Gaming Jet Set Radio, Golden Axe and Hell Yeah! Free on Steam.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
just for thought - so what is the real difference between pirating the games last week and downloading them free today? their method involves them missing some marketing/stats i guess

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
just for thought - so what is the real difference between pirating the games last week and downloading them free today? their method involves them missing some marketing/stats i guess
Well the difference is the developer/publisher showing good will toward the fans as opposed to the fans deciding the developer doesn't need their support financially. I've pirated plenty of stuff, but I always support the creators that make the content I enjoy experiencing most. If somebody likes any of the free games Sega is providing, they're more likely to buy future releases from Sega, or at least consider it more than they would have otherwise.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

Well the difference is the developer/publisher showing good will toward the fans as opposed to the fans deciding the developer doesn't need their support financially. I've pirated plenty of stuff, but I always support the creators that make the content I enjoy experiencing most. If somebody likes any of the free games Sega is providing, they're more likely to buy future releases from Sega, or at least consider it more than they would have otherwise.
It'd be nice if they also made Sonic Lost World free for limited time so that more people would play it. Yes, for anyone not aware the game is available on PC/Steam (I didn't believe until I checked it out myself but it does exist).

By the way, obviously it doesn't contain the cool Yoshi and Zelda DLC stages.

Reactions: omgpwn666

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
It'd be nice if they also made Sonic Lost World free for limited time so that more people would play it. Yes, for anyone not aware the game is available on PC/Steam (I didn't believe until I checked it out myself but it does exist).

By the way, obviously it doesn't contain the cool Yoshi and Zelda DLC stages.
It's something I'm sure you could get fairly cheap in a sale. Pretty much everything Sega comes to PC these days. Other primarily Nintendo platform developers too. PS4 has embraced cross-platform releases with PC most so far this generation, despite Microsoft's promises.

Last edited by Xzi,

Ashtonx

n0l1f3
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I've tried to run really old apps/games on Windows 10 and didn't have any success, so I suppose I'd need a virtualbox for them but when it comes to that then I'm not interested.

I think the issue is more of an lack of knowledge than games not running, honestly haven't found an old game i was unable to run. Hell haven't found ps2 game i was unable to run on my pc, how's that on ps3/ps4 working btw?

Console games have value whilst PC physical games don't really have much or any, except for some.
Yes i'm sure they have enough value to make new games a bit cheaper, not as cheap as pc games but hey, you can go through effort of selling them, losing them forever just to be able to buy a different game cheaper.
except some rares this is all the value they have.

That's true. PC games are much cheaper than the counterparts of the console editions but another issue with PC games are the really bad ports such as Arkham Knight.
That's actually fault of crappy publishers rather than pc gaming, want to talk about crappy ports, 90% of games on consoles look like crap compared to their pc versions. Recently a friend bought pc after using ps4 since release, his reaction was "games can look like this?". He was playing 5 year old game called battlefield 3.

Let's say a new game gets released, my current desktop machine is unable to run it or at a decent performance, what happens? I'd need to upgrade. With consoles I'm always guaranteed that it'll work although visually it'll be inferior and the framerate may be inconsistent/less than appealing.

Maybe 10 years ago? these days you can run most games with mediocre pc, hell bought mine 3 years ago, only changed gpu year ago, still can run everything pretty much on max. Maybe you can't afford new hardware cause you keep on wasting your money on expensive console games ?

They do but it's easier to deal with, imo.
explain me in what universe physically switching games or inputing multiplayer code on a gamepad easier than pressing play button on your steam/origin/whatever ?
Besides it's once again idiotic publishers who enforce crap drm, hell many games are sold with no drm, ever heard of gog.com ? :P
Most people are against drm is because of few crappy drm's some publishers put in and because drm implies their customers are thieves. 99% of time there's no problem with drm, won't stop gamers from whining, hell won't stop me from whining about drm. It's a matter of trust, but practical issues are pretty much null. There's a larger chance you won't be able to play your game because of a scratched disc on a console than from a drm on a pc.

PC games aren't really much about reselling, that's a console games thing.
When you get your games for dirt cheap selling them isn't even worth the effort to be honest.
got over 500 games on my steam library and i'm quite sure i've spent way less on them than current price of ps4 or xbone.

P.S. When's Red Dead Redemption coming out for PC? Oh wait, sorry guys. :3
Prolly once they'll emulate ps3, which will be faster than ps4, ps5 etc. Still you know why no one bothers to get into fight about exclusives with console gamers ? Because there's so many pc exclusive games no one even want's to bother looking for titles to list.

Last edited by Ashtonx,

Ashtonx

n0l1f3
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Geez, leave the guy alone. It's his right to not be into PC gaming. This thread is about free steam games, so why don't we focus on that instead.
It being his right not caring about pc gaming is different from his spreading crap and misinformation though.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

I think the issue is more of an lack of knowledge than games not running, honestly haven't found an old game i was unable to run. Hell haven't found ps2 game i was unable to run on my pc, how's that on ps3/ps4 working btw?

I don't have any problems whatsoever playing PS2 games on PS3 because I've got a launch model and still yet to purchase a PS4.

That's actually fault of crappy publishers rather than pc gaming, want to talk about crappy ports, 90% of games on consoles look like crap compared to their pc versions. Recently a friend bought pc after using ps4 since release, his reaction was "games can look like this?". He was playing 5 year old game called battlefield 3.

You're right that it's the publisher's fault but having PC customers wait months or years for a game while the console edition runs fine (yeah, I said fine) is disappointing. Not enough effort is put into it.

Maybe 10 years ago? these days you can run most games with mediocre pc, hell bought mine 3 years ago, only changed gpu year ago, still can run everything pretty much on max. Maybe you can't afford new hardware cause you keep on wasting your money on expensive console games?

That's good to know.

explain me in what universe physically switching games or inputing multiplayer code on a gamepad easier than pressing play button on your steam/origin/whatever ?
Besides it's once again idiotic publishers who enforce crap drm, hell many games are sold with no drm, ever heard of gog.com ? :P
Most people are against drm is because of few crappy drm's some publishers put in and because drm implies their customers are thieves. 99% of time there's no problem with drm, won't stop gamers from whining, hell won't stop me from whining about drm. It's a matter of trust, but practical issues are pretty much null. There's a larger chance you won't be able to play your game because of a scratched disc on a console than from a drm on a pc.

The difference being on consoles I can simply pop in the disc and play (pre-gen8 except for Wii U) whereas on PC, I have to install Origins/Steam, then install and finally play.

When you get your games for dirt cheap selling them isn't even worth the effort to be honest.
got over 500 games on my steam library and i'm quite sure i've spent way less on them than current price of ps4 or xbone.

PC games are all about the digital format and Steam has tons of great sales which makes most physical PC game copies worthless, for some rare exceptions (PC games that people highly regard).

Prolly once they'll emulate ps3, which will be faster than ps4, ps5 etc. Still you know why no one bothers to get into fight about exclusives with console gamers ? Because there's so many pc exclusive games no one even want's to bother looking for titles to list.
Played RDR on my 360 not too long ago and didn't have any issue with its performance so I'll happily take the console version over waiting many years for the 'perfect edition'.

It being his right not caring about pc gaming is different from his spreading crap and misinformation though.
I don't mi-spread information about PC gaming, in fact this was the only place I've ever really talked about PC gaming this deep.

Ashtonx

n0l1f3
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I don't have any problems whatsoever playing PS2 games on PS3 because I've got a launch model and still yet to purchase a PS4.
great, how many nintendo games can you play as well ? or maybe something more obscure like arcade ? and how many ps4 games can you play ? after all compatibility goes both ways.

The difference being on consoles I can simply pop in the disc and play (pre-gen8 except for Wii U) whereas on PC, I have to install Origins/Steam, then install and finally play.
and you have to pop them up each time you want to play a different game meanwhile pc gamer just press a button. hell i'm playing 2 different games atm while studying ;P

PC games are all about the digital format and Steam has tons of great sales which makes most physical PC game copies worthless, for some rare exceptions (PC games that people highly regard).
Steam sales, bah they're expensive, you have no idea how much cheaper you can get pc games do you ? :) And sorry but pc being all about digital is bs, there's ton's of games released on disc. People just prefer digital, why ? as i explained in my previous comment, no disc swapping.
Played RDR on my 360 not too long ago and didn't have any issue with its performance so I'll happily take the console version over waiting many years for the 'perfect edition'.
yeah, now play it on ps4. or play xcom 2 on x360, how about swtor ? world of warcraft 99% of mmorpgs ? you base your argument using 1 game ? you realize just how hilarious that is don't you ? There's ton's of games released on pc that never end up on consoles. Ton's of games that are released at the same time but are much superior compared to consoles. But sure red dead redemption is the proof consoles are superior to pc's :)

I don't mi-spread information about PC gaming, in fact this was the only place I've ever really talked about PC gaming this deep.

really now ?
let's see:

Sure but games on PC may have DRM protection, may need to be installed through Steam/Origins/etc and then there are those which are no longer with certain Windows OS versions. So you see, console gaming is easy to pick up and play without any worries about this and that.
Nope, that just for games that require it, drm is a publishers thing. Also people play windows games on linux, it's just a matter how much of a brain you're capable of using and wether you're blocking yourself from playing what you want because you want to use system no one cares about for no other reason than being a stubborn idiot.

That's true. PC games are much cheaper than the counterparts of the console editions but another issue with PC games are the really bad ports such as Arkham Knight.
Battlefield games?
Witcher games?
Remember those bethesda games that have thing called modding, even when they're crap community fixed them.
Should i keep on going ? There's tons of games that are superior on pc compared to consoles. Just cause few crap publishers fucked things up doesn't really change the fact most games are superior on pc, what people whine about is that they could've been much better but are cut down for consoles, it still doesn't make their pc versions superior. The game running exactly the same as on console is already a reason to whine for pc gamers because what is seen on console in their eyes is crap.

Let's say a new game gets released, my current desktop machine is unable to run it or at a decent performance, what happens? I'd need to upgrade. With consoles I'm always guaranteed that it'll work although visually it'll be inferior and the framerate may be inconsistent/less than appealing.

30fps 720p is not decent performance though ? but let's apply that logic. How's that witcher 3 doing on your ps3 ? :)

So tell me, wtf are those things if not misinformation ?

Last edited by Ashtonx,
S

Saiyan Lusitano

great, how many nintendo games can you play as well ? or maybe something more obscure like arcade ? and how many ps4 games can you play ? after all compatibility goes both ways.

Emulators or backups.

and you have to pop them up each time you want to play a different game meanwhile pc gamer just press a button. hell i'm playing 2 different games atm while studying ;P
I have no problem with that.

Steam sales, bah they're expensive, you have no idea how much cheaper you can get pc games do you ?
CD Keys? Pirating?

Steam sales still are pretty cheap regardless.

yeah, now play it on ps4. or play xcom 2 on x360, how about swtor ? world of warcraft 99% of mmorpgs ? you base your argument using 1 game ? you realize just how hilarious that is don't you ? There's ton's of games released on pc that never end up on consoles. Ton's of games that are released at the same time but are much superior compared to consoles. But sure red dead redemption is the proof consoles are superior to pc's :)
Don't really care about any of those games you listed.

really now ?
It's my opinion. And in case you don't own, there are far worse that make PC gaming to be utterly horrible.

Anyway, like I said on How did people get so mean on the internet? this is one of those conversations which are lasting a bit too long and not really going anywhere, plus it's boring so don't have anything else to add.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Also a couple of other free bundles will be available in the next 96 hours ;)
Good to know!

I'm not into pc gaming either, but I do have the rig for games. I won't spit on free games haha :D

Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano

Ashtonx

n0l1f3
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Emulators or backups.
Sorry, i have no idea what you're trying to say.

CD Keys? Pirating?
Nah, /r/gamedeals/ once you look up average privces of deals you realize steam games are expensive :P Hell, some of the games regular price in shops is same as steam sale. Won't even talk about bundles.

Don't really care about any of those games you listed.
Don't really give a shit what you care about, i don't care about red dead redemption, when you start liting games as an argument expect that argument expect a response with a list of games.

It's my opinion. And in case you don't own, there are far worse that make PC gaming to be utterly horrible.
... opinion that contradicts facts is not an opinion, it's a delusion. You can have an opinion about how you feels about something, moment you start talking bullshit that contradicts facts, the moment you're proven wrong and you still keep your claims then you're delusional.

You may dislike pc, because it's too difficult for you, i can understand that, but moment you start making up bullshit don't expect people to respect or care about your opinion.

Last edited by Ashtonx,
S

Saiyan Lusitano

Sorry, i have no idea what you're trying to say.

Nah, /r/gamedeals/ once you look up average privces of deals you realize steam games are expensive :P Hell, some of the games regular price in shops is same as steam sale. Won't even talk about bundles.

Don't really give a shit what you care about, i don't care about red dead redemption, when you start liting games as an argument expect that argument expect a response with a list of games.

... opinion that contradicts facts is not an opinion, it's a delusion. You can have an opinion about how you feels about something, moment you start talking bullshit that contradicts facts, the moment you're proven wrong and you still keep your claims then you're delusional.
I as well as anyone can see that you love PC gaming but honestly, I'm done with this conversation. Move on.

Ashtonx

n0l1f3
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
sure np, just wanted to make clear for people who read later that you're arguments are full of crap :P You can feel however you want about pc :)

S

Saiyan Lusitano

sure np, just wanted to make clear for people who read later that you're arguments are full of crap :P You can feel however you want about pc :)
Calm down and relax. You're really stressed about PC gaming.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Also nice. Never really watched Fallout on Prime, but sounds like a good show. +1