ROM Hack Jenkkrystal - Sun/Moon Texture Mod (WIP) [English / Spanish]

Jenkkrystal

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
English

Hi!, I am creating a mod with alternative textures for Pokemon Sun/Moon.

The project consists of replacing the textures of some pokemon (especially shiny textures) with others that I consider better. In addition, I also change the textures of pokemon that have gender differences, to make them more appreciable and unique.

Progress

For now, I have made for myself over 130 / 2,300~ textures xD !!
I plan to share this mod when I complete at least the first generation.

1st Gen over 80% completed + some megas and evolutions of other generations
2nd 0%
... etc 0%

Work in Family

It takes some time to make custom textures with a decent level of quality, so if someone wants to contribute with their textures, you can do it!
Of course, textures must have a minimum of quality to be accepted. If there are minor bugs, maybe I can fix them.

Also if someone does not like some of my textures, you can do your own and I will replace it if I see it higher, or I will do a poll to see which one people prefer.

- The textures of a normal pokemon and its shiny version should be very different, as well as gender differences.

- The textures for a Pokemon and its evolutions, must be minimally coherent.

- Except in some cases, you must be careful with excessively saturated colors.

- A well-made texture is preferable to many low-quality ones.

- Sometimes, do not limit yourself to the colors associated with certain types. For example: Normal Type Pokemon have pinkish colors too often, Type plant always green color, etc. (I'm tired of that).

Things that I NEED to know!! :hateit: (IMPORTANT !!)

• I need to know "how change the colours of things like fire of ponyta, charmander tail, smoke of koffing, etc".
  • I need to know "how to edit .I4 textures succesfully". You can found this textures in charmander (tail fire), ponyta (fire), koffing (smoke), etc... (I can replace it succesfully with Ohana3DS, then I save the changes, and the problem comes, when I re-open the file, the texture now its shown with vertical lines, not filled, and in-game, it is buggy).
  • I would like to know if it is possible to edit the inventory sprites of Pokémons.
If you have the answer, please, let me know!! It would be a great help !!

C3d6UtC.png
cGulwxY.png
0QQFJ94.png
IqWRW2f.png
qAyUkaV.png
uHdzOVym.png
5LXlDmbm.jpg
oEn44IJm.gif
HaSdDXtm.png
NidCxpOm.png
SIxD1mom.jpg
XEBVmXKm.jpg
ykTGedam.jpg
xAXzJn5m.jpg
5m5ZVHum.jpg
lRUGMWim.jpg
SIxD1mom.jpg
VBd4g26m.jpg
beVdALqm.jpg
EWQK5Fn.jpg

* More examples of my textures here: http://unjipi.deviantart.com/
* Retextured Pokeballs: http://unjipi.deviantart.com/gallery/63589988/Retextured-Pokeballs

Tools
  • Pk3DS - (Compress/Decompress files)
  • Ohana3DS Rebirth - (Extract and visualize textures)
  • GIMP / Photoshop CS6 - (Editing textures)
  • Guide -

------------------------------------------------------------- O -------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------- O -------------------------------------------------------------

Español

Buenas!, estoy creando un Mod de Texturas Alternativas para Pokemon Sol / Luna.
El proyecto consiste en reemplazar las texturas de algunos pokemon (sobretodo shiny texturas) por otras que yo considero mejores. Además, también cambio las texturas de los pokemon que tienen diferencias de género, para hacerlos más apreciables y únicos.

Progreso

Por ahora, he hecho por mí mismo unas 130 / 2.300~ texturas !!
Tengo pensado compartirlas cuando se complete, al menos, la primera generación.

Soon...

Trabajo en familia

Consume algo de tiempo hacer texturas personalizadas con un decente nivel de calidad, así que si a alguien le apetece contribuir con sus texturas, puede hacerlo! Eso sí, las texturas deben tener un mínimo de calidad para ser aceptadas. No obstante, si los errores son de poca importancia, tal vez puedo corregirlos yo.

También si alguien no le gusta alguna de mis texturas, siempre puede hacer la suya propia y lo sustituiré si considero que es de mayor calidad, o haré una encuesta para ver que textura prefiere la gente.

- Las texturas de un pokemon normal y su versión shiny deben ser bastante diferentes, así como las diferencias de género.

- Las texturas para un pokemon y sus evoluciones, deben ser mínimamente coherentes.

- Salvo excepciones, hay que tener cuidado con los colores excesivamente saturados.

- Es preferible una textura bien hecha que muchas de baja calidad.

- A veces, no hay que limitarse a los colores asociados a tipos determinados. Por ejemplo: Pokemon de tipo Normal, demasiadas veces son de colores rosados, Los Tipo planta siempre de color verde, etc. (Estoy cansado de eso).

¡¡ Cosas que NECESITO saber !! :hateit: (¡¡ IMPORTANTE !!)

• Necesito saber como modificar los colores y texturas .I4 de algunos elementos de los pokemon como el fuego de Charmander y Ponyta; el humo de Gastly y Koffing; etc. (puedo modificar las texturas .I4 exitosamente, guardo los cambios, pero el problema viene, cuando abro de nuevo el archivo de texturas: la textura .I4 no se ha guardado como debería, sino que aparece rayada verticalmente, en vez de rellena, como debería).
Por favor, si alguien sabe como hacer alguna cosa de estas, que me lo haga saber!

Sería de grandísima ayuda!

* Ejemplos de mis texturas aquí: http://unjipi.deviantart.com/

Herramientas

• Pk3DS - (Comprimir/Descomprimir archivos)
  • Ohana3DS Rebirth - (Extraer y visualizar texturas)
  • GIMP / Photoshop CS6 - (Editar texturas)
  • Tutorial en español -

Last edited by Jenkkrystal,

cicciochiave

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I suggest not to release your mod when you have completed the first generation, but only the ones available in sun and moon (or maybe just start with the first island ones).
In any case, great work, it would be awesome to play a randomized version with your textures. :D

Jenkkrystal

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I suggest not to release your mod when you have completed the first generation, but only the ones available in sun and moon (or maybe just start with the first island ones).
In any case, great work, it would be awesome to play a randomized version with your textures. :D

I had not thought about that, it might be a good idea to focus first on the pokemon that appear on the first islands. I'll keep that in mind!

Anime__knight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Damn this looks great! I can't wait for its release! If I may make a suggestion, do you think it would be possible to change the colours of the flowers on shiny comfey? I like the blue but I would just like to see the flowers be different, like change the yellow to green, the red to purple, keep the white the same and turn the pink to be a different shade of blue

Jenkkrystal

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Damn this looks great! I can't wait for its release! If I may make a suggestion, do you think it would be possible to change the colours of the flowers on shiny comfey? I like the blue but I would just like to see the flowers be different, like change the yellow to green, the red to purple, keep the white the same and turn the pink to be a different shade of blue

Yes, don't worry, I will do it. Normal and shiny versions of that pokemon are too much similar, and I dont like that!, I will do a much better one!

Reactions: Anime__knight

InquisitionImplied

Two-cent DF
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know what you're going with with this texture pack, but the color choice/color pattern for a lot of them don't look visually appealing, but the Onix looks alright

Jenkkrystal

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't know what you're going with with this texture pack, but the color choice/color pattern for a lot of them don't look visually appealing, but the Onix looks alright

Examples?, Suggestions?
Well, probably, you're right, but for now, I've tested this textures in-game, and they look really nice for me (most of them, some few could be edit too).
First u have to keep in mind that this textures are for shiny pokemons, and if you are saying this because u don't like a Blue striped Slowpoke with purple snout, well I have to say to you, that I prefer that to a fully pinkish one. The colours are not realistic, and they don't have to be, this are pokemons, not animals.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure where the garc is for the pokemon sprites but if it's the same as in Gen 6 they are in bclim format. I found a tool a while back that could convert between PNG<Bclim. If you know where the garcs are (or check the pastebin) and they're in the same format I could search my archives for the tool if you want. Or find it again somewhere Lol

Jenkkrystal

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Here some new textures:

6L6nFZh.png

qFcOGyM.png

dhyOsaK.png

PMBzDiP.png

UItnFiL.png

E8SBXfv.png

wl26HAd.png

The imperfections that are seen in some images, are only seen in the Ohana3DS, in the game the textures are perfect.

Some textures may be modified in the final version.

I have completed 80% of the textures of the first generation.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/hYkEl-3x92A?si=JSDoEc2QCDOrtimz