Gaming Japanese PuyoPuyo Tetris Lets you play more rounds per match than US demo

Eddypikachu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In case you thought about deleting that Japanese PuyoPuyo Tetris in favor for the US one think again! The US version restricts each match to only a single win before it ends the demo and makes you choose your mode and character all over again, while the Japanese demo allows you to choose from 1-3 wins to decide the champion in each match! You could use the US version to remember what all the menus mean and then transfer that knowledge onto the Japanese demo if you want to know how to thoroughly navigate the menus and be able to play more rounds in a battle. Happy puzzling!

Reactions: Zhongtiao1

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Don't Quote me on this but it seems the AI in Japanese version is little bit harder than on US version though. (So, US is more beginner friendly)

Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano

Zhongtiao1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't Quote me on this but it seems the AI in Japanese version is little bit harder than on US version though. (So, US is more beginner friendly)

For me it has felt the opposite. I've actually won a versus match before on the US Demo, never on the Japanese

Sent from my Q5 using Tapatalk 2

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
For me it has felt the opposite. I've actually won a versus match before on the US Demo, never on the Japanese

... So it is as I said? I said Japanese version seems Harder than US version - That is US: Easy Japanese: Hard

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Sorry, you're right. I misread

Yeah. Seems like a weird regional difference but it is indeed a fact that this game has been out for a while in japan, they have a little more competitive Tetris as well as long standing PuyoPuyo history in the country so their expectation of a Western player is probably lower, and even the japanese version still has a easy option - just less beginners in Japan coming into the game than in west where we have not had good puzzle battlers released here for a long while.

Fun offtopic fact: Tetris Attack (which is not called that in Japan) can't be rereleased in West unless they release just the Japanese original as is, because it's usage of tetris name. These days you can't do that unless you are actually doing tetris with tetris rules. PuyoPuyo tetris does follow those though.

Axido

Maker of TRASLApp
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Aw man. :/
If this is also the case with the full release, I'll need to stick with the Japanese version. I'm currently playing it on 3DS and I don't have any trouble getting through the story. I'm more concerned about three-star ratings. 2-3 still gives me headaches even though I got every three-star rating up until 4-6, some of them at first try. But this particular challenge must expect me to get all those points required with one giant combo, since my opponent loses so damn fast that I'm not able to stack up points properly. If the US version has even dumber opponents, that'd be ridiculous.

Zhongtiao1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah. Seems like a weird regional difference but it is indeed a fact that this game has been out for a while in japan, they have a little more competitive Tetris as well as long standing PuyoPuyo history in the country so their expectation of a Western player is probably lower, and even the japanese version still has a easy option - just less beginners in Japan coming into the game than in west where we have not had good puzzle battlers released here for a long while.

Fun offtopic fact: Tetris Attack (which is not called that in Japan) can't be rereleased in West unless they release just the Japanese original as is, because it's usage of tetris name. These days you can't do that unless you are actually doing tetris with tetris rules. PuyoPuyo tetris does follow those though.

Little off-topic, but have you tried Wai Wai spelunker yet? It's a good platformer and there's a demo on the eshop.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

That's true. The English version feels like it's much easier than the Japanese demo and more limited too.

On the Japanese demo you can play up to three rounds whereas the English demo is only one.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Little off-topic, but have you tried Wai Wai spelunker yet? It's a good platformer and there's a demo on the eshop.
Spelunker World.

I know that's not for me to answer but hell, I played the demo and loved it. At first I got a bit annoyed with the deathly jumps but got used to them, I hope there'll be a Western physical release of the game as I'd buy it on the Switch.

Reactions: Zhongtiao1

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I found out one more regional difference that is kinda weird between the demos:
The western demo does not have any rumble effects while Japanese version has a lot of rumble effects, with a slight rumble for every hard drop and some quite pleasant feeling rumble from "big hits" against you, loss or win.

F34R

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm screwed if the western version is beginner friendly lol. I keep getting my rear handed to me lol.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

They AI difficulty on both feel the same for me honestly, it's probably just a placebo effect.
The Japanese demo definitely felt tougher for beginners. I'm not very good at it but finally won all three rounds, this is something I've not done before on the JPN demo. However, the English demo isn't very challenging and rather a bit too easy.

C9ZJUANUwAAsg7q.jpg

Eddypikachu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The English demo is too hard for me already...
You'll get better after more practice don't worry :) And even if you don't as long as you're having fun playing the game it won't really matter at all whether you're good or not, just enjoy playing the game :D

Eddypikachu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BTW yall I'm pretty good at this game so if you plan on getting the full game you should totally add me I'd be a great sparring partner My switch FC is SW-0355-3977-9880. You can just send me a friend request and then reply to me on here so I know who added me :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: butt