japanese symbols on Wii U nickname?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by marchrius, Aug 17, 2015.

1. marchrius
    OP

marchrius GBAtemp Regular

Jan 12, 2015
    Italy
    I own a PAL Wii U, not hacked. Would like to have a few japanese symbols in my nickname, but the keyboard only has euro languages, and PAL wii U can't be set in japanese.

I own a hacked wii as well. Is there a way? No 3DS though.

2. CosmoCortney

CosmoCortney The Hacker Furry

Apr 18, 2013
    Germany
    on the cool side of the pillow
    maybe with the kernel exploit. If TCPGecko can be hooked to the system settings I could try to guide you how to do this

cearp likes this.
  3. marchrius
    OP

Jan 12, 2015
    Italy
    So I'll need to hack my U? I read somewhere about methods involving exporting miis from hacked or japanese wii.

4. cearp

cearp the ticket master

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    with 3ds you can only use the japanese keyboard if your 3ds is japanese, i guess it is the same for wiiu - so there is no way to do it (at the moment)

5. marchrius
    OP

Jan 12, 2015
    Italy
    Ok, here's my plan. I have two wiis and one wii U, no 3DSes. One wii is hacked, other wii and the U are not. Let's take my hacked wii out of the equation. I hack my second wii, run the mii maker in japanese, create a mii with my japanese nickname of choice,do a system transfer to wii U to have this mii transferred. Could that work?

I see methods involving 3DS, which I don't have. I could borrow one but I'd prefer not.

6. xXDungeon_CrawlerXx

xXDungeon_CrawlerXx GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 29, 2015
    Liverpool
    I was able to import my 3DS-Mii which contains Japanese Symbols in the Nickname. You don't need to hack your Wii U for that

7. marchrius
    OP

Jan 12, 2015
    Italy
    I've no 3DSs...

Solved that with wii system transfer. No need to change wii region to create miis with japanese nicknames, you only need to launch mii maker channel with usb loader gx; set japanese language in settings before launching the channel and bam! Mii maker channel in japanese.

8. DarkFlare69

DarkFlare69 GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 8, 2014
    United States
    Ohio
    Some of you guys are wrong. I did this perfectly on my 5.4 Wii U that's unhacked.

I used my 3DS and edited the extdata, generated a qr code, and scanned it on my wii u.

9. HNKii

HNKii GBAtemp Fan

Jan 28, 2014
    Switzerland
    Mario Kart Wii-DS Link Play Stadium
    I have a US Wii U and a US 3DS, gave my Mii a Japanese name without hacking both.(Not even the Wii mode).
    All you need is a DS version of Tomodachi Collection(Legitimate copy or flashcart doesn't matter,but if you have a flashcart, you can run the fan translated version).
    1. Run that game on whatever console in the DS family, play until you can transfer Miis from the Wii.
    2. Create a Mii with the exact Japanese name you want.
    3. Choose the "Transfer to Mii channel"option on the DS game, and launch Mii channel on Wii mode.
    4. Press A+B+1+2 to unlock communication w/ Nintendo DS if you haven't yet, and transfer the Mii from DS to Wii.
    5.The Mii will appear in blue pants(uneditable), but it does not matter. Go back to Wii U mode and run Mii maker, choose to copy all Miis from the Wii mode.
    6. You should have that Japanses Mii ready, and it should be editable.
    Hope this helps :)

marchrius and Sliter like this.
  10. Sliter

Sliter GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 7, 2013
    Brazil
    ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
    very good! o3o

11. marchrius
    OP

Jan 12, 2015