Curley5959

CCC Member!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.holidaygamerz.zoomshare.com
XP
Country
I'm starting to realise how good or how popular some of the Japanese games are on the DS.. I want to know if there are any DS roms that are (J) and have an English selection.. I don't think there would be any but I just thought I would ask.. Because Im getting sick of the crappy ds game releases.. I want a good game, so I thought I would turn to the (J) roms.. But only if they have an English selection.. Thanks

grog.gif

mossy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I think the Jap versions of the Phoenix Wright games had English as a language option. Don't know about any other games.

Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Sonic Rush Adventure and Yu-Gi-Oh World Championship 2007/2008 don't have a language select menu, but they'll use your system's setting.

The first Puyo Pop Fever might have an English option. Seeing as its own GBA version and the old GBA Puyo Pop did.

Note: Unlike every other game I mentioned above, Puyo Pop Fever (GBA) wasn't released in USA. Just JP and EU.

R2DJ

Trophies
XP
Country
Not that I heard of. But there are hacks out there. The most well-known example is Jump Ultimate Superstars.

jabjab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does this forum have english translation? Clearly people need it as they are unable to read.

He obviously wants a game released in Japan which isn't released here which has an english translation.
He doesn't give a crap if there is already a US or EU version of the japanese game as he wouldn't then need a translation.

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'd say tough luck.

One of the only reasons Japanese version of games would have an English option is because the game was planned to be localized from the start.

A good example is Final Fantasy 1/2 Anniversary edition on the PSP. They had built-in English in the Japanese version and it arrived in the US in a month or so.

On the other hand, FFT or Crysis Core took half an year ish.

Batman55

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Exit DS is in English except for the little monologues before some missions. The tutorial is in Japanese, but it's got easy controls so you can check a walkthrough for like a minute. Every other menu is in English.

Grimalkin

Waaaaaaaah!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
That Dragon Quest one for DS had that translation built into it, all you had to do was replace the Japanese script with the English script already in the rom.

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Grimalkin said:
That Dragon Quest one for DS had that translation built into it, all you had to do was replace the Japanese script with the English script already in the rom.
yes but incomplete apparently and really bad

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol