Others Japanese to English Translation for any NDS Games?

ImmortalFlamix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello guys!

I've searched everywhere to looking for "Nintendo DS Translation Editor" a couple of times, so i don't have any idea what is application name useful of Nintendo DS Translation Editor for any Nintendo DS Games using to make English Translated ?

Wolfy

Person That Never Was
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Every time someone wants to create an English fan patch for any game, there is usually no easy way to translate the game without thoroughly opening every file after extracting it. Which for some games is quite the task and could take possibly months or even years to fully translate.

There are no shortcuts on this path(probably)

ImmortalFlamix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I see.

Btw, how the people who made possibly this secret file in the game like Dragon Quest Monster Joker 2 Professional DS English fan, ?
This image
BUT HOW.png

ImmortalFlamix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yes, i'm using on DQMJ2 Professional English Patched to make even more better english translated than beta when someone who made this English fan Beta about a long time ago, so because when i try to use with "Hex Workshop Hex Editor" but it's seems look complicated thing with Hexadecimal, like for example! i click "Find..." after i use "Value" to type any example name like "Gold Golem" so i press "OK" and message they said "The specified search string was not found!" i'm not sure why?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Several possibilities.

Main one.
While most PC stuff uses one of a few encodings* then most consoles ever have been quite custom, the DS started to use a few known things (see EUC-JP and shiftJIS. http://rikai.com/library/kanjitables/kanji_codes.euc.shtml http://rikai.com/library/kanjitables/kanji_codes.sjis.shtml ) for some aspects in some games, and has limited amounts of ASCII at other times.

Others include
Compression. Compression makes things smaller and does it by making things unreadable.
Markup. If you are familiar with HTML then rarely anything that complex but similar ideas. This can also include things like new line indicators.
Possibly unicode type setups -- A through Z for both cases, plus numbers, plus punctuation, possibly plus some Greek letters is way less than 256 options that is the maximum 8 bits can be used to represent. 256 is not even a good start in Japanese Kanji so they jump up to 16 bits (sometimes more) and your basic search might only have done 8 bit searches.
Encryption. Rare on console games but quite common in PC stuff.

*if you ever made a code as a kid along the lines of 01=A, 02=B, 03=C... then same thing for computers except using hexadecimal.

All this is but one reason why "Nintendo DS Translation Editor for any Nintendo DS Games using to make English Translated" will not exist this side of a crazy advanced AI. Even if this did work (though pro tip, try relative search next time http://www.romhacking.net/utilities/513/ ) you would probably then have said markup to wonder about, pointers and maybe some font issues at the very least.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse