Hacking Japanese Wii - am I at a disadvantage?

delt31

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I still use the usb loader etc? Anyway I can change it into a ntsc firmware wii? I can get a cheap Japanese wii so that's why I ask. Not sure what the firmware on it is - what would be ok?

delt31

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Slowking said:
As long as it hasn't system menu 4.0 on it you can change the region using any region changer.

is that the region changer? I heard it might brick wiis. What is the best software to use?

D

Deleted User

cIOS Downgrader. choose whichever firmware you want (Recommended 3.2U) and it will download all the files. It will ask for some region-changing prompts, just agree with that.

Then, use one of the safe method to upgrade to 4.0U (Ask around, search). Install preloader (Yea, there's a guide, use the search function here).

My Wii is also originally Japanese. But it was converted through this exact method and lookie, 4.0U

Lynkk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah me too. I have a Japanese Wii "converted" to a US one (3.2U).
Everything is working, including USB Loader.

D

Deleted User

Oh ya, the only difference between mine and standard "hacked" others is, my Wii is chipped.

LazarusGX4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
usb loader , preloader, HBC, Backup launcher, GC loader works with my japanese wii, i did not even changed it to another region, the downside is japanese menu....i'm still in 3.2j sys menu...oh, you must use a japanese version of twilight princess for the twilight hack to work...

estebangh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Recently I was troubled with a JAP Wii.

I installed a modchip (Yaosm), activated region override and also turned it into 3.2U but couldn't get it to run several backups and even worse with ones that needed any update... then my last try was the Waninkoko loader and all problems were solved.

I believe the issue is with Wii's drive that knows it was made for japanese games only.

Step by step:
1. Install Homebrew Channel through Twilight Hack.
2. Run AnyRegion Changer from Hombrew Channel.
3. Download 3.2U firmware through your Wi-Fi connection and when its done change every configuration at the first section to US.
4. Install cIOS rev10 (remember that you'll need IOS36... google it or extract it from Mario Kart o Super Smash Bros. Brawl).
5. Finally run games with USBLoader 1.4.

That's what my friend (Wii owner) is doing and he's very satisfied...we tried every possible solution and neither of them seemed to work.

Believe me when I say that's the best you can do.

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
actually. i think jap users have an advantage

imagine, when we bought our wiis , it was about $100 cheaper, (i think, its about php5,000)

then we wait a few months and homebrew allows us to convert jap wiis to u.s. wiis

i bought mine premodded with 10 pirated disc for $398?(wtf? heres the it was php19000 and the exchange rate is about php45=$1 convert it yourself{whereas u.s. wiis back then was about 25000)

so. just change your region to u.s. and :yaywii:

D

Deleted User

Yes, talking bout that, US Wii unmodded here sells for RM 1400 while Japan-convert-US sells for RM 1140.

Which is better? Do the math.

hawk36

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi
i have an jap wii witch i have converted too an europa version . and the only problem i have is that the wii shop channel dosent work . is there any other that have that problem . i have tried too uninstall the channel whit file manager channel and install it again but nothing works .so if anybody knows how too fiks it i will be happy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, I have a piano keyboard but I never use it