Japanese ISPs superior?

synce

だいこんちゃんのだいふぁん
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Comoros
This has been bugging more and more lately, maybe because it's not improving at all. Most of the torrents I DL come from JP sites, and when I connect to peers I usually get speeds in the MB/s range... But when I'm downloading with an American swarm I'd be lucky to get something half as fast. Europe is even worse (I'm talking consistent double digits speeds). If it's from the west and not from a private tracker it's gonna be a long ass wait, basically. Do Japanese people better understand the concept of sharing, or are their ISPs really this superior?

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Episode of The Gadget Show a while back had parts somewhere in Asia (maybe Japan or Korea, I don't remember), but they had speeds of about a gigabit for a price comparable to ISPs here
smileipb2.png

They have all the good stuff
dry.gif
apart from strong currency

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That reminds me, everyone posting in here should be aware of the proper abbreviations:

MB/mB = Megabyte
Mb = Megabit
MiB = Mebibyte

Can't we just have teh int3rnets straight in our brains? With anti-virus software of course
smileipb2.png

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ProtoKun7 said:
Episode of The Gadget Show a while back had parts somewhere in Asia (maybe Japan or Korea, I don't remember), but they had speeds of about a gigabit for a price comparable to ISPs here
smileipb2.png

They have all the good stuff
dry.gif
apart from strong currency

Korea

Japan has the advantage in technology but the US has the same advantage but Japan has less landmass than the US making it cheaper for an all fiber optic network.

It's easier to convert from Yen to US dollars and vice versa than most currencies save for the Euro.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse