OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So I decided to import my first Japanese GBA game, a copy of Fire Emblem 6. I ordered from Play-Asia, whom I heard was very reliable, and it arrived very quickly and it in perfect condition. However, the game arrived with no shrink wrap on it, although they listed the game as new
unsure.gif

So I was hoping that someone here with importing experience can tell me if this is just the norm in Japan, or did I get sold a used copy?

Thanks guys
yaynds.gif

Awdofgum

Wadofgum
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Used or not. If it works then you are set.
You also stated that it was in perfect condition so it either must be new or Japanese people really take care of their games.
gbasp.gif

Triforce

Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
You have nothing to worry about, the game will be brand new. I know it sounds strange but Japanese GBA games dont come shrink wrapped period. I must have got around 15 brand new GBA imports and none of them were ever factory sealed.

And the best way to tell if a cart has been used is by looking at the pins for scratches.

Triforce

Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
Just to put you at ease babelfish, ive ordered a couple of GBA games directly from jpn through a japanese friend of mine that owns an import shop in London. Even those games never came shrinked. But all my GC and DS games have been factory sealed. So i guess its just the GBA that gets left out for some games, i dunno
unsure.gif

babelfish

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the info Triforce, I do feel quite better now
smile.gif
I figured that it was new, as the box looked unopened (there are no creases/bend marks on the box flaps where the game slides out), but I just wanted a confirmation none-the-less.

Funny thing is I have no intention of opening it, as I only purchased it so that I have it in my collection. I already have the translation patched version of the game on my M3, which I can actually understand
tongue.gif
I've just been on this morality kick lately and decided that if I want it on my M3, I should actually own it. Glad that I do too cause it's one helluva game!

Thanks again for putting my mind at ease guys
yaynds.gif

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yah up until this generation of stuff Nintendo hasn't shrinkwrapped their games. I've received new Super Famicom, GBC and GBA things and never once were they wrapped up all tightly. My guess is that people there, honor bound and all that, and traditionally a low crime society as well just didn't see the point in wrapping up stuff. A lot of basic things like these over there just come in a box hung up or on a shelf.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: 🦛 🐦 (🐑🐑) 🦛 🐦 (🐑🐑) 🦛 🐦 🦌🐑 🦛🐦 (🐑🐑)