Japanese roms and online play?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Nokota, Feb 17, 2017.

1. Nokota
    OP

Nokota Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 17, 2017
    Canada
    Hi so i was wondering if i were to get one of the 3ds flashcard and inject japanese roms how can i go online with them and download update?iknow for a fact gateway reads jap games but a friend of mine tried and couldt go online.im super nooby in these stuff but he was telling about cfw?help please

2. doughmay

doughmay GBATemp Certified Nothing

Jan 6, 2017
    United States
    The Temp
    I wouldn't with roms in general and even cias. CIAS from your region are OK but online play with japenese cias is a no go. Also roms due to the public header that could get you banned so unless you want a ban I wouldn't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Nokota
    OP

Nokota Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 17, 2017
    Canada

So basicly theres nothing we can do to do this?

4. doughmay

doughmay GBATemp Certified Nothing

Jan 6, 2017
    United States
    The Temp
    Not really. Unless you change your consoles region which isn't the best solution. Even then it'll make playing other games more difficult for online functionality. So not much we can do. Those Nintendo ninjas are always watching.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. ItsKipz

ItsKipz l33t hax0r

Sep 9, 2016
    United States
    The C: drive
    First off, you're fine to go online with out of region CIA's. Second, instead of a flashcart you should follow https://3ds.guide/ and get CFW, it doesnt cost anything and its much better.

6. Nokota
    OP

Nokota Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 17, 2017
    Canada

Ok well thank you but im reading all of this and im super lost right now,so now i will be able to download the jpn rom,go online with it and of corse update it in order to go online?

7. ItsKipz

ItsKipz l33t hax0r

Sep 9, 2016
    United States
    The C: drive
    Yes.

8. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    After you finish the guide, install freeShop and get the game from there. You can install updates with freeShop too. I don't know if going online is a risk though.

9. Molina

Molina My title? It's gone,... like the last fuck I gave.

May 14, 2016
    France
    I believe it's all about game editor politic, Monster Hunter X banned out region player (and be prepare for 'I've been ban' when XX will be out.), I never had a problem with Metroid Prime FF US (US game on EU console).

So kind of a shot in the dark. Or japanese are too ra... elitist. :creep:

Edit: It's the kind of thing which we should test, but who would volunteer when we know the console will end up banned online.

Last edited by Molina, Feb 17, 2017
  10. Geezerdorf

Geezerdorf Member

Newcomer
    Apr 11, 2016
    Mexico
    ヴェラクルス、メキシコ, AKA Hell.
    It's more like a shot in the dark, just like @Molina said. Certain game companies do not care...but others do.

I have both Monster Hunter X and Game Center CX3 in cartridge.
    As everyone knows with MonHan, the game doesn't allow you to play online, but local multiplayer and the DLC download is still allowed.
    Whereas there's no Restriction to go online to the friendly competition, scoreboards and DLC on Game Center CX 3.

Not me. After seeing the blanket ban with those who entered early to play the game in japanese, i strictly kept it as a collection item. That's why i saw coming the pokemon ban a mile away, but i thought they were going to do heavier stuff for it, like keeping a track record of the data shared by your 3ds (hence my tinfoil hat theories of before)

Don't wanna risk my n3ds for something we know most of the answer...but on the other hand, i'm sure a list must exist already; it's been a while for one to not exist.

11. Nokota
    OP

Nokota Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 17, 2017
    Canada
    Thaat sucks that theres no solution other then buying a jap 3ds but that cost too much so ill guess ill give up then thank you guys

12. Garro

Garro Pendulum of souls!

Aug 15, 2009
    Cote d'Ivoire
    Somewhere
    I'm not sure if I remember correctly, but I think those banned in MHX where only those who used the Unofficial English Patch and played online. But that was long ago I don't even know if they confirmed it. But people were blaming the patch. (Also those were game bans, not console bans)

13. Geezerdorf

Geezerdorf Member

Newcomer
    Apr 11, 2016
    Mexico
    ヴェラクルス、メキシコ, AKA Hell.
    Just like the incident of Pokemon Sun/Moon, it's a mixed bag.
    There was a Blanket ban for all those that attempted to get online before Monster Hunter X servers were even on.
    Then there's the online-restriction ban if you try to enter online with the game on an OOR firmware/3ds/CFW. Most of those using the patch were actually banned due to this. After that, the translation team made a patch that prevented this issue, and people could play online again.

For us with the physical cartridge and an OOR system, it's a no-go. Ironically, you CAN connect online and download the bundles, the DLCs and the arena challenges without problem.

There is a workaround, though, but it's way too much of a hassle just to play a game (and besides, i'm playing Generations, waiting for Double Cross' overseas news, patiently)

14. Nokota
    OP

Nokota Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 17, 2017
    Canada
    I guess ill just wait on a hack for this one