Hacking Japanese games - hard to find???

jonm

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can anyone point me in the right direction for Japanese Wii releases? I'm not looking for speciefic details just a nudge in the right direction would be great.

Basically I've been looking for Densha de Go! for the last 2 weeks but to no avail and could really use some help, no matter how ambiguos
wink.gif

p.s.

please don't say Google, I'm not a complete R-tard
dry.gif

modshroom128

Trophies
Website
modshroom128.imgur.com
XP
Country
United States

Sevael

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Newsgroups are a leechers dream. Always max my download limit and don't have to send any back. Torrents pale in compare.
Except that you have to wait for things to be re-posted on usenet, whereas you can get anything any time from torrents.

Newsgroups are only good for new releases. Plus you have to pay for a good server; there is no cost in torrents to get the same download speeds except for a little bit of extra time spent seeding.

ozzyzak

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Newsgroups are a leechers dream. Always max my download limit and don't have to send any back. Torrents pale in compare.

Except that you have to wait for things to be re-posted on usenet, whereas you can get anything any time from torrents.

Newsgroups are only good for new releases. Plus you have to pay for a good server; there is no cost in torrents to get the same download speeds except for a little bit of extra time spent seeding.

I see what you're saying. I just keep up with stuff I guess. Also, I've rarely got 700 kb/s on a torrent.

Spikey

Your Special Someone
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't max out speeds on torrents... you got to be lucky and get a bunch of seeders sending to you to get anything decent... and then your internet connection can't do much else.

Slow internet on torrents getting only about 500KB/s(on a good day... usually around 100KB/s on most stuff) sucks in comparison to no slow internet response with 2MB/s download rate... which is maxed out for me. Wish I had faster, but I guess this'll do!
tongue.gif

Louse76

Trophies
Website
myspace.com
XP
Country
United States

Same download speeds? Where are you getting them from? Not on Demonoid! It takes DAYS AND DAYS!

Ryvius

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone got any good nzb searcher? I am currently using Merlin's Portal, but they don't have much Japanese games. Or is there a way to manually search them on a newsgroup?

Sevael

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Same download speeds? Where are you getting them from? Not on Demonoid! It takes DAYS AND DAYS!
Because I don't use Demonoid, I use better places.
smile.gif
(Places which shall remain nameless, in light of the forum rules. Do NOT PM me for more information.)

My internet download is capped at about 600 kilobytes/sec download, and I typically get anywhere from 400-600kb/sec from my torrents, even very old ones. 500kb/sec is fine, considering it only takes 3-5 hours to down a full DVD-9 image. How fast do you people actually need your files that you can't wait a couple more hours for a full DVD-9 image? It might save you a lot of money.
smile.gif

The other thing about newsgroups is that when an image is first posted, 99% of the time it takes the uploader many hours to have it fully posted (slow upload speeds), meaning you're only getting the first 1/3 now, and maybe the next 1/3 in three hours from now, etc. Torrents intitially appear at the same time (and often times even earlier), and are available for download in its entirety immediately. When you weigh the two out, even at only 400kb/sec, you're still getting the image faster via torrent in most cases.

The only time I see newsgroups being better are if you have an internet service that provides more than 700kb/sec downloads (which usually costs a pretty penny) and the image has already been fully uploaded but was posted recently enough to be within the retention period. But even then, you're still paying for a faster internet connection and a dedicated usenet server, which costs $$$. Torrents work just fine on 400kb/sec internet services and are totally free. All you have to do is spend a bit of time seeding, which can be done while surfing the net, watching .avi files, listening to .mp3 files, or while not even using the computer at all. Leave it seeding overnight and it's like free candy.
smile.gif

For my ISP, getting the next step up for bandwidth would allow me to bring my downloads up to about 1000kb/sec. However, it costs an extra $20/month, plus I would need to be paying approximately $15/month for a dedicated usenet server with decent retention. Compare an extra $35/month to simply waiting a little bit longer for the downloads to complete, and I think I'll save that money. I would sooner put that 35 bucks towards an additional night out with the Mrs. every month.
smile.gif

Plus, I can pretty much guarantee that the majority of people don't have internet services that provide more than about 600kb/sec downloads. I would have to say that usenet isn't necessarily the best option for most people. But whatever works best for you is what is best for YOU. Try out a number of options and go with whichever you prefer.

Louse76

Trophies
Website
myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
Why is no one willing to share their torrent sites? I thought it was all about sharing! That's why people say newsgroups. Good torrent sites are all about networking. As in, you have to know someone to get on one!

I'd rather not have to buy an LG drive or SD adapter to backup my games.

arthurkok2

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Why is no one willing to share their torrent sites? I thought it was all about sharing!

Cause were not trying to get our asses banned.....
wacko.gif

btw, whoever wants to get on newsgroups, theres a 3day subscription for $3 on this site http://www.usenetserver.com/

my internet dl speed is 650 kbps, so if u queue up your grab list for 3 days straight, you can pretty much download...

650 kbps = 56160000 kb/day = 53.558349609375 Gb/day = 160.675048828125 Gb/3day

and that more than enough to get whatever your looking for (not wii releases in particular)

Louse76

Trophies
Website
myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
Right. I do not expect people to post about them in the forums like this, but people are unwilling to divulge information via PM or AIM or email or any other medium.

I don't get the "it took me this long to find it, so it should take you too" mentality.

Under that mentality, we shouldn't help people install their modchips then, because if we had problems, they should too!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Wholesome, welcome