Japanese Soul Bubbles Ain't Just a Graphical Overhaul

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Hadrian, May 12, 2009.

1. Hadrian
    OP

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    Some may know that the Japanese are getting the excellent but undersold NDS game Soul Bubbles but they will get one that looks different to the Western release. Apparently the developers of the Japanese version are fixing other things that were kept in the Western release.

[​IMG]

I prey that it does better over there than here but I know it wont. I'm hoping that one day it could hit WiiWare or DSiWare

Screens of Japanese version:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Edgedancer

Member Edgedancer Director of Moon based operations

Australia
    This seems like the type of title that the Japanese would like. I hope it gets a bit more recognition over there.

3. Vague Rant

Member Vague Rant Deceptively cute

Australia
    I wonder what the chances are of this version including English, or in the case of it being Japanese-only, how hard it would be to copy across the English script.

4. twisteddeeds

Member twisteddeeds GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    it might be worth picking up anyway... its not that difficult a game to figure out.

its a shame it didnt sell better. i think its the bubbles thing maybe people thought it was too "kiddy"

5. Psyfira

Member Psyfira Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue

United Kingdom
    Personally I'd point the finger at the boxart; it's a decent image but it pegged itself with a young target audience. Remember the DS's wide casual user base, to people who don't read internet reviews and just browse the shelves in Game, boxart is everything. While the price tag may have been attractive, they missed a trick there.

Though do we actually have an accurate estimate of the sales figures? If they're taking it overseas then it cant've done that badly [​IMG]

I prefer the little monkey dude, he fits in better with the rest of the graphics than bright purple [​IMG]