Japanese New 3DS LL & US Game Updates

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Infligo, Dec 13, 2014.

1. Infligo
    OP

Infligo Member

Newcomer
    Dec 13, 2014
    United States
    I plan on purchasing the New 3DS LL from Japan and had a question about online play. Since the Gateway is region free I will be able to play US region games, such as the US Super Smash Brother's. Now that being said how will the updates from the game work? Will I get the US game update as normal or not since I'm on a Japanese console? This is the only thing I'm worried about as I've read up about any other concerns, thank you for your time!

2. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    it used to be that you could play region free online, but if the game needed eshop updates you couldn't.....but now thanks to the wonder that is .cia installation you can download the updates from other sources and install them to continue playing online

3. Infligo
    OP

Infligo Member

Newcomer
    Dec 13, 2014
    United States
    Are those updates via .cia usually made available quickly? Do you know of a reliable source for these updates? Thanks for your reply :)

4. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    cant link to sites that host such content, but they are *generally* available fairly quickly now days, you will just have to have a google for sites that offer that kind of stuff

5. Serious_Heavy

Serious_Heavy GBAtemp Regular

Dec 9, 2014
    France
    Noir York City
    Unfortunately even linking to 3DS updates sites is against the rules. As always, use your Google-fu.:ph34r:

6. Infligo
    OP

Infligo Member

Newcomer
    Dec 13, 2014
    United States
    Alright, thanks a bunch!