fire walk with me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So there's a Japanese Market really close to my house and I decided to take a look at what they have. They have lots and lots of different stuff, but unfortunately, I can't read anything =/ So, I'm asking fellow Japanese Tempers; what's a good Japanese snack type of food that I can buy from there?

Please write them down with their english spelling or even better, post a picture of them !!! So that I can show it to the employees and they'll hopefully help me.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well traditionally speaking various flavors of Pocky are great as is the ever simple fun you can have with rice paper. Pocky says pocky on the box, you can't get lost on that. The standard one is a cracker/cookie like stick dipped in a very nice chocolate, but there are other flavors including strawberry.

Icarus

fire walk with me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well traditionally speaking various flavors of Pocky are great as is the ever simple fun you can have with rice paper. Pocky says pocky on the box, you can't get lost on that. The standard one is a cracker/cookie like stick dipped in a very nice chocolate, but there are other flavors including strawberry.
I remember seeing that. It was right next to Pretz and other crackers like that.

kikuchiyo

大阪に生まれた男
Trophies
Website
coin-battle.com
XP
Country
United States
I actually junk fooded out last night with a friend as we watched Drop Dead Gorgeous and Mean Girls, and then I went to the grocery so junk food is fresh on my mind.
biggrin.gif

Pocky (and faux Pocky, like Fran) and salad Pretz are really good. I especially like Men's Pocky but lately I've been buying the generic white chocolate brand of pocky at Jusco.

Koala Machi cookies are good (I like the white chocolate ones best). They're pretty obvious as they're in pentagonal shaped boxes with koalas on it. Along the same line the chocolate acorns (I forgot the name, I haven't had them in a while) are really good too.

Sembei is good if you like it. I love Japanese potato chips - there's a kind from Hokkaido potato which is really good and then my favorite is the Calbee consome ?????????flavor.

Twiffles

танковые победы
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hmm... I'm really a chocolate person but I'm not that into Pocky.
So I'll say Hello Panda and Kit-Kats. Even Kit-Kats aren't really "Japanese". Still like them though.

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While Pocky was mentioned, I have to add that you should try out strawberry Pocky.

If the shop isn't too expensive I'd just grab one of everything(everything that looks good) and try it for yourself.

kikuchiyo

大阪に生まれた男
Trophies
Website
coin-battle.com
XP
Country
United States
I forgot all about strawberry pocky. Mmm, now I want some, but I haven't seen in it a bit. I wonder if they don't sell it in the inaka, if I'm just not looking, or they don't sell it as much?

Anyway, I forgot about black black gum too. It's very strong mint gum - my ex left me 20 packages of it, way back in the day, and I ended up giving it to my American friends - one of them stopped breathing it was so strong
wink.gif

kikuchiyo

大阪に生まれた男
Trophies
Website
coin-battle.com
XP
Country
United States
I mentioned both the chocolate and the gum above but here are the packages for your reference.

-1.jpeg

This thread got me in the mood to buy sweets so I picked these up yesterday (plus I was buying candy for my first graders AND the cash register girl is cute so I've been finding any excuse to do groceries).

Orc

‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
While Pocky was mentioned, I have to add that you should try out strawberry Pocky.

If the shop isn't too expensive I'd just grab one of everything(everything that looks good) and try it for yourself.
Get the tsubu strawberry Pocky. It's the one with bits and stuff. If I can find the 40% or 50% more strawberry bits kind of tsubu tsubu I usually get those.
That or any of the Mousse Pocky.

Get some Melty Kiss too if you like chocolates, those are fucking awesome.
Try different kinds of potato chips too just for fun. I buy Calbee seaweed, okonomiyaki or wasabi flavored chips.

If I do go to a Japanese grocery I usually end up buying some miso, mirin and a lot of Calpis Water lol

iffy525

not famous
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Haichuu is really good. Tons of flavors too.
It looks like this: ハイチュウ
EDIT: Also ramune (its like a soda) is really good and so is ramune candy (they're hard candy). In Japanese it looks like this: ラムネ or this: らむね

Icarus

fire walk with me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So I'mma go tomorrow there and buy most of the things I can find that you've mentioned here. Hope they won't cost too much =S Thanks for the advices. Keep em coming though !!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    sony should #stopkillinggames
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    they killed LittleBigPlanet online, which was the main core of every LBP game
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    for real
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    at least with them, it was because of the DDOS attacks, ubisoft was just scummy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol newegg+