Jobs that helps other get out of hard times

Discussion in 'The Edge of the Forum' started by notrustinsasuke, Mar 27, 2014.

1. notrustinsasuke
    OP

notrustinsasuke Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 12, 2013
    United States
    other than therapy what other jobs is there that help people in hard time, I just read some post on how people wanted to commit suicide and i really want to help those people out. I'm a freshmen in college and now I'm not so sure about my computer science major anymore.

2. CompassNorth

CompassNorth Denko (´・ω・`)

Oct 18, 2011
    United States
    Seattle, WA
    You can help those people without having a job as a therapist or something similar.
    Being their friend and caring for them may seem like a small thing for some people, but can mean the world to others.

3. Gahars

Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

Aug 5, 2011
    United States
    New Jersey
    [​IMG]

I think you're looking for the "General Off-Topic" subforum.

Tom Bombadildo likes this.
  4. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    Also not sure why this is EOF but I will assume it is not.

Most things that are termed practical skills (IT is one of them) will probably be able to help get someone out a pinch. Such things may even prevent people from getting to the depressed stage if it means they can keep their company running.

In the way you describe it is pretty much straight medical, psychology/psychiatry, social work..... type things.

Computer science to those is a rather large leap and will definitely require you to switch up, not least of all because you really need to be registered in the various professional bodies to do any of those. It has been made before though.