to the death your right to say it" is the governing principle.

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want to hate someone, go right on ahead, it's your right to do so. When you start attacking others though, or forcing your opinions on others, that is where the line is drawn. And that goes for both sides.
..I usually Draw the line when people call for the "Master Race" and its not "PC"
Nice to know people having a hard time coloring ...
White-Crayons-Racism.jpg

tthousand

Model #I
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
..I usually Draw the line when people call for the "Master Race" and its not "PC"
Nice to know people having a hard time coloring ...

Do you. Draw your lines where ever you want, as long as you don't cross my line... otherwise you are inviting me to come over and fuck your lines up. And vice versa.

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you. Draw your lines where ever you want, as long as you don't cross my line... otherwise you are inviting me to come over and fuck your lines up. And vice versa.
Wait Where'nt you the one who Created a new (NON-BURNER) account just to comment on this Thread? lol
images

tthousand

Model #I
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait Where'nt you the one who Created a new (NON-BURNER) account just to comment on this Thread? lol

Is that not allowed? I must have missed the post where it said I am not allowed to speak my mind. Perhaps you can point it out to me.

I've been visiting this site since you joined, it just took me a little longer to join myself.

tthousand

Model #I
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"as long as you don't cross my line... otherwise you are inviting me to come over and fuck your lines up."
I get it. Some of you have very touchy lines, and get you all worked up in a tizzy very quickly. And when you see my taking carefree steps over those lines, your minds lose it. We will see how close I get before your really show your last lines. In the mean time, I'm still having fun, smiling. Because remember, those are your lines, and not mine. I am inviting you to come test me. I have nothing to fear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: well, after a day of pain, i'm gonna catch some zs