Tatsurou

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm trying to play Captain Rainbow on the Backup Launcher Homebrew channel and the game loads fine but the text is unreadable. All of the text turns into boxes and f-like characters. It looks like what happens if you try to visit a Japanese site on a PC without Japanese installed on it (text turns into f[]ff[]~`f[]). If I go to into config options and set the default language as Japanese nothing changes. I've tried to search for the answer to this question but haven't found any related answers. Tell me if this thread is in the wrong place.

Using Backup Launcher 0.3 Gamma IOS249

RadioShadow

Trophies
XP
Country
It's because of the Character Encoding.

US/PAL Wii System Menu has a font set which uses ASCII. These only require 1 byte to display that character.

JP Wii System Menu has a font set which uses SHIFT-JIS or UNICODE. These require two bytes to display.

The Wii Game "Captain Rainbow" is set up to use the Wii's System Menu Font instead of using the font from the disc. Since the US/PAL Wii System doesn't use SHIFT-JIS or UNICODE, it will display the text incorrectly.

The only solution to fix the problem is to play the game on a Wii using the JPN Wii System.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Ohkay