Japanese promotional posters

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by Bitbyte, Sep 30, 2008.

Sep 30, 2008

Japanese promotional posters by Bitbyte at 12:25 AM (1,373 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. Bitbyte
    OP

Member Bitbyte GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Belgium
    Does anyone know where I can find these?

I'm talking about posters like these:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. myuusmeow

Member myuusmeow GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    IDK if you meant to buy or to download, but if you can find some hi res scans, use http://www.blockposters.com/ to easily make your own.

3. CorruptJon

Member CorruptJon :)

United States
    Ebay maybe?

4. Bitbyte
    OP

Belgium
    Buy them, I only want official stuff [​IMG]. They come from the game shops in Japan, but I can't find them on eBay :/

5. Hillsy_

Member Hillsy_ GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Interesting, I use to collect them too. I had Shenmue, Soul Calibur, Dead or Alive 2, 3 etc.. More around the Dreamcast time. I agree though, your best bet is E-bay. There use to be a user who sold many of these, but sadly he closed shop over a year ago.

Sometimes game shops such as Gamestation are willing to part ways with there promotional posters. Ask around in shops, you never know.

Good Luck.

Here's a couple I have, Out of Print too;

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The actual japanese posters are large.

6. Bitbyte
    OP

Belgium
    Nice [​IMG]. A few days ago, I e-mailed the guy who was selling the posters from my OP and apparently he goes to Japan every 2 months and then stays there for 2 months. When he comes back he should have a healthy supply of new stuff, so probably gonna get some there [​IMG]

7. apb407

Member apb407 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    heh i love the rumble roses one in japan it was a cut out ill upload the image later if i find it in my magazine i cant find it on the internet any more.....i believe it was in GI like 5 years ago or something

8. Hillsy_

Member Hillsy_ GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    [​IMG] I'm sure you will have so many you won't know what to do with them [​IMG] Actually talking about what to do with them, I'm quite partial to the odd promo poster too [​IMG] When I wanted to collect promotional posters I always had a search prepared on ebay international Japan. It is a good way to find newly listed items of interest.

@apb407 - A cut out?

It reminds me of when I had a full size stand up of Kilik, or was it Sophita.. I can't remember, Kilik was my favourite character from the Soul Calibur series, but... Hmmm.. I think it was Kilik [​IMG] I sold it a long time ago though, but kept the promo posters. Of course, then I started looking into statues/figurines, like the ones you see on my sig. [​IMG]

9. kikuchiyo

Member kikuchiyo 大阪に生まれた男

United States
    eBay international sucks if you're looking for actual stuff from Japan. Yahoo Auctions is much more popular here.

EDIT: That is on Yahoo.co.jp of course.