Gaming Jet Set Radio, Golden Axe and Hell Yeah! Free on Steam.

Chary

Never sleeps
OP
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
Sega is currently holding a "Make War, not Love" promotion, and with it, they are offering 3 free games on Steam. Hit up THIS link to add them to your library.

You have until Feb 20th to grab these, so get them now!

EDIT: Streets of Rage II, Binary Domain, and Condemned Steam keys are free HERE if you sign up for Sega EU's mailing list.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

Even though I'm not a PC gamer I've added these to my Steam account. Jet Set Radio? Golden Axe? Must plays!

S

Saiyan Lusitano

You can buy physical copies on PC..
Sure but games on PC may have DRM protection, may need to be installed through Steam/Origins/etc and then there are those which are no longer with certain Windows OS versions. So you see, console gaming is easy to pick up and play without any worries about this and that.

EDIT: Typo ~ seem to see.

Last edited by ,
Reactions: cvskid

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Sure but games on PC may have DRM protection, may need to be installed through Steam/Origins/etc and then there are those which are no longer with certain Windows OS versions. So you see, console gaming is easy to pick up and play without any worries about this and that.

EDIT: Typo ~ seem to see.

You make it sound a lot more difficult than it really is. >>

Ashtonx

n0l1f3
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
You make it sound a lot more difficult than it really is. >>
Leave him be, clicking install on steam is way too damn difficult for him, he prefers to manually switch games using discs then wait few hours for install and patching to be done.

btw os versions remark is epic, i won't even bother to mention i have better backwards compatibility towards console games than his console ;P

Last edited by Ashtonx,
Reactions: Kioku

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Good luck selling a physical PC game second-hand. The vast majority of physical releases have DRM that makes the discs aviyt as useful as a drink coaster in the hands of anyone other than the original purchaser.
Who needs to resell? You can buy PC games at half their MSRP on release day. Two months later, still costs $60 on consoles, can get it for $15 on PC.

Cost ends up evening out, it's just a matter of whether you can afford the hardware up front or if you want to get taken for a ride in software costs over the long term.

Last edited by Xzi,

Margen67

Dirty entited pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sure but games on PC may have DRM protection, may need to be installed through Steam/Origins/etc and then there are those which are no longer with certain Windows OS versions.
And consoles don't have DRM? lol
The person whose post I was replying to...
Why would I need to resell? I already get them on sale from Steam :)

S

Saiyan Lusitano

Leave him be, clicking install on steam is way too damn difficult for him

Not so.

He prefers to manually switch games using discs then wait few hours for install and patching to be done.

The games I've been playing don't require either to be installed on the hard drive or receive patches/updates, just straight to the game I go. Yeah, I do prefer to switch discs (or game cards).

Btw os versions remark is epic, i won't even bother to mention i have better backwards compatibility towards console games than his console ;P

I've tried to run really old apps/games on Windows 10 and didn't have any success, so I suppose I'd need a virtualbox for them but when it comes to that then I'm not interested.

Who needs to resell?

Console games have value whilst PC physical games don't really have much or any, except for some.

You can buy PC games at half their MSRP on release day. Two months later, still costs $60 on consoles, can get it for $15 on PC.

That's true. PC games are much cheaper than the counterparts of the console editions but another issue with PC games are the really bad ports such as Arkham Knight.

Cost ends up evening out, it's just a matter of whether you can afford the hardware up front or if you want to get taken for a ride in software costs over the long term.

Let's say a new game gets released, my current desktop machine is unable to run it or at a decent performance, what happens? I'd need to upgrade. With consoles I'm always guaranteed that it'll work although visually it'll be inferior and the framerate may be inconsistent/less than appealing.

And consoles don't have DRM? lol
They do but it's easier to deal with, imo.

Why would I need to resell? I already get them on sale from Steam :)
PC games aren't really much about reselling, that's a console games thing.

P.S. When's Red Dead Redemption coming out for PC? Oh wait, sorry guys. :3

Chary

Never sleeps
OP
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
Hoo boy, it's the age old Console vs PC debate again.
The games I've been playing don't require either to be installed on the hard drive or receive patches/updates, just straight to the game I go.
Huh, I was almost certain that XBO/PS4 games needed to be installed to the HDD these days, and anything with online has mandatory patches.

P.S. When's Red Dead Redemption coming out for PC? Oh wait, sorry guys. :3

How's that XCOM 2---oh... ;D

PC is the objectively better platform, better resolution, mods, framerate, support for the games, etc. But console gaming is fine too, it's a personal preference, and many find it easier, that's okay. Let's all just shake hands and rejoice in great free games!

Reactions: nxwing
S

Saiyan Lusitano

@Chary I've not yet jumped to the PS4 ship as I'm still waiting for the new Uncharted to be released and more PlayStation exclusives, plus also would like to get PS4 at a cheaper price.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: