Japanese Kingston MicroSD card?

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by Quay Cur, Jun 7, 2007.

1. Quay Cur
    OP

Quay Cur Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 13, 2006
    United States
    So, anyone know where to get a Japanese Kingston MicroSD card? That or any other card that will run Castlevania PoR on an M3 DS Simply.

I also remember seeing a post on here giving the model number (or whatever) for a Japanese Kingston 2GB MicroSD card. Anyone know it?

2. Xcursion

Xcursion GBAtemp Regular

Nov 18, 2006
    Canada
    DealExtreme, NewEgg, Amazon, and several other online and retail stores.

3. 4saken

4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Nov 28, 2006
    The Japanese 2GB microSD is the Toshiba (it has similar markings on the microSD). However I don't think it's easily found online.

Best stick to the 1GB cards for Castlevania: POR anyway.

4. Quay Cur
    OP

Quay Cur Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 13, 2006
    United States
    Any particular reason why? I guess 1GB should be enough. I can't see myself needing to play more than twenty games at once, anyway.

5. Xeijin

Xeijin GBAtemp Fan

Mar 25, 2007
    London, UK
    AFAIK there are no 2GB cards that play Castlevania: POR without any problems. There were some reports of Patriot 2GB cards being able to play it full speed, but they're not consistent enough to gurantee you compatibility with it.

I would stick to the Kingston 1GB, although it's not GURANTEED to work with Castelvania: POR perfectly, it has a high chance of doing so.

Also, I reccomend you purchase it from Dealextreme as it's specifically stated as Japanese and also an excellent price (with free shipping)

www.dealextreme.com

6. Chanser

Chanser :o

Jun 27, 2006
    Monaco
    Runs Castlevania video mostly fine here, just one slight hiccup in the video on the Kingston Taiwan card.

7. ryuujin2788

ryuujin2788 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 7, 2007
    United States
    Don't forget Meritline!

They ship really fast for free and it's only $9.99.