Japanese GORE

Discussion in 'Books, Music, TV & Movies' started by Shinigami357, Dec 16, 2010.

Dec 16, 2010

Japanese GORE by Shinigami357 at 6:13 PM (2,404 Views / 0 Likes) 38 replies

1. Shinigami357
    OP

Member Shinigami357 Current "give a fuck" level: Honey Badger

Philippines
    I read about the new law/ordinance/rule whatever you call it that basically limits the violence or sexual content in manga. I was obviously displeased (PO'd), and went off to vent my frustrations elsewhere when...

I encountered this little movie they call Audition. Seriously, from the trailers alone and whatever info I can get from my preferred horror sites, I was like OMGWTF??? [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Technically, it's not just the gore, but still anyone who's seen this will know what I mean. I watched 7 SAWs, 4 Final Destinations, 2 Hostels, se7en, the myriad of Texas Chainsaw Massacres etc etc etc and so far this one has disturbed me the worst. I'm in the middle of trying to get a copy. Hopefully I'll be back with a sane mind.

Has anyone here seen it? Feedback, warnings, anything at all???

Disclaimer: If you are queasy, easily disturbed or in no way at ease with horror movies and brutality and whatnot, please do not search for this movie. Value your sanity a bit.

2. MFDC12

Member MFDC12 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    audition is one of my favorite movies (its one of theonly movies to make me cringe. ever), however its actually pretty tame compared to other miike's movies. check out gozu and ichi the killer, they are much more violent haha. that being said it scarred my 13 year old mind years ago [​IMG]

also, just a warning, if you are afraid of needles or things going into your eye, you seriously may cringe in the end. i know i did. another forewarning, if you get quesy when watching someone throw up, i would not face the keyboard or screen [​IMG]

also, check out imprint (masters of horror episode), its a lot like audition.

if you watched the hostels you probably wont have a problem per se, i actually think hostel 1 was more on the disturbing side (purely for the eye scene) but either way audition is quite disturbing

3. shlong

Member shlong in memoriam of gravitas

Italy
    OMGWTFBBQ?!?!?!?!
    *Searches for a download*
    Seriously, wat?

4. Shinigami357
    OP

Philippines
    Good luck. I tried this for hours, but maybe I was looking at the wrong places. I'm downloading the full 13 parts of the movie from youtube as I type.

5. shlong

Italy
    I've found a 720p bluray rip [​IMG]
    I'd tell you where/give you the link, but...well...you know :3

6. Shinigami357
    OP

Philippines
    I can't do bluray in any case [​IMG] . I usually download stuff and watch them straight off my low-spec pc. Thanks for the thought, though.

7. MadClaw

Member MadClaw GBAtemp Fan

United States
    lol i found it in two seconds, Yay private trackers? anyways this should be cool to watch with my friend, thanks [​IMG]

8. shlong

Italy
    There's also a 1link dvd rip [​IMG]
    But, heyho~
    *Returns thread back to talking about random acts of violence*

9. Shinigami357
    OP

Philippines

Seems my disclaimer was... Um, disregarded, to say the least. Well, what can I say? Enjoy.

10. shlong

Italy
    Wait, excluding the fact it has real people, is this worse than Battle Royale?
    I'm assuming so but...

11. hullo8d

Member hullo8d GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Audition isn't that gory.

12. MFDC12

United States
    battle royale was not really that bad.
    its not that audition has a lot of violence though. its more psychological.

13. Dangy

Member Dangy Twisting Your Mind & Smashing Your Dreams

United States

14. nando

Member nando GBAtemp Addict

United States
    audition was boring.

15. anark-e

Newcomer anark-e Member

United States
    Hey, not to start anything, I just thought anyone looking to watch these movies would be well-served by getting two sides of the story.

I completely agree. The movie very nearly put me and the girlfriend to sleep when we watched it. There was very little gore, and we didn't feel it had any real psychological interest either. Just all around a disinteresting movie.

As for Ichi the Killer, it was... Better than Audition, but that's not saying a lot. It was gory, but not really that much moreso than other movies that set out to achieve gore-related shock value. The storyline was fairly boring for our taste, and for me personally the gore--while present--was pretty fake-looking and unimpressive.

Again, I'm not trying to start anything. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion and if you liked either of these movies then by all means enjoy them. I just figured with so many people saying they're great, it might be purposeful to have someone take the other side of the fence and explain why you might not enjoy them.

16. shlong

Italy
    Really?
    I am disappoint...
    At least I didn't dl it [​IMG]

17. Shinigami357
    OP

Philippines
    Eh. It's alright with me. I wasn't my point to make other people watch it anyways.

18. TrolleyDave

Former Staff TrolleyDave Philosolosophising

United Kingdom
    Totally agree. I rented it after watching the trailer thinking it was going to be a slick psychological horror, but it was boring and pretentious.

19. MFDC12

United States
    i guess im the only one here so far that actually likes it [​IMG]
    im not saying it cant get boring (its a very slow moving movie) but i still find it interesting each tie i watch it *shrug*

but my advise: just watch other miike films. they are better than audition by a longshot. audition is quite overrated when it comes to being asian "extreme cinema" anyways (or even extreme cinema in the first place). anyone who says this obviously has not seen a)any other miike films (ichi, gozu) b) the first two guinea pig films c) ebola syndrome d) tetsuo the iron man e) other different movies listed at snowblood apple.

just my two cents [​IMG]

20. hullo8d

Member hullo8d GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Audition isn't that bad even though the whole film is just a huge build up to the torture scene.