Japanese Researcher turns Human Feces into an Edible Burger

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have yet to see the video (my browser is in a bit of a shields up state right now) but my main question is what is the energy efficiency of this (I am reminded of the ages old thought experiments concerning irreversible reactions) and I am going to want to see some industrial scale plans drawn up and I should probably raise a question along the lines of what about the existing infrastructure that already uses such materials.

DC2000

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
A Gay Little Catboy said:
And just like that I'm now a vegetarian.

Because you would love to try it? ^^

It would shurely doesnt taste that bad but thinking on what you eat would made it bad.... I wouldnt eat that.
unsure.gif

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
_Chaz_ said:
I agree with this. Vegetarians normally stand to make a point, eating food inspired by and designed to get the closest to the death and consumption of animals just seems hypocritical to the worst degree.

Not really. As long as you don't eat meat you make your point. You're effectively boycotting the meat industry and what it stands for and boycotting whatever you find ethically wrong with it. I don't really see anything hypocritical about it. If I said "MEAT IS MURDER" and threw red paint on people after I had a nice meal at McDonald's that'd be hypocritical.
That'd be like me boycotting the movie industry and going out to play games based on those movies.
It doesn't work if you speak out against something, and then indulge in a result of that something.

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If people were to exist on a diet mainly made up of this....for lack of a better term: reprocessed food,
and they were continually adding to the food pool.
(okay, that's disgusting terminology)
how long would it take for there to be absolutely no nutritional value in the 'meat'?

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Vulpes Abnocto said:
If people were to exist on a diet mainly made up of this....for lack of a better term: reprocessed food,
and they were continually adding to the food pool.
(okay, that's disgusting terminology)
how long would it take for there to be absolutely no nutritional value in the 'meat'?

Nobody eats only meat though. And I bet you'd be adding more stomach lining and other stuff than you'd think.

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cwstjdenobs said:
Nobody eats only meat though. And I bet you'd be adding more stomach lining and other stuff than you'd think.

You've never met my dad. He shuns almost anything that grows in the ground on the basis "he doesn't eat rabbit food".
He exists on fried chicken and hamburgers. Don't really see how...or why he does it.

But you make a good (and further disgusting) point that I hadn't considered.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
_Chaz_ said:
That'd be like me boycotting the movie industry and going out to play games based on those movies.
It doesn't work if you speak out against something, and then indulge in a result of that something.

That's not really a valid example. These "imitation meats" aren't a product of "animal slaughter" (for lack of a better word) which is what most moral vegetarians oppose.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Vulpes Abnocto said:
cwstjdenobs said:

You've never met my dad. He shuns almost anything that grows in the ground on the basis "he doesn't eat rabbit food".
He exists on fried chicken and hamburgers. Don't really see how...or why he does it.

My gosh, exactly the same as my aunt.
ohmy.gif

I don't mind going vege, actually.
tongue.gif

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Vulpes Abnocto said:

I've known people like. But I bet he has fries, bread, sugary stuff. And all drinks I can think of are plant based and still have some nutritional content, even if just barely.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
_Chaz_ said:

That's not really a valid example. These "imitation meats" aren't a product of "animal slaughter" (for lack of a better word) which is what most moral vegetarians oppose.
If it wasn't for the slaughter of animals, and use of said animals for much testing, the manufacturer wouldn't know what meat tasted like, been able to imitate it, or sell it as imitation meat.

gloweyjoey

who??
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This seems like something you would see on The Onion.

I dunno, some things don't seem right, like the fridge labeled "SHIT BURGERS" in English.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can see this taking off in a disaster area. Last resort type stuff. If what they say is true about the nutritional content, and the taste, then it shouldn't sit any different. If there's one thing the Human race is bad about it's the turned nose syndrome. We eat tons of shit every day, but as soon as we know what it is, we turn our noses up at it. Regardless of the benefits of the food.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Ding dong