JenesisDS 0.7.4

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by granville, Jul 13, 2008.

Jul 13, 2008

JenesisDS 0.7.4 by granville at 4:26 AM (1,083 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. granville

Member granville GBAtemp Goat

Aug 24, 2007
    Naples, Florida
    United States
    Lordus has released a version of JenesisDS that improves the sound and speed considerably. Copied from Pocket Heaven:

"If nobody else does, I'll open a new topic i guess Wink

Most of the things I wanted to do before the next release are not done yet, but I decided to make an update anyway, as the sound is substantially improved in my opinion, and games can be up to 30% faster.
    The latter "cures" a lot of slowdowns, so i hope it's more enjoyable to play with this (Gunstar Heroes, Sonic3, Castlevania, etc..)

- Changed scheduling of M68000 and Z80.
    - Some changes in M68000 internal memory handlers.
    - YM2612 FM core mostly rewritten in ASM.
    - Some bugs in FM core fixed (Operator 1 was sometimes not considered in certain cases).
    - Fixed reset bug for FM core resulting in unstable sound for every game loaded except the 1st one.
    - Raised sample rate for FM emulation from 16KHz to 28KHz (28, because a few games can't do 32KHz)
    - Sound is completely mixed in hardware now, meaning every FM channel, PSG and DAC have their own DS sound channels."

What a time for my Ds to die... [​IMG]
  2. GeekyGuy

Global Moderator GeekyGuy Professional loafer

Jun 21, 2007
    United States
    It seems like a pretty good emulator from the little bit I messed with it. Bloodlines and Golden Axe both seemed to run really smoothly. I like the emulator's interface, too; it's very user-friendly.
  3. kobykaan

Member kobykaan GBAtemp Addict

Aug 27, 2007
    United Kingdom
    please use the SEARCH its already here

4. AMPonzi

Member AMPonzi GBAtemp Fan

Dec 20, 2002
    The Lost City of Atlantis
    United States
    Hey dude... if you bothered looking at the topic you were linking to, you'd notice that this topic was actually posted 30 minutes earlier than the other topic. And in the other topic, Opium makes it a point to give credit to granville for the heads up.

Take it easy there Farva...

And wow that's awesome, this is one great emulator. If only it supported Sonic 3 and Knuckles! Thanks for the news granville.